Liam Gallagher

plaskins

On 19/02/2017 at 10:29 AM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Dunno if anyone saw that rumoured set list from a while ago doing the rounds...

https://i.reddituploads.com/955f897870584ec0a9463c4ff62e97b0?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=967f127fc3cdb75129bee76e0fa53203

Could be massive, could be bollocks. Be a laugh either way. 

Pretty sure it's a load of bollocks. Oasis trolls get rather excited when trolloling

Anyone follow Liam's twitter? I can see truth in Noel's "he's like a man with a fork, in a world of soup". Seems angry.. 

I'd rather he released a good album and let the music do the talking. Not an album full of Don't Brother Me's though

Edited by plaskins

On 17/02/2017 at 11:34 AM, McCor said:

I say book both Noel & Liam. Different stages, same time. Just for a laugh.

That sounds a great idea - many years ago at a festival { sorry I have worked so many I cant be specific as to which one } - Liam walked into the Guest Bar on the first day ' before the bar was open '

Now many will not know that before any bar can open it has to be inspected by Weights and Measures - they take samples from all the pumps - now that year there had been a power supply problem so the certification had been delayed so technically I could not legally sell any draft drinks.

So when he walked in I told them if they wanted draft drinks they would have to wait until the bar was open.

he went right up to my face and said ' Do you know who I am ? ' - in my usual polite self I said something like ' I don't give a shit who you are - there is no power to the pumps so you cant have any draft drinks '

He then demanded that I pour him four pints { it was either cider or lager }

I said he could have some bottles but he would have to wait for draft 

He then stormed off - and as he got to the entrance he shouted - You Fucker will be fired as I wont drink in here if this fucker is still behind the bar .

He went to his Manager and the Manager went to the Tent Manager and demanded that I be sacked - the Tent Manager explained the bar could not legally sell any draft drinks and there is no way was he going to sack me .

Now sometimes after that Noel found out and he came into the bar and asked to speak to me - He apologised for his brother - I said he did not need to.

All that weekend Liam would send in one of his mates and if they spotted me they never  came in so I never saw Liam again.

so if the two show up - I will watch Noel.

Edited by glasto-worker

38 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

That sounds a great idea - many years ago at a festival { sorry I have worked so many I cant be specific as to which one } - Liam walked into the Guest Bar on the first day ' before the bar was open '

Now many will not know that before any bar can open it has to be inspected by Weights and Measures - they take samples from all the pumps - now that year there had been a power supply problem so the certification had been delayed so technically I could not legally sell any draft drinks.

So when he walked in I told them if they wanted draft drinks they would have to wait until the bar was open.

he went right up to my face and said ' Do you know who I am ? ' - in my usual polite self I said something like ' I don't give a shit who you are - there is no power to the pumps so you cant have any draft drinks '

He then stormed off - and as he got to the entrance he shouted - You Fucker will be fired as I wont drink in here if this fucker is still behind the bar .

He went to his Manager and the Manager went to the Tent Manager and demanded that I be sacked - the Tent Manager explained the bar could not legally sell any draft drinks and there is no way was he going to sack me .

Now sometimes after that Noel found out and he came into the bar and asked to speak to me - He apologised for his brother - I said he did not need to.

All that weekend Liam would send in one of his mates and if they spotted me they never  came in so I never saw Liam again.

You should have asked him when his band are playing to an empty field next again! They are both twats but Liam is the epicenter of how to be a knob!.....the British Kanye West.

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, Ovechkin said:

can't see why Liam continues slagging Noel off when Noel clearly doesn't give a shit about Liams twitter.  He's just setting himself up for a harder fall if his solo career doesn't match the expectations.

Having watched Supersonic recently one thing was clear; despite his bravado Liam suffers from quite fragile self-esteem, particularly when it comes to how he measures up to Noel. The beginning of the end of Oasis seemed to stem from Liam's reaction to Noel stepping up to be a vocalist. Noel was already the songwriter and the most musically competent of the band, if he was also going to sing Liam's place in the band looked (it seemed to him) increasing redundant.

