No Arcadia this year?

jfaragher

Easy tiger, we've just been through this on the Electronica thread a few months ago.  ( I think) the source was a crack magazine article, which has been updated to say:

" Love Saves The Day have got the iconic Afterburner apparatus of fire on a UK festival exclusive. The spider will appear at Glastonbury. Get a taste for it in the video below. "

Arcadia have also tweeted a reply confirming they're at Glasto.

Stand down.  REPEAT. Stand down! :D

Arcadia Afterburner is a smaller installation than the spider I believe.  They used to appear at Rockness and was a pretty neat setup, little tower in the middle with speakers a burner that the DJ was in and dotted around the perimeter were speakers pointing inward, walking through the circle created by the speakers, you couldn't help but dance.

Edited by merago
Bah - beaten to it! :)

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oi!

It was Cra(p)ck Magazine that cocked it up, not me!

I got the YES! Reassurance Tweet from the Arcadia folk!

You can put Arcadia as TBC now, Neil

;)

Ben

Pyramid (C)

Other (TBC)

W Holts (TBC)

Glade (TBC)

The Spike (SR)

The Wood Stage (R)

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Confirmed the Pyramid, since it was mentioned when Radiohead were confirmed :)

21 hours ago, merago said:

Arcadia Afterburner is a smaller installation than the spider I believe.  They used to appear at Rockness and was a pretty neat setup, little tower in the middle with speakers a burner that the DJ was in and dotted around the perimeter were speakers pointing inward, walking through the circle created by the speakers, you couldn't help but dance.

They used it at Bestival too.

They used to used it at Glasto, for 2 years before the Spider.  In the Space that Block 9 is in Now.  Infact, The Afterburner became the Spider.  Afterburner was in the centre of the legs with a stage before the spider body was suspended above the crowd:

Afterburner 2008:

Afterburner 2009:

It acquired the Spider Legs in 2010:

I'd like to see something groundbreaking from Arcadia again.  It's a total mindfuck of an installation/show, but has been the same show for the past 2 years.