2017 first line-up poster

smogo

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's enough there that I could have a great weekend if I chose to go but not enough for me to really consider going, and I can't see many other people rushing to buy tickets - most of, if not all, of those acts have popped up on all the other lineups that have already been announced this year (I think The xx may be the only major act not already at a UK festival, and we already know they're at Glastonbury). A lot of Bestival regulars there as well.

Is that Little Dragon subbing? RDB must absolutely love them as they seem to unjustifiably climb up the lineup every time they play.

Jamie T for the Thursday is pretty ace though - if it