Blue Oyster Cult?

Martin Ashford

The legendary Blue Oyster Cult have released details of a full UK tour around Glastonbury. They love festivals but they have never appeared at Glastonbury. I'll bet my hairy Welsh ass that they are nailed on.

JUNE 2017
London Stone Free Festival – Sat 17th
Manchester Academy – Sun 25th
Newcastle Northumbria University – Mon 26th
Nottingham Rock City – Wed 28th
Glasgow O2 ABC – Thu 29th

One of the greatest American bands of all time that are highly regarded by the denim clad hippy set.

I used to love their early stuff. Weirdly it was DFTR that probably finished them off, as they just spent the next few albums trying to recreate that hit and then a few more trying to 'get back to their roots'. Gave up on them with the ETI live album.

Probably go and see them if they played, if just for nostalgia's sake. Unless I happened to be somewhere else. ;)

Glance at their tour dates has them in France on Saturday at the Retro C Trop Festival so - given they're in Holland on Thursday as well - that's probably them ruled out. Someone has won a hairy Welsh ass. :P

Another interesting bit looking at that Retro C Trop Fest - they have Beach Boys on the Sunday. Should trash that info as well, right?

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Glance at their tour dates has them in France on Saturday at the Retro C Trop Festival so - given they're in Holland on Thursday as well - that's probably them ruled out. Someone has won a hairy Welsh ass. :P

Another interesting bit looking at that Retro C Trop Fest - they have Beach Boys on the Sunday. Should trash that info as well, right?

Looking at the Beach Boys tour dates, they're in Spain on the 21st, 22nd and 24th, which all but rules them out surely? They could only do Glasto on the Friday, in between Spanish dates. Hopefully it is Brian Wilson after all.

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

Looking at the Beach Boys tour dates, they're in Spain on the 21st, 22nd and 24th, which all but rules them out surely? They could only do Glasto on the Friday, in between Spanish dates. Hopefully it is Brian Wilson after all.

Yeah I thought I remembered reading they could only realistically do Sunday so I was surprised to spot that they were booked elsewhere that night. Fingers crossed for Beach Bri.

Edited by dentalplan

Michael Eavis 262 would go down a treat.

i take my beloved BOC baseball t shirt to Glasto every year , if you run into me say hello and we will share a beer and discuss a legend of a band .  

Shame they lost their way with a o r love songs etc , they should have just stayed left field and mysterious ! 

41 minutes ago, ivan said:

Michael Eavis 262 would go down a treat.

i take my beloved BOC baseball t shirt to Glasto every year , if you run into me say hello and we will share a beer and discuss a legend of a band .  

Shame they lost their way with a o r love songs etc , they should have just stayed left field and mysterious ! 

:lol::lol::lol:

Could well be my favourite song of theirs. :)

2 minutes ago, bellboy said:

So who do we think?

Would love to see Rainbow play on the Pyramid.

Blue Oyster lads look to be out seeing as they're playing France on Saturday and the UK tour starts Sunday. Surely that'd be differently arranged if they were showing their faces.

No idea why Rainbow haven't been talked up a bit from the beginning - particularly for the Friday rock slot thing. Anything about them being exclusive at Stone Free?

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Blue Oyster lads look to be out seeing as they're playing France on Saturday and the UK tour starts Sunday. Surely that'd be differently arranged if they were showing their faces.

No idea why Rainbow haven't been talked up a bit from the beginning - particularly for the Friday rock slot thing. Anything about them being exclusive at Stone Free?

Richie and co play all the Deep Purple stuff too. Could be lush!
I get a weird feeling they're one of those bands who would command a fairly big fee....or at least until demand falls and they start popping up everywhere.

Just now, Justiceforcedave said:

Richie and co play all the Deep Purple stuff too. Could be lush!
I get a weird feeling they're one of those bands who would command a fairly big fee....or at least until demand falls and they start popping up everywhere.

Sounds about right. Don't know much about them but I know they were in talks to sub Download last year but ended up just doing one comeback headline show instead.

31 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There's only two of the BOC classic line up in the band now. Not so sure I want to see them again.

I wouldn't get too optimistic, Rainbow, Deep Purple, BOC...not the type/genre of band Glastonbury tends to book.

'I'd like to see you in black, it'd make me feel your husband's dead...'

Although ZZ Top and Motorhead have been welcome but unexpected bookings

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I've mentioned them a few times - they've got a Glasto hole in their schedule - it's very feasible, if unlikely. They play a good assortment of Purple and Rainbow stuff, and we can overlook the fact that it's not a line up anyone would recognise