I think he still continues to feel threatened by Noel. He'll be aware that NGHFB have been considerably more successful than anything he's done since the split and that will stick in his throat. Noel's post-Oasis output has been patchy but he's still managed to release a couple of tracks which have been commercially as successful as anything Oasis did post-Be Here Now, whereas Liam's attempts have been at best forgettable. Liam probably knows deep down that he'll struggle to produce a great album, unfortunately his way to deal with that it to slag his brother of Twitter which does him no favours at all.

If the album is good (heh) and he's on early enough id probably go out of morbid curiousity. I love Oasis including some of the stuff Liam wrote and I liked a few Beady Eye tracks as well but he sounds awful live, especially on the older Oasis tunes which is what most people are there to hear.

On 26/02/2017 at 1:13 PM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Having watched Supersonic recently one thing was clear; despite his bravado Liam suffers from quite fragile self-esteem, particularly when it comes to how he measures up to Noel. The beginning of the end of Oasis seemed to stem from Liam's reaction to Noel stepping up to be a vocalist. Noel was already the songwriter and the most musically competent of the band, if he was also going to sing Liam's place in the band looked (it seemed to him) increasing redundant.

I think he still continues to feel threatened by Noel. He'll be aware that NGHFB have been considerably more successful than anything he's done since the split and that will stick in his throat. Noel's post-Oasis output has been patchy but he's still managed to release a couple of tracks which have been commercially as successful as anything Oasis did post-Be Here Now, whereas Liam's attempts have been at best forgettable. Liam probably knows deep down that he'll struggle to produce a great album, unfortunately his way to deal with that it to slag his brother of Twitter which does him no favours at all.

Good points here. There was also a recent interview in Q magazine where those same fragilities were exposed, he came across as a bit of a loner following the split of Oasis then Beady Eye but there won't be that much sympathy for a guy who's conducted himself the way he has done at certain points over the years. He needs Noel and Oasis more than Noel needs him, that's for sure, and Liam knows it, and the constant "potato" insults etc reflect that. I would say though that the Supersonic documentary shone Liam in a better light than Noel though.

The whole situation is sad from a fan's perspective, I had some of the best days and nights out watching Oasis. Sadly, I think Liam's become a bit of a parody of himself and this solo album is destined to be about as successful as the two Beady Eye efforts, whatever your measure of success maybe.

32 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Good points here. There was also a recent interview in Q magazine where those same fragilities were exposed, he came across as a bit of a loner following the split of Oasis then Beady Eye but there won't be that much sympathy for a guy who's conducted himself the way he has done at certain points over the years. He needs Noel and Oasis more than Noel needs him, that's for sure, and Liam knows it, and the constant "potato" insults etc reflect that. I would say though that the Supersonic documentary shone Liam in a better light than Noel though.

The whole situation is sad from a fan's perspective, I had some of the best days and nights out watching Oasis. Sadly, I think Liam's become a bit of a parody of himself and this solo album is destined to be about as successful as the two Beady Eye efforts, whatever your measure of success maybe.

Yup, it's a weird situation where I almost hope the album is shite because he'd be utterly insufferable* if it was any good.

*more so

My favourite Liam Gallagher anecdote:

David Walliams: Ricky Gervais told me there's a story that Liam thinks Spinal Tap are a real band. Is that true?

Noel Gallagher: Yeah, he thought they were real people. We went to see them play in Carnegie Hall. Before they played, they came on as three folk singers from the film A Mighty Wind. We were laughing and he said: 'This is shit'. We said: 'No, those three are in Spinal Tap. You do know they are American actors?' 'They're not even a real band?' 'They're not even English! One of them is married to Jamie Lee Curtis.' 'I'm not fuckin' 'avin that,' he says, and walks off right up the middle of Carnegie Hall. He's never watched Spinal Tap since. He'd seen the film and loved it and thought they were a real band.

Full interview: https://www.theguardian.com/observer/omm/story/0,,1507223,00.html

On 26/02/2017 at 10:22 AM, alisonbison said:

Great story. Confirms my long-held suspicion that LG is definitely maybe an absolute twat. 

I know when Oasis played Reading Festival Friday 25 Aug 2000 they upset many of the guests because ' in the contract ' they had a restriction - while they were playing the guest bar would not be allowed to sell alcohol so I don't know if that was a sly dig at me - funny enough I was working that evening { in the Guest Bar } so their restriction suited me as it allowed all my Team to get out and see them so if it was a dig it backfired.

2000%20.jpg

7 hours ago, Simpo said:

My favourite Liam Gallagher anecdote:

David Walliams: Ricky Gervais told me there's a story that Liam thinks Spinal Tap are a real band. Is that true?

Noel Gallagher: Yeah, he thought they were real people. We went to see them play in Carnegie Hall. Before they played, they came on as three folk singers from the film A Mighty Wind. We were laughing and he said: 'This is shit'. We said: 'No, those three are in Spinal Tap. You do know they are American actors?' 'They're not even a real band?' 'They're not even English! One of them is married to Jamie Lee Curtis.' 'I'm not fuckin' 'avin that,' he says, and walks off right up the middle of Carnegie Hall. He's never watched Spinal Tap since. He'd seen the film and loved it and thought they were a real band.

Full interview: https://www.theguardian.com/observer/omm/story/0,,1507223,00.html

I'd still rather hang out with Liam than David Williams to be honest.

On 26/02/2017 at 10:02 AM, glasto-worker said:

Lol I just showed this to a mate who literally adores LG and his response was "seems legit. What a load of horseshit". He can't possibly bring himself to believe that LG could behave like that. They're a curious bunch those Oasis diehards. Great story GWorker.

Just now, T-Mouse said:

Lol I just showed this to a mate who literally adores LG and his response was "seems legit. What a load of horseshit". He can't possibly bring himself to believe that LG could behave like that. They're a curious bunch those Oasis diehards. Great story GWorker.

I quite like Liam Gallagher. I know someone who was in Oasis for a while and he said Liam is sound while Noel is not sound. Tony McCarroll says pretty much the same in his book. Noel comes across as a bully. Just look at his interviews. He knows exactly who to pick on. Hot Chip, Ellie Goulding and Ed Sheeran don't strike me as the type of people who would threaten to give Noel a good hiding.

Am I shocked Liam gave the bar worker a hard time? Well not particularly and it is not behaviour I would condone. Yet regardless I still prefer Liam to Noel. Noel comes across as untrustworthy and that is a far worse trait than being a bit gobby.

32 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I quite like Liam Gallagher. I know someone who was in Oasis for a while and he said Liam is sound while Noel is not sound. Tony McCarroll says pretty much the same in his book. Noel comes across as a bully. Just look at his interviews. He knows exactly who to pick on. Hot Chip, Ellie Goulding and Ed Sheeran don't strike me as the type of people who would threaten to give Noel a good hiding.

Am I shocked Liam gave the bar worker a hard time? Well not particularly and it is not behaviour I would condone. Yet regardless I still prefer Liam to Noel. Noel comes across as untrustworthy and that is a far worse trait than being a bit gobby.

Tbf this is a point of view I'm warming to. In the supersonic doc you do come away feeling that for all Liam's flaws, he's nowhere near as cutting and vindicative as Noel. 

Edited by T-Mouse

11 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

well I had enough witness and at 63 I have Nothing to prove .

I have met both of them and Noel was dead polite and Liam just wanted his own way.

By Law  Weights and Measures can close down any bar if we try to sell draft if the machinery/pumps has not been certified - it happens at every event { large or small } and the reason why some bars may not open right on time - on that occasion it had been delayed due to a power supply problem + they had walked past a big Notice saying something like bar is Closed - all he had to do was Wait.

6 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

I know when Oasis played Reading Festival Friday 25 Aug 2000 they upset many of the guests because ' in the contract ' they had a restriction - while they were playing the guest bar would not be allowed to sell alcohol so I don't know if that was a sly dig at me - funny enough I was working that evening { in the Guest Bar } so their restriction suited me as it allowed all my Team to get out and see them so if it was a dig it backfired.

2000%20.jpg

I really don't wish to be rude I but suspect you may overestimating your role in that story. I've been in guest bars that have shut when the headliner is one before, it makes people go out and watch the act rather than stay backstage.