Love Fields pitch your own

Jules62

On 14/02/2017 at 0:34 PM, Stretlow said:

There is, but there's not much too it.. better to just get a move on and get through the gate imo

agree with this as there's the Theatre bar next to the gate you go through (which has great beer selection) and Cockatoo at the bottom which has amazing cocktails

Come thru gate c, move forward approx 100 yards, in front of you is a row of food stalls, and on the leftmost of this row is the Theatre bar B) now proceed towards said bar, and if you see a tall, slightly gormless bloke who answers to the name of either Balti-pie or perhaps Jamie - either is equally relevant - then mine's a pint of Grimbergen, ta 

Edited by balti-pie

I kind of get why you might use a pre-pitched off site camping option, not for me but understand why it might suit some folk, but I really don't get why you would pay extra to camp off site and still have to bring your own camping stuff... not being rude or judgemental,  but why? 

I  can't speak for anyone else but for me there's a number of things, the closeness of the car park and not having to turn up and find a pitch probably being high on the list.  I've camped in the main bit.. So have done my duty so to speak.  For me it's never been about showers etc.  As a group we've always arrived at different times so have been in WV for the last few years, but to be honest, last year was a huge slog.  The tent was not good.. Be warned anyone who has got the 8 person tent, there's no ground sheet! We spend most of our time at the Caberet & Theatre side so decided to give Love Fields a go, our pitch is designated and a 5 minute walk from car park... Price wise it's not really worked out any dearer than WV, so we don't feel as though we've lost out and to be honest I did feel ripped off by WV last year. The tent between us all is a minimal cost and will be used again.. In fact it's off to Blue Dot not long after.

J

20 hours ago, bexj said:

I kind of get why you might use a pre-pitched off site camping option, not for me but understand why it might suit some folk, but I really don't get why you would pay extra to camp off site and still have to bring your own camping stuff... not being rude or judgemental,  but why? 

I think this has been had out before to the frustration of some purists which i completely understand.

I like my car being within pissing distance of my tent. Access to a clean toilet and a shower. 

Plus it helps the 6 days straight drinking being able to have an hour just doing this in peace

https://goo.gl/photos/6b3YRuL4f768QyGf9

Edited by Stretlow

Sorry to go slightly off topic but was curious to know what folks think of the pre-pitched camping? What is it like? Would you recommend? What's the vibe like? Just asking as its something I have considered last year or so and might go for it next time round,really like the idea of not having to bring so much and a bit more comfort. Always been a camper in main site so not much knowledge apart from what read on tinternet but what real people's opinions not sales pitch. Did consider campvan few years ago till I visited a friends and there's no way I'm doing that hill again so pre-erected seems a good idea. Cheers in advance

We've booked to stay at Love Fields this year (pitch your own) 

This is my 6th Glastonbury, usually stay onsite but last year we tried WV. It was OK, had a 2 man scout tent which was spacious enough. The hill is manageable (heard plenty of horror stories about it)

Opted for Love Fields this year due to mobility issues and being able to park close by. Really looking forward to it. 

34 minutes ago, MrsG&T said:

We've booked to stay at Love Fields this year (pitch your own) 

This is my 6th Glastonbury, usually stay onsite but last year we tried WV. It was OK, had a 2 man scout tent which was spacious enough. The hill is manageable (heard plenty of horror stories about it)

Opted for Love Fields this year due to mobility issues and being able to park close by. Really looking forward to it. 

Honestly it will be perfect for you.. theres a small hill after come out of gate C but its not too bad. Although I did find a couple of parents absolutely dejected at the bottom of it with a trailer with two sleeping kids under a canopy on the Sunday after Coldplay. Five days of mud had beaten them..

Of course in the true spirit we got stuck in and helped B)

Edited by Stretlow

11 hours ago, MrsG&T said:

Great to hear. Does the field fill up quickly? We're aiming to getting the site fairly early, around 11 (think that's when they open Love Fields) What are the showers like?

There's more than enough room. Check my pic in the link above, i think that was Saturday morning.

We got in Tuesday about 12 but few of our friends didn't come until Thursday night and it was fine

The showers are fine, the floor gets a bit muddy with everyone coming in and out but them and the toilets are cleaned every few hours.

15 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

There's more than enough room. Check my pic in the link above, i think that was Saturday morning.

We got in Tuesday about 12 but few of our friends didn't come until Thursday night and it was fine

The showers are fine, the floor gets a bit muddy with everyone coming in and out but them and the toilets are cleaned every few hours.

Does it open on Tuesday then? I'ts our first time there as well and we're really looking forward to it!  The photo is fab, do you have any more?

Thanks J

Edited by Jules62

1 minute ago, Jules62 said:

Does it open on Tuesday then? I'ts our first time there as well and we're really looking forward to it!  The photo is fab, do you have any more?

Thanks J

Sorry me bad, Wednesday. We come down Tuesday and stay local.

Only a couple from 2015 unfortunately.  Look at the glorious sunshine!!!

https://goo.gl/photos/H2t7EDpHqw9nHfRF8

8 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Sorry me bad, Wednesday. We come down Tuesday and stay local.

Only a couple from 2015 unfortunately.  Look at the glorious sunshine!!!

https://goo.gl/photos/H2t7EDpHqw9nHfRF8

Thanks so much for these! we've been looking everywhere for some photo's to try and see how its set up and the actual distances to the gate, its so these are so helpful.  Are cars parked next to pitches as well?  We'll be arriving in 2 so I'm assuming 1 could go next to the pitch and the other in a car park area?  Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm excited now!

Thanks J

Edited by Jules62

no they changed it last year, where those photos are is where they put the camper vans hence my first photo being further down the field.

There were more people on there last year but there was still acres of space. From that second photo to the gate is literally five minutes.

They also fence off the car park but its in the same field we were a bit lucky the first year as we plonked it next to our tent and I think we missed people when they come to ask us to move it... 

You'll have to park them in the car park, if its not muddy ( its not going to be) then i don't think they have a problem with you getting your gear out next to your tent then moving your car back but they had to be sensible last year because of the state of the mud so cars were a no-no

They were brilliant though, we left Sunday night about midnight (mate driving not me) they had an army of people pushing cars out. I cant fault them. Which is why we're taking 13 of us on there this year!!

Ask what you want, im getting excited too....

Edited by Stretlow

26 minutes ago, Jules62 said:

I must admit they do come across as really helpful in our email exchanges, so its good to have that confirmed, although I'm hoping it's not gown too much this year!  We normally take a camping stove, is this okay - its a bit unclear on the FAQ.  

Thanks J

I'm not sure. We only use it as a base, if i'm up and not in the shower we're inside the fence..The foods too good B)

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2017 at 10:58 AM, Jules62 said:

I must admit they do come across as really helpful in our email exchanges, so its good to have that confirmed, although I'm hoping it's not gown too much this year!  We normally take a camping stove, is this okay - its a bit unclear on the FAQ.  

Thanks J

We used Love Fields last year; you can use your camping stove etc...

I would say it's good for car being close, dedicated space (lots of it) and clean wash facilities; you are paying for convenience.

However, you do suffer sound bleed from the festival below, in fact it's quieter inside the fence at ground level.

The £400 they charge to 'pitch your own' you could dine out very well on camped inside the fence; you wouldn't need your stove.

It was OK, and we would have gone back this year but can't justify the cost. (£100 price hike is taking the piss Owen if you're reading this).