Technology and Brand Experience Survey. Dissertation Research.

Lewis95

Hi,

I am an Event Management student at Leeds Beckett University and currently doing my final year dissertation, focusing on how technology in events can improve the experience and relationship between attendees and brands. I would really appreciate it if you could spare no more than 10 minutes of your time to fill this out in order to help my research. I appreciate this is not wholly festival focussed however I am looking to get responses from a range of event attendees including those from festivals.

Survey link: https://goo.gl/forms/KeCVX1XeaWHkaS4n1

I will keep an eye on this topic over the next two weeks or so in case there are any issues and I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the study or the survey.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and help.

Kind Regards,

Lewis

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Done but felt like I was answering the same questions over and over. Sorry I got a bit sweary.

Gamification for fuck's sake.

Thank you for filling it in. Apologies for the repetition, I am just trying to get a feel for peoples thoughts on the technologies included and for the ease of research, consistency seemed to be the easiest option. The 'please explains' were a recommendation from my supervisor in order to try and get as much info as possible. PS. loved the Jamiroquai comment.

I have no idea what most of the things you talk about in that survey actually are,  let alone how they would improve or enhance my experience.  But you're talking to someone who is quite happy if their mobile phone runs out of power on the first day of a festival 

21 minutes ago, bexj said:

I have no idea what most of the things you talk about in that survey actually are,  let alone how they would improve or enhance my experience.  But you're talking to someone who is quite happy if their mobile phone runs out of power on the first day of a festival 

Thats still a great response to have in the mix for my research so thank you very much for taking the time to fill it out for me, it is very much appreciated! I imagine there are many people who share your sentiment for being unconnected to the world whilst enjoying your festival :)

Done. Here's some pointers:

• How many events did you attend? -> you should clarify what you classify as an event beforehand. When you come to a music festival forum with a questionnaire I instantly assume it's on the topic of music events. Given that it's a subset, make sure you're accounting for selection bias.
  • For the social media section, why not have a question at the beginning: "did you use social media at any of these events?" so people can skip the tedium (it'll be a recurring pattern from the clientele here, I reckon). For instance, "I don't use social media at events." is an answer I gave... a lot.
  • "How would you like to see social media used..." should have an option "None" if you're wholly okay with how things are now.
  • Okay, now VR? VR at a music festival? At a sporting event? Seriously, you're going to have some horrible selection effects. I think it might be a good idea for you to learn a lot about statistics for this project. "Do you expect to see VR at events?" What events? At a football match? What do you think? You've lumped music festivals with technology shows for crying out loud.
  • Mobile Applications: you need an option for "Did you use the mobile applications?" It's also probably a good idea to ask the participants to tell you which events did have an application, and which ones they used them at. Again, it makes the latter questions redundant half of the time. Then you can easily parse and say things like "Of those surveyed, those that did use applications found that..." or what have you.

You might want to show your supervisor some of these comments, btw.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Done but I agree with previous comments. Nothing wrong with "explain your answer" but one per section would have sufficed as the explanation for the 1st answer on each page was the same for all subsequent ones.

Thank you for your feedback. First time I've done a research project like this so i'm happy people are willing to give comments so I can improve.

57 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Done. Here's some pointers:

• How many events did you attend? -> you should clarify what you classify as an event beforehand. When you come to a music festival forum with a questionnaire I instantly assume it's on the topic of music events. Given that it's a subset, make sure you're accounting for selection bias.
  • For the social media section, why not have a question at the beginning: "did you use social media at any of these events?" so people can skip the tedium (it'll be a recurring pattern from the clientele here, I reckon). For instance, "I don't use social media at events." is an answer I gave... a lot.
  • "How would you like to see social media used..." should have an option "None" if you're wholly okay with how things are now.
  • Okay, now VR? VR at a music festival? At a sporting event? Seriously, you're going to have some horrible selection effects. I think it might be a good idea for you to learn a lot about statistics for this project. "Do you expect to see VR at events?" What events? At a football match? What do you think? You've lumped music festivals with technology shows for crying out loud.
  • Mobile Applications: you need an option for "Did you use the mobile applications?" It's also probably a good idea to ask the participants to tell you which events did have an application, and which ones they used them at. Again, it makes the latter questions redundant half of the time. Then you can easily parse and say things like "Of those surveyed, those that did use applications found that..." or what have you.

You might want to show your supervisor some of these comments, btw.

All really great points. As i've just said to someone else here, this is my first research project and not perfect by any means so I really appreciate people taking the time, not only to fill it in but to give me some feedback. Thank you and I will take all of this on board and share these with my supervisor.

12 minutes ago, Lewis95 said:

All really great points. As i've just said to someone else here, this is my first research project and not perfect by any means so I really appreciate people taking the time, not only to fill it in but to give me some feedback. Thank you and I will take all of this on board and share these with my supervisor.

No problem. All the best with it. 

I work in sport/music sposnorship and activation, so I would be interested to hear whatever thoughts you had following your dissertaiton. I'll give it a fill in now, but hope all goes well.

*Having done the questionnaire:

- I would have a think about questioning. When discussing the event and brands, these are two seperate things that will engage with people completely differently.

- I would echo other people's comments for including an "i didn't use social media at the event" option.

- I approach sports events very differently to music events, so I found it hard to answer some questions.

Edited by fat_man_joe

2 hours ago, fat_man_joe said:

I work in sport/music sposnorship and activation, so I would be interested to hear whatever thoughts you had following your dissertaiton. I'll give it a fill in now, but hope all goes well.

*Having done the questionnaire:

- I would have a think about questioning. When discussing the event and brands, these are two seperate things that will engage with people completely differently.

- I would echo other people's comments for including an "i didn't use social media at the event" option.

- I approach sports events very differently to music events, so I found it hard to answer some questions.

Thank you for taking the time to fill it in and for the constructive feedback. It is all taken on board and very useful, much appreciated! Experiential activations are a big interest of mine in the industry and where I hope to end up :) Lewis

Edited by Lewis95