Love Fields pitch your own

Jules62

3 hours ago, oneeye said:

We used Love Fields last year; you can use your camping stove etc...

I would say it's good for car being close, dedicated space (lots of it) and clean wash facilities; you are paying for convenience.

However, you do suffer sound bleed from the festival below, in fact it's quieter inside the fence at ground level.

The £400 they charge to 'pitch your own' you could dine out very well on camped inside the fence; you wouldn't need your stove.

It was OK, and we would have gone back this year but can't justify the cost. (£100 price hike is taking the piss Owen if you're reading this).

Thanks for this, we've stayed at WV for the past few years and you could hear all sides of the festival - we're staying there for the convenience so the noise is not something that bothers me to be honest.  But I do tend to wake up early when I'm in a tent so wanted to be able to make an early morning cuppa!

J

3 minutes ago, Jules62 said:

Thanks for this, we've stayed at WV for the past few years and you could hear all sides of the festival - we're staying there for the convenience so the noise is not something that bothers me to be honest.  But I do tend to wake up early when I'm in a tent so wanted to be able to make an early morning cuppa!

J

You'll be fine; it is pretty good to be honest, just too pricey for me 

• 3 months later...
On 7/5/2017 at 6:53 AM, SloopJohnB said:

It's not cheap! Around £600

ive found out it was £400 for a pitch your own tent

pricey, but I am having to really think about it as this year i nearly died coming in, in that heat and queues.  

I will look in to it closer the time

Being able to camp next to your car and the extra non essentials which you would be able to bring would be a big plus IMO. Solar shower, proper camping bed etc...

But not for £400.

I'm surprised that the festival haven't clocked this themselves and allocated a field for it, which they could of course charge extra for.

£100 for car and tent? I'm in.

On 17/02/2017 at 8:34 PM, Jules62 said:

I  can't speak for anyone else but for me there's a number of things, the closeness of the car park and not having to turn up and find a pitch probably being high on the list.  I've camped in the main bit.. So have done my duty so to speak.  For me it's never been about showers etc.  As a group we've always arrived at different times so have been in WV for the last few years, but to be honest, last year was a huge slog.  The tent was not good.. Be warned anyone who has got the 8 person tent, there's no ground sheet! We spend most of our time at the Caberet & Theatre side so decided to give Love Fields a go, our pitch is designated and a 5 minute walk from car park... Price wise it's not really worked out any dearer than WV, so we don't feel as though we've lost out and to be honest I did feel ripped off by WV last year. The tent between us all is a minimal cost and will be used again.. In fact it's off to Blue Dot not long after.

J

I just chased that bloody fly around my screen like an idiot, then started to convince myself it was inside my screen before realising I was an idiot.