Wilkswood Reggae Festival, Dorset

tjamest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Thanks for putting up the ticket link for next year Neil. I didn't manage to get there this year unfortunately, was it as good as last year and had they made many changes?

very few changes. Moving the cv field back one field (which probably had better/more flat space), and better/more loos was about it. A couple of extra food traders too.

I don't think it was sold out, seemed a bit quieter this year. I've since bumped into one of the traders who was there, who said they'd declined to pay a pitch fee as it wasn't worthwhile.

I enjoyed it again, tho I'm not planning to go back unless something of the line-up attracts me. 

Edited by eFestivals

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think it was sold out, seemed a bit quieter this year. 

Presumably the large price hike from last time put off a fair few new punters. It did our crowd, unfortunately. 

I'd like to try it this one some time, but putting themselves in that kind of cost bracket means they're competing with festivals with a much weightier lineup.

• 10 months later...

I’m there for the Saturday this year (2019)

I’m assuming security are pretty friendly? Entrance searches and on site?  asking for my bud 

Headliners on at what time roughly? I guess it finishes before 11? 

I presume you can’t take booze so what’s the rum selection like? 

Taking the kids, so looks ace for them 

any hints tips or not to be missed acts. (Purely going for the vibe, to get the kids hooked on festivals and will skank out for Congo natty)

security are in-place between the campsite and the farmyard (where everything is), and they can ignore you or they can be a pain.

As far as I can remember headliners are about 9.30pm-ish, and finished by 11. There's then soundsystems etc.

I can't remember whether we bothered to take cans in. Perhaps not, as there was decent ale at a decent (for festivals) price. No idea about spirits.

There's lots of space on the site (not so much in the farmyard) and there is a small-ish kids area, but I suspect kids might get a bit bored.

Make sure you see Macka B as he's always fun.