Unusual Items Left Behind

Chef

Not at Glasto, but I've had to remove a full size pool table & complete double bed with mattress from a huge tent whilst working recycling. God knows how they got it there in the first place

last year a guy I was working came back to camp with a huge didgeridoo, which now sits mounted on the wall above his fire place

9 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Not at Glasto, but I've had to remove a full size pool table & complete double bed with mattress from a huge tent whilst working recycling. God knows how they got it there in the first place

"I can't wait for V Festival - it's gonna be mental! Been practicing my pool technique for weeks!"

Last year on the Monday I woke up pretty late after a pretty energetic Sunday night. Being the end of the festival I didn't have any water kicking around, but noticed there was one of the steel water bottles next to an abandoned tent of our neighbours. I gave it a shake and there was some water in left in there. Bleary-eyed, I opened it and took a swig...at which point it became apparent that it was whiskey, not water.

Not very pleasant, but at least it wasn't piss. Lesson learnt.

I was chatting to a security card one night years ago and he told me it was his job to check all the tents for bodies after the festival, he seemed to think they found at least one a year.

I think he might have been telling me porkies though

19 minutes ago, COPG said:

I was chatting to a security card one night years ago and he told me it was his job to check all the tents for bodies after the festival, he seemed to think they found at least one a year.

I think we can assume that safely enough 

1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Last year on the Monday I woke up pretty late after a pretty energetic Sunday night. Being the end of the festival I didn't have any water kicking around, but noticed there was one of the steel water bottles next to an abandoned tent of our neighbours. I gave it a shake and there was some water in left in there. Bleary-eyed, I opened it and took a swig...at which point it became apparent that it was whiskey, not water.

You picked up someone's random abandoned water bottle and just took an instant swig without smelling it? You're were lucky it was whisky mate! 

4 hours ago, tezshields said:

My wedding ring in 2011... It was a particularly muddy year too

{dies inside again}

Did you leave a hand written sign in the shops near the green fields? I remember we saw a sign saying something like 'I've lost my wedding ring. Hand in if found otherwise I can't go home'.

Dolly the dog got to be the no 1 find, but what kind of waste of oxygen and organs leaves a dog in a tent?

Last year the neighbours gave us a huge back of booze on their way out, which I was making a very merry post-LCD-euphoria dent into before we realised they'd ditched their fucking tent. So there's Amy Lawn at 2am, completely cooked, wrestling an unfamiliar muddy tent back into the bag to hand over to campsite stewards because those dipshits thought it was ok to just leave it there.

On 17/02/2017 at 10:38 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Dolly the dog got to be the no 1 find, but what kind of waste of oxygen and organs leaves a dog in a tent?

woa woa woa, hang on a just a goddam minute, how the feck did someone manage to smuggle a dog into Glastonbury.  Last time I checked, dogs were on the not allowed list.  And didn't anyone around the tent notice that there was a dog there, presumably it had to leave the tent at some point.  We need answers.

Edited by SteveTLizard

On 17/02/2017 at 3:37 PM, big__phil said:

Hasn't everyone done the plastic bottle of Vodka trick for someone trying to brush their teeth? (or just in desperate need of water in general). Its a big part of why I go to festivals.

5 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Hasn't everyone done the plastic bottle of Vodka trick for someone trying to brush their teeth? (or just in desperate need of water in general). Its a big part of why I go to festivals.

I still feel bad yet laugh at a friend who was really struggling one morning in 2011 so he tried to pop some paracetamol without a drink. They stuck in the back of his throat so was looking for any kind of drink just as I was having my breakfast Jager which has been decanted into a small coke bottle (oh how my capacity to drink like that has changed in 6 short years). I couldn't help myself - it took a good gulp or two for him to register that it wasn't coke due to the urgency of getting the tablets down his throat, when he did his face was a picture.

Got rid of his head ache though. 

9 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Normally carry peach snaps around the dance village at 3 am, people ask for a swig of water and I am happy to share.

15 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I did laugh when Mr Charm accidentally brushed his teeth with Sambuca, of course it was my fault. 
Charm x

On 17/02/2017 at 10:38 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Last year the neighbours gave us a huge back of booze on their way out, which I was making a very merry post-LCD-euphoria dent into before we realised they'd ditched their fucking tent. So there's Amy Lawn at 2am, completely cooked, wrestling an unfamiliar muddy tent back into the bag to hand over to campsite stewards because those dipshits thought it was ok to just leave it there.

Yeah! Takes someone's great to do that, Lawn. Drunks girls deciding it's time to get (that tent) away. I'm never as tired as when I'm waking up but half asleep on Monday morning somebody's calling me and all of my friends had the same big ideas. 

It took us just over three quarters of an hour. 

On 17/02/2017 at 4:49 PM, COPG said:

We were there on a tue years back on row mead pyramid field and a load of police land rover's drove to the corner where the ice cream van was.... Domonics ice cream van.......... Anyway they all got out must of been 15 wagons so that's a lot of bodies all with long sticks.. I asked what was accuring and I was told just that... They were checking for body's. 

They all lined up just as you see on TV and walked in a line checking any tents or blankets.. Apparently they have to do this field by field.. Quite a sobering thing to watch.. 

Right next to our crew area { separated by a a fence } there is a small patch of ground - its supposed to remain clear for emergency access but 2014 people camped on it - there is only room for ten large tents - this is right next to gate D - On the Saturday evening everyone vanished and they left everything - A security patrol came round as they had assumed it had something to do with us - they checked each tent but in the biggest tent { which looked more like a small wedding marquee } they found a ' indoor bouncy castle ' - they flipped open the doors so we could see and sure enough there was this bouncy castle - now these were not old tents and a few of them appeared as if they were brand new - and the security patrol said that they would keep checking but if they had not appeared by Monday morning they would declare it a abandoned camp - I told a friend as he had his car with him and he took down two of the smaller ones and put them in his car - we never saw who put it up as our fence had a cover on it but that blew down Saturday night  and no one that I knew spotted anyone in that area so its all a big mystery - they had camping chairs and tables and at least two BBQ's and whole team of sleeping bags - now either it was alien abduction or they did not give a monkeys.

I had to leave to catch the crew coach so I cant say what happened to the small wedding marquee because by that time this had attracted another security patrol and there was this debate going on ' who was going to grab it '

So who the hell takes a Bouncy Castle to Glastonbury ?