HOME Festival 2017

Diocane

Italian festival occurring in Treviso (near Venice) from august 30 to september 3  2017.

Maybe some non-italians of you also know it 'cause it's related to Sziget, they're twinned in some way. Last year's lineup included The Prodigy, Editors, Pendulum dj set, 2 Cellos, Martin Garrix, Enter Shikari, Eagles of Death Metal, 2 many djs, and lot of italian artists.

at the moment the price for 5 days pack it's 40euros

In the next weeks they will start announcing this year's lineup, but I already know from reliable source that first headliner is JUSTICE

Edited by Diocane

One hour driving from home and I've never been there because every year during the festival I'm away for work.

What a shame.

ps: I heard some negative reviews of 2016 edition but they all come from people that aren't "festival addicted".

14 minutes ago, clasher said:

(still, never hear of that before, which is a shame, especially given the last year's lineup...)

Last year besides the well known international bands there were great italian acts i.e. Yakamoto Kotzuga, Godblesscomputers and Iosonouncane (who plays Primavera Sound this year). 

• 3 weeks later...

First headliner announced, Moderat on Thursday.

I've talked with some people from the city where the festival take place and all of them are sure about Justice. Let's wait.

Edited by alan_ts

• 1 month later...

Names announced so far: 

August 31:  Moderat, Soulwax, Frank Carter and The Rattlesnake, The Horrors

September 1:  Justice, Liam Gallagher, Andy C, Booka Shade, Samuel (ita)

September 2:   Kungs, J-ax & Fedez (ita)

September 3:   Mannarino (ita), Le Luci della Centrale Elettrica (ita), Levante (ita)

Two names to be announced tomorrow and many more to come.

Daily 25 euros

Festival Pass 90 euros

Very good Italian arena band in my opinion.

How can you say the lineup is a disaster when Thursday and Friday have some super strong names (for a festival of that dimension) and for Saturday and Sunday they just started announcing some undercard names and no international act yet?

27 minutes ago, Diocane said:

Very good Italian arena band in my opinion.

How can you say the lineup is a disaster when Thursday and Friday have some super strong names (for a festival of that dimension) and for Saturday and Sunday they just started announcing some undercard names and no international act yet?

Thur and Fri have a solid lineup that fits perfectly for my tastes.

Saturday has the worst possible headliner (and looking to your nickname I think you know Italy and you must know J-Ax and Fedez). The undercard could not improve the day imo.

Sunday has mediocre italian bands that could be ok for some medium size club.

Considering that I'll not be able to attend the Thursday and maybe Friday, for me it's a disaster.

edit: i've just discovered who Kungs are...Saturday is worse than the apocalypse with these headliners.

Edited by alan_ts

+ Jasmine Thompson on Saturday

Whenever my girlfriend uses my spotify I find this Jasmine...(she also likes Robbie Williams, Bastille, Ed Sheeran and Italian Dance music of the '90) 

Always better this Saturday :D:D 

Average age will be 14/15 and the parents waiting outside.

17 hours ago, alan_ts said:

Thur and Fri have a solid lineup that fits perfectly for my tastes.

Saturday has the worst possible headliner (and looking to your nickname I think you know Italy and you must know J-Ax and Fedez). The undercard could not improve the day imo.

Sunday has mediocre italian bands that could be ok for some medium size club.

Considering that I'll not be able to attend the Thursday and maybe Friday, for me it's a disaster.

edit: i've just discovered who Kungs are...Saturday is worse than the apocalypse with these headliners.

- It's not the festival's fault if they have 2 days you like very much but you can't attend. Just be objective, don't be childish

- No one ever said Fedez & J-ax are saturday healiners. They are not, for sure, as saturday always have some teenage pop/hip-hop italian names in the afternoon and then an international headliner. (2014 Salmo+Nitro into The Bloody Beetroots,  2015 Marracash into Paul Kalkbrenner, 2016 Fabri Fibra+Salmo into Martin Garrix)

-Mannarino and Thegiornalisti play big clubs, arenas and headline festivals in Italy, they are big thing now and still growing. They're both another typical booking of Home Festival for sunday afternoon/evening (like last year were Vinicio Caposella and Max Gazzè). And this year for sure there will be an international headliner after them, like 2Cellos last year. 

Don't be just another hater of the internet, there's a lot of artists to be announced yet, stages ecc...

31 minutes ago, Diocane said:

- It's not the festival's fault if they have 2 days you like very much but you can't attend. Just be objective, don't be childish

- No one ever said Fedez & J-ax are saturday healiners. They are not, for sure, as saturday always have some teenage pop/hip-hop italian names in the afternoon and then an international headliner. (2014 Salmo+Nitro into The Bloody Beetroots,  2015 Marracash into Paul Kalkbrenner, 2016 Fabri Fibra+Salmo into Martin Garrix)

-Mannarino and Thegiornalisti play big clubs, arenas and headline festivals in Italy, they are big thing now and still growing. They're both another typical booking of Home Festival for sunday afternoon/evening (like last year were Vinicio Caposella and Max Gazzè). And this year for sure there will be an international headliner after them, like 2Cellos last year. 

Don't be just another hater of the internet, there's a lot of artists to be announced yet, stages ecc...

Sorry I don't want to seem a hater nor a child..

The fact I can't attend the 2 good days is a problem of mine obviously.

But the Saturday is awful; all the names you mentioned about last years (pk, garrix, salmo..) have a quality status surely higher than this year Saturday lineup (so far).

Regarding Sunday, Caposella Gazzè and 2cellos are more into an international festival than Mannarino or Thegiornalisti (that could be a good name for the undercard).

Anyway sorry, I didn't want to be childish but only the name of J-Ax and Fedez make me bad :) 

edit: on the contrary even if I'll not be there I'm very happy of Justice Soulwax Moderat etc near my city 

edit2: maybe it's a stupid discourse but try to understand me: I'm italian and I know italian people, and because of that is more than 10 years that I go outside Italy for festivals and parties. Booking all these radio artists like J-Ax, Fedez etc they attract an audience that don't care at all about the other artists playing at the festival and overall the fact Home is a festival. I don't know if you're italian but surely you know how italians behave in this occasions. A non mainstream lineup could be better for the atmosphere (and quality).

I'm not a snob, I hope you understand me. :) 

Edited by alan_ts

3 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

Hi I have a question. I'm a big Frank Carter fan and desperate to see him on this tour. Treviso is as close as he's getting to me so was wondering how long a slot they are likely to give him? Thx.

No idea but I think he could play on third (or maybe second) stage on a high slot.

This is 2016 timetable, but since we don't have the complete lineup we don't know.

IMG_1430.JPG

Edited by alan_ts