2017 Weather thread

LOCHLAND5

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great weekend, worked Friday and watched the rain come down on Friday from my office window laughing. Got up Saturday took dog for a walk down the road to lowther caravan park , had a nice lunch in the Beehive then home bit of a chill then out for drinks and a meal in Penrith it rained all day lol ! Had a lie in Sunday morning I think it rained all night lol ! Chilled at home then blagged my way in on Sunday just to laugh at the carnage and oh my what carnage it was lol ! Hung around for a couple of hours ! Great weekend.

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Saturn5 said:

I am obsessed with the weather and will be visiting this link regularly! I can't believe how lucky we were last year. My friend still has mental scars from 2014!! 

Last year, as a reminder ....

IMG_0133.PNG

Aye, same as last year will be perfect :-)

It has to be full sunshine for the beach boy !

5 hours ago, bottonrob said:

Here is a picture of the last time Frank Turner headlined although I have photoshopped a few extra revellers in to pad out the 'crowd'

Image result for monsoon weather crowd

:lol:

The Saturday, we walked from the family camping to the arena to catch the Happy Mondays. I swear my can was full of water by the time we got there. The Mrs had only just arrived on site and was far from impressed as I`d told her it was starting to clear up that lunchtime :ph34r:

Horrendous scenes that year. I think the Mondays were on a couple before Frank. If it rains like that this year, he`s getting the blame !

9 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Horrendous scenes that year. I think the Mondays were on a couple before Frank. If it rains like that this year, he`s getting the blame !

I'm with you there mate, let's blame frank if the weather goes tits up 

As much as a mud bath 2014 was, we managed to keep our tent and belongings dry and still had a cracking time. Practically lived in the Glo tent and House party though ! Others I noticed were not so lucky ! I remember 3 guys turning up late on the Friday and pitching their one skin tent in a puddle, they were gone by Saturday afternoon haha. If it is gonna pour down, lets hope it washes Frank Turner and the Manics off the stage ;-)

I also had a great time in 2014 despite the weather, kept ourselves dry under heavy duty ponchos and spent a lot of time in Tim Peaks, House Party, Riot Jazz and Chai Wallahs enjoying bands i might not of normally watched. 

Going off the general opinion on here i may be the only person there who actually enjoyed Frank Turner.

I really enjoyed myself in 2014, id convinced myself the forecasts would be wrong and we'd have decent weather, so decided to bring only shorts, t-shirts and sandals with me to wear  

I got it slightly wrong and did get wet an muddy but the sandals lasted really well considering and didn't break until sunday evening so I wasn't barefooted for too long

whatever the weather throws at me i'm going to have a good time. hopefully it stays sunny though

On 12/04/2017 at 11:08 AM, thurlow84 said:

I really enjoyed myself in 2014, id convinced myself the forecasts would be wrong and we'd have decent weather, so decided to bring only shorts, t-shirts and sandals with me to wear  

I got it slightly wrong and did get wet an muddy but the sandals lasted really well considering and didn't break until sunday evening so I wasn't barefooted for too long

whatever the weather throws at me i'm going to have a good time. hopefully it stays sunny though

Aye I remember reading the forecasts on here about flood warnings and thinking .....nah won't happen. Was a shocker, more of a survival test for us.

Ive seen hail stones at a festival up here but KC 2014 was the worst I've seen.

Fair play to the organisers for keeping it going. They opened a back road to let us walk in from family avoiding the rivers between there and the general camping and let us out the side way to avoid attempting the mud slide normal way out. Most of our neighbours had left by Saturday night !

I think how you reacted to 2014 depended on your circumstances, I had years at glastonbury where the rain and mud were horrendous, but being with the lads it was fine and didn't stop us enjoying ourselves loads.

In contrast the 2014 kendal monsoon was a nightmare because we went as a family with a 1 year old who needs a pushchair and my wife with walking difficulties, they didn't even leave the caravan 1 day because the idea of getting around was so bad.

I don't mind the odd shower, no torrential rain this year though...please !

I'd always wanted to do a muddy, rainy festival just for the experience. To be fair, as a one-off, I bloody loved 2014 for that. Having had it once and ticked the box, I never want to do it again.

Last year was great but I'm going to be greedy this year and ask for record high temperatures* all weekend.

*For Penrith, that means in excess of 14 degrees C.

5 hours ago, RossendaleR said:

I'd always wanted to do a muddy, rainy festival just for the experience. To be fair, as a one-off, I bloody loved 2014 for that. Having had it once and ticked the box, I never want to do it again.

Last year was great but I'm going to be greedy this year and ask for record high temperatures* all weekend.

*For Penrith, that means in excess of 14 degrees C.

Would be happy with anything like last year. Was really cold at night if I remember but happy with that if it's dry :-)