Bar Help

McCor

I'm awful at remembering the names of bars I go to over the weekend, which proves they serve their purpose!

is there a map anywhere with the names tagged? In particular, last year I was in one in between Beat Cafe & Pyramid. (Beat Cafe on my right, keep walking, turn right, and it's just on the left)

There used to be but at that time there was one main Operator and now there is many - there is one giant map that GFL has but they keep that one well hidden and I have never seen a online version - there is various sites that come and go but many use the old name { as bars do get renamed and sometimes for various reasons they move to a new location } - under the licence they have listed 90+ bars { although not all of them are public } and its a major job to locate them all - Glastomap was a very good attempt but GFL asked them to take it down 11/10/2016 

now if you mean the Beat Hotel and walking to the Pyramid and turn right onto that path the first bar you come to on the left is called ' The Common Room ' but its not on the corner.

Edited by glasto-worker

48 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

There used to be but at that time there was one main Operator and now there is many - there is one giant map that GFL has but they keep that one well hidden and I have never seen a online version - there is various sites that come and go but many use the old name { as bars do get renamed and sometimes for various reasons they move to a new location } - under the licence they have listed 90+ bars { although not all of them are public } and its a major job to locate them all - Glastomap was a very good attempt but GFL asked them to take it down 11/10/2016 

now if you mean the Beat Hotel and walking to the Pyramid and turn right onto that path the first bar you come to on the left is called ' The Common Room ' but its not on the corner.

I thought Glastomap.com was just asked to roll back from their latest update so is still there but just with an old version?

It's DNS servers clash with what I am on at the moment so I cannot test the theory!!??

16 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I thought Glastomap.com was just asked to roll back from their latest update so is still there but just with an old version?

It's DNS servers clash with what I am on at the moment so I cannot test the theory!!??

all you will see is a single page 

'11/10/2016 - Glastonbury Festival have withdrawn permission to use the aerial pic of the festival.

Thanks for all the kind messages from people who enjoyed taking in the view and sharing locations on the map. There have been over 100,000 of you drop by over the last few years.

It's been fun!

-------

so while it is possble to see their old maps - you cant via their site.

5 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

'11/10/2016 - Glastonbury Festival have withdrawn permission to use the aerial pic of the festival.

Thanks for all the kind messages from people who enjoyed taking in the view and sharing locations on the map. There have been over 100,000 of you drop by over the last few years.

It's been fun!

-------

Bugger - I loved that site.

:(

4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Bugger - I loved that site.

:(

yes I know - they had a handy feature where you could ' place your own marker '

if some on my team were driving I used to make up a marker to show them where the crew car park was so they knew how they were able to exit it and get though the crew gate.

4 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

It's been fun!

-------

On a similar note, when's the bloomin' webcam going to be operational again? 

It gets me through spring!

:)

Ben

11 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Yeah that must be the one, walk in and bar is on the left hand side? Got pretty wrecked in there last year....

17 hours ago, McCor said:

I'm awful at remembering the names of bars I go to over the weekend, which proves they serve their purpose!

is there a map anywhere with the names tagged? In particular, last year I was in one in between Beat Cafe & Pyramid. (Beat Cafe on my right, keep walking, turn right, and it's just on the left)

The new bar out side the JP stage  ???  Or if it's slightly up a hill it'll be the Mandela bar.. 

Can't find a pic of JP bar 

18808043710_308d37478f_b.jpg

Edited by guypjfreak

17 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

LOL grass!! all the pictures I had of last year was the gauntlet of treacle to get to that bar....:lol:

Lol I've been for years but can't remember that bar.... I usually end up in the B&Rs although this year I'm going to change the old son meeting place to the solstice bar or the JPstage bar cos that was great..... 

I liked the bar in the woods but it was a tad on the busy side for me... 

I'll have to check out your pub now tho 

19 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Lol I've been for years but can't remember that bar.... I usually end up in the B&Rs although this year I'm going to change the old son meeting place to the solstice bar or the JPstage bar cos that was great..... 

I liked the bar in the woods but it was a tad on the busy side for me... 

I'll have to check out your pub now tho 

It was the 1st time I went to it last year, it was okay as big beer garden area to the side with tables and stuff which is good if you have grabbed some food nearby

Personal favs are Cornish arms, theatre bar and the acoustic just given the different booze they sell..