The Jackson 5

Fladog

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

How strong a rumour is Brian Wilson?  "Just above rumour" SR, or "would be a TBC if it wasn't for that Coldplay thing in 2015" level SR?

I'm just about certain the info is correct, but the source has no meaningful history with me that can give me the final bit of confidence - particularly as his info to me was 'the beach boys' and not Brian Wilson anyway.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'm just about certain the info is correct, but the source has no meaningful history with me that can give me the final bit of confidence - particularly as his info to me was 'the beach boys' and not Brian Wilson anyway.

Ta.

Not a popular opinion round here, mainly because Mike Love is such a douchebag, but I'd very happily see the touring outfit known as "The Beach Boys".  Far less sincerity and musicianship, but still good fun. 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ta.

Not a popular opinion round here, mainly because Mike Love is such a douchebag, but I'd very happily see the touring outfit known as "The Beach Boys".  Far less sincerity and musicianship, but still good fun. 

I can't see it being the beach boys, as it's Brian doing loads of UK shows this summer.

I think this is a michael thing, like he was telling everyone 'Pink Floyd' in 2002 when it was really Roger Waters.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ta.

Oh, didn't realise Mike and co were in Spain on the Saturday and then in Italy the Tuesday after.  Not impossible for them to pop over for the Sunday in theory, but seems a pretty gruelling schedule for blokes of that age.  Not sure whether them doing 3 days in a row a week earlier makes it more or less likely!

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I can't see it being the beach boys, as it's Brian doing loads of UK shows this summer.

I think this is a michael thing, like he was telling everyone 'Pink Floyd' in 2002 when it was really Roger Waters.

Although that's not until over a month later.  The Beach Boys at least are in Europe the week of the festival and do seem the types to graft looking at their dates. Brian's dates are certainly less tight and he is scheduled to be in Europe the Thursday after.

Could easily be either one.

The Beach Boys - https://www.thebeachboys.com/tour?artist=6

JUN 21 WED Valencia, Spain Casa De Cultura De Burjasso
JUN 22 THU Madrid, Spain Nuevo Teatro Alcalá
JUN 24 SAT Fuengirola, SpainCastillo Sohail
JUN 27 TUE Rome, Italy

Brian Wilson - http://www.brianwilson.com/tour/

JUN 15 THU Blaisdell Concert Hall Honolulu, 
JUN 29 THU Odeon Odense C, Denmark
JUL 19 WED Jahrhunderthalle Frankfurt Frankfurt Am Main, Germany 
AUG 1 TUE London Eventim Apollo London, United Kingdom

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Dates formatting

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Although that's not until over a month later.  The Beach Boys at least are in Europe the week of the festival and do seem the types to graft looking at their dates. Brian's dates are certainly less tight and he is scheduled to be in Europe the Thursday after.

Could easily be either one.

yep, you're right.

But I still reckon it's most-likely Brian.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

fwiw from Emily and Nick's POV Brian's probably still the more credible booking. At this point Mike and Bruce are pretty much a glorified children's party act.

I think that's been the case for pretty much everyone since Brian got together with The Wondermints at the turn of the century.

They're still a fun kids party act though!

Brian Wilsons Euro dates are all starting after Glasto so maybe they're waiting for them to go on sale before hes announced. 

First full album show I ever saw was Wilson doing Pet Sounds in 2002. Remember reading reviews after calling it unorthodox and the like. Can't remember if it was advertised as a Pet Sounds thing. 

Setlists are off the hook at the minute.

Edited by The Nal

42 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Big Brian maybe needs his own thread now :)

Not now by the sounds of things.

I'm assuming the Jacksons will be on WH, who would sub to them do we think. The two acts ive got in my head are Kool & the Gang or Chaka khan