2017 Weather thread

LOCHLAND5

8 minutes ago, ramragon said:

Wednesday looks bad though so there could be a lot of wet ground with tractors and other vehicles driving over it before we start to arrive. 

Think majority of general camping and majority of emperors will be ok after Wednesdays rain.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mr_Grump said:

Think majority of general camping and majority of emperors will be ok after Wednesdays rain.

I still have faith and am sticking by my no wellies vow. 

An odd shower or two just points us in the direction of chai wallahs which is never a bad thing

Latest weather update from Hackthorpe (closest i can find to festival site)

Thursday - 15 degrees and spotty showers (10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm) -50% chance

Friday - 16 degrees and a couple of showers (7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm) - 40%

Saturday - 16 degrees and a passing shower or 2 (10am) - 40%

Sunday - 16 degrees and variable clouds and a shower - (10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm) - 40%

To be honest it just looks like normal Cumbrian weather. No heavy showers forecast (so far)

16 minutes ago, dannyfletcher said:

Latest weather update from Hackthorpe (closest i can find to festival site)

Thursday - 15 degrees and spotty showers (10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm) -50% chance

Friday - 16 degrees and a couple of showers (7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm) - 40%

Saturday - 16 degrees and a passing shower or 2 (10am) - 40%

Sunday - 16 degrees and variable clouds and a shower - (10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm) - 40%

To be honest it just looks like normal Cumbrian weather. No heavy showers forecast (so far)

Could be worse. At least if it's just showers plenty of tents/real ale bars to nip into.

For those panicking that Hurricane Frank will try to ruin the festival again please remember that it was bloody cold in 2014 so even when the sun came out you didn't exactly dry off. We're going to be ok. If not then sharpen those flagpoles & sound your official kendal calling brass horn cos we be hunting Turner.

How badly does the site churn up if it does get a fair bit of rain? My frame of reference here is Glastonbury, which can be biblical.  But at something like 15% of the footfall of Glasto I'd expect it to stand up a bit better?  Please someone say yes it does.....

3 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

How badly does the site churn up if it does get a fair bit of rain? My frame of reference here is Glastonbury, which can be biblical.  But at something like 15% of the footfall of Glasto I'd expect it to stand up a bit better?  Please someone say yes it does.....

Badly. 

They need to drain those Lake things :-)

Areas of the site can't handle heavy rain and footfall.

Its like that and that's the way it is.

10 hours ago, Peanutsinger said:

Fingers crossed. 

I guess the biggest positive is the level of rain forecast has eased off with every new day's forecast. 

I'm still hopeful of decent conditions.

Came on to say this ^^^^

Late last week tomorrow was to be a monsoon all day. Now it could be dry and warm in the afternoon.

Sunday was also predicted as a washout a couple of days ago now it's 50/50 for light showers.

Still all to play for.