Calling all Glastonbury attendees!! DISSERTATION HELP! Festival Technology Survey.

Ross1992

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ross and I am currently studying Events Management at Leeds Beckett University.

I am currently in the depths of my dissertation which is titled "The Growth of Integrated Technology and its Effects on Audience Experiences at UK Music Festivals". The study is looking specifically into the growth of RFID technology and Mobile Apps and how they are changing (for good or bad) the audience experience and consumer behaviour at festivals in the UK.

I am currently sending a survey out to anyone who has attended a festival, regardless of when or where you attended. I would really appreciate it if you could take 5 minutes out of your time to help me out and hopefully provide some significant data that I could bring forward into my work. 

If you require any more information or would just like to discuss the topic in general, please give me a shout. 

Thank you very much in advance for your time! 

Ross

LINK TO SURVEY https://kwiksurveys.com/s/nDtgnf9q

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! 

Yes I will be on the forum every day for the next couple of weeks to answer anything you may need to ask. Hopefully the survey itself is explanatory but I am more than happy to help. I am interest to drum up a general conversation about the technology at festivals too and really understand your opinions. 

Thanks 

Ross

Just now, Ross1992 said:

Hi! 

Yes I will be on the forum every day for the next couple of weeks to answer anything you may need to ask. Hopefully the survey itself is explanatory but I am more than happy to help. I am interest to drum up a general conversation about the technology at festivals too and really understand your opinions. 

Thanks 

Ross

Excellent stuff, most people drop the link and never come back.  I'll take a look now :)

23 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Some feedback

• Since Glastonbury is an unusually long festival, the total spending money ranges are a little low.
  • I'm not sure of the difference between How useful did you find the Mobile App? and Please rate your experience of using your Mobile App.

you love to question a questionnaire don't you , but i do agree with your question

38 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Some feedback

• Since Glastonbury is an unusually long festival, the total spending money ranges are a little low.
  • I'm not sure of the difference between How useful did you find the Mobile App? and Please rate your experience of using your Mobile App.

All noted Stuart! Thank you very much for your feedback :) Will try and make changes as and where I can. 

Thanks again! 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I remember doing my dissertation and being pissed off at the end because I hadn't proofread it properly.  Old wounds.

I'm sure I will have similar wounds when I look back at my dissertation in a couple of years time. 10,000 more words to go....

I found and read my dissertation the other day. God it was bloody boring. Feel for the sucker that has to read a classfull of them.

It was quite nice to re-read though, I had forgotten parts of it so it was good to read it from a viewpoint that I had never had whilst writing it. You are so overly involved with the thing when writing it that you sort of lose the ability to take a step back and get a bigger picture with it. 

Good luck with the Dis though Ross, like I said in your discussion thread I found your survey quite well written.

Edited by mjsell

8 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I found and read my dissertation the other day. God it was bloody boring. Feel for the sucker that has to read a classfull of them.

It was quite nice to re-read though, I had forgotten parts of it so it was good to read it from a viewpoint that I had never had whilst writing it. You are so overly involved with the thing when writing it that you sort of lose the ability to take a step back and get a bigger picture with it. 

Good luck with the Dis though Ross, like I said in your discussion thread I found your survey quite well written.

Thanks Mjsell! 

It is a hard slog but fortunately I am doing (as I am sure you did) a topic that really interests me and will hopefully bring up some interesting results that haven't particularly been researched yet.

Hopefully I can refrain from tearing my own hair out as the deadlines looms ever closer....

Done and better than many questionnaires on here.  There are a couple of reasons why my answers may not fit.  I have a smartphone but I don't take it to festivals in case I lose it or it gets nicked.  Instead I take a very old basic phone for emergencies. But, that said, I keep it switched off the whole time as when I'm at a festival I don't want to be connected to the outside world. It's there just in case of real emergencies.

Also my average spend is pretty low at festivals as I have a caravan and am able to travel already very well stocked with food and drink.

Good luck.