Liam Gallagher

plaskins

First listen.....

Starts off well - Wall of Glass is a good tune. Liked that from the first time I heard it. A proper Rock n Roll single.

Bold - definitely about Noel, mentions "chasing yesterday". Another tune I like... this album could be a good un.

Greedy Soul - Its alright, but trying to pack a punch that it just doesn't have. All mouth.

Paper Crown - I can't say I hate it. He has come a long way since little james, but its a poor Beatles B Side.

For What its Worth - Cheese, heard it a million times, I moan about this kind of tune a lot, but I sadly I can't say I don't like it. In fact, I really do.

When Im in need - Nah, not for me. Absolute filler.

You Better Run - Paint by numbers, old fashioned Rock n Roll. I like it. 

I get By - Filler, but from a vocal point of view, liams strongest tune so far. One to skip, but certainly not that bad. I expected this album to be a lot worse.

Chinatown - Feels out of place to me. I can't say Im the keen on this. Chorus is alright, but I feel its overly produced a bit of a "try hard".  

Come Back to Me - Primal Scream anyone? I like this. This is what he should be doing for me. 2nd best tune so far after Wall of Glass.

Universal Gleam - Another ballad. Another filler. Not keen.

Ive all I need - Filler... another Beatles reference in it. I think thats 3 or 4. He should stop with it. 

Doesnt have to be that way - I like it. Should have heard more of this kind of thing in the album.

All my people -  Meh. Not keen. 

I never want to be like you - Beatles in the extreme, but I like the lyrics. Will be seen as a pop at Noel. I like this. 

3/5 from me. High points, Wall of Glass - For What it's worth & Come Back to Me.

Low Points - When Im in Need & All my people

5 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I quite like the album, so much better than I thought it would be.

Will I still be playing it in a years time? Probably not.

Agreed on this. Might be spinning it in a week or two but can't see it lasting longer than that. 

I do really like Wall of Glass though. 

19 hours ago, priest17 said:

Probably the best Gallagher release since Oasis' third best and final album.

I couldn't disagree any more, I think Liam has hit a low with this album it is really a case of Little James over and over and over again. Thankfully Noel's new album can come along and save the day in a few weeks. 

I've even put a list together -

Definitely Maybe

The Masterplan

What's The Story

Be Here Now

NG - High Flying Birds

The Hindu Times

Dig Out Your Soul

NG - Chasing Yesterday

BE - BE

Don't Believe The Truth

BE - Different Gear, Still Speeding

LG - As You Were

Edited by reflekting

1 minute ago, reflekting said:

I couldn't disagree any more, I think Liam has hit a low with this album it is really a case of Little James over and over and over again. Thankfully Noel's new album can come along and save the day in a few weeks. 

I've even put a list together -

Definitely Maybe

The Masterplan

What's The Story

Be Here Now

High Flying Birds

The Hindu Times

Dig Out Your Soul

Chasing Yesterday

BE

Don't Believe The Truth

Different Gear, Still Speeding

LG

By The Hindu Times I'm assuming you mean Heathen Chemistry, and it being anywhere other than right at the bottom makes this whole list null and void because that album is absolute dogshit.

I'm quite surprised by the amount of songs (half the album) where Liam is credited as the sole writer. With all his talk of getting writers in and not being able to write a chorus etc I thought the whole thing would be co-written, but some of his own songs are highlights on the album (although some are unfortunately also the sub par could've-been Oasis b-sides).

Edited by FloorFiller

28 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

There are worse Oasis albums than Heathen Chemistry. You've also missed Standing on the Shoulder, which had a few good tracks on it. 

Anyway I quite like Liam's album. It's not era-defining or anything but it's good to hear him singing again. Looking forward to Ally Pally

For me, Gas Panic is the best tune they did post whats the story.

I felt like that fell on the wrong side of the line between inspiration and imitation. Didn’t seem to be many of his own nuances to it. Tho it was a bonus track so maybe they thought the same.

Anyway, I’m bamboozled by the acceptance it’s getting. To me it doesn’t seem to be a step up from the maligned Beady Eye albums. I agree with @reflekting about the Little James over and over thing and I think the only heights it briefly reaches is ‘late-Oasis album track’ level. And all the NME-pandering namedrops, pop culture references and nods towards Noel; I realise that the music plays second fiddle to the public persona but I don’t think it’s all that necessary - people aren’t about to switch off if he doesn’t remark dismissively about selfies and One Direction.