2017 Weather thread

LOCHLAND5

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly i'm a little obsessed with checking the weather forecast at the minute, mainly due to the fact 2014 was my last kendal calling and the rain definately put a dampener on the weekend for me (mainly due to festival inexperience and not packing the right stuff). However, according to accuweather the whole weekend is due to be dry (as it stands) but a week of rain beforehand. Reckon i'm right in thinking this may make for a bit of mud but nothing too bad which will be a result!

4 hours ago, seano1988 said:

Admittedly i'm a little obsessed with checking the weather forecast at the minute, mainly due to the fact 2014 was my last kendal calling and the rain definately put a dampener on the weekend for me (mainly due to festival inexperience and not packing the right stuff). However, according to accuweather the whole weekend is due to be dry (as it stands) but a week of rain beforehand. Reckon i'm right in thinking this may make for a bit of mud but nothing too bad which will be a result!

I'm never confident until the Sunday/Monday before (&even then!) but must confess this ain't looking woeful (despite the Sunday SUB-headliner). Already made the 'no Wellie' decision though! 

4 hours ago, seano1988 said:

As long as the ground has a chance to soak all the rain up before people start to arrive. If the grounds wet when people start to walk on it then it won't take much for the mud to appear. 2014 was grim for us in the accessible field, had to get the car and caravan towed out on Monday morning !

5 hours ago, bottonrob said:

I'm never confident until the Sunday/Monday before (&even then!) but must confess this ain't looking woeful (despite the Sunday SUB-headliner). Already made the 'no Wellie' decision though! 

For me, first rule of KC : Always bring the wellies.

Hope you're right though :-)

1 hour ago, Coopertrooper said:

This will be the first festival I have taken my kids to (8 and 10). I hope these predictions are wrong or it's going to be one long weekend! Tried to not look at the forecast up to now but I take nothing for granted until the day before.

Hiya I have 2 kids the same age and been to a few wet festivals with them. My advice is bring more clothes than you need. An oversized kids poncho,decent comfy Wellys  with welly socks ( my son got sore legs with the top of the boots rubbing his skin) Also hats and gloves as they get cold later on watching the main stage bands.

My 2 had a great time playing in the mud lol. We also spent time in the tents watching bands we wouldn't normally see.

playing cards and pens/puzzle books are handy for the tent.

They will have a great time

ps I'm getting my first child free festival this year and canny wait... will be good to see what happens after dark haha