Another Eavis Q&A

Brave Sir Robin

it's easy to forget with some of the big commercial choices made recently, but left to his own devices, he's got phenomenal taste in music. Who does he mention in that article? Grateful Dead and John Martyn. That's as good as it gets.

3 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

i wonder what year it was that the Dead's team were "walking around" the pyramid...was it in possible preparation for '95? that was the year I thought ME had always said they were trying to get them.

he mentions the tin stage there, didn't that burn down in 94? It's not a very accurate description though, there's been a lot of 'tin'

34 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

i wonder what year it was that the Dead's team were "walking around" the pyramid...was it in possible preparation for '95? that was the year I thought ME had always said they were trying to get them.

I know they played over here in 1981 & 1990, perhaps they visited one of those years?

11 hours ago, Mardy said:

it's easy to forget with some of the big commercial choices made recently, but left to his own devices, he's got phenomenal taste in music. Who does he mention in that article? Grateful Dead and John Martyn. That's as good as it gets.

Also a Coldplay fan

1. ‘Pee Wee Hunt’ – 12th Street Rag14607917_10154245475734475_625270951_n
  2. ‘When I was Seventeen’ – Frank Sinatra
  3. ‘Question’ – The Moody Blues
  4. ‘Lola’ – Kinks
  5. ‘Children of the Revolution’ – T Rex
  6. ‘Always On My Mind’ – Willie Nelson
  7. ‘Hey Boy, Hey Girl’ – Chemical Brothers
  8. ‘Moving on Up’ – Primal Scream
  9. ‘Madame George’ – Van Morrison
  10. ‘Fix You’ – Coldplay
  11. ‘My Way’ – Frank Sinatra

http://sryp.org.uk/wordpress/michael-eavis-glastonbury/

its a very difficult question and even although I was at Glastonbury Fayre in 1979 I was surprised he picked that year.

I would be hard pushed to pick a ' best year '

I would pick a few years although the order would be very diffcult to place.

sure the early ' 3 day events ' were diffrent to what its like now.

and if I had a time machine - I would go back to the way it was in the early 80's

sure far smaller but that was far better as I really find it too large now. 

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, BlackHole2006 said:

Him saying his favourite year was 1979 is a nice surprise. Expected him to say something like 1995 or 2010

He's right. 1979 will always be my best memory  - apart from the bit when I was caught taking a dump behind a hedge  in broad daylight by a couple of teenage girls. Not god at all!!

2 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

He's right. 1979 will always be my best memory  - apart from the bit when I was caught taking a dump behind a hedge  in broad daylight by a couple of teenage girls. Not god at all!!

This made me laugh far more than it should have done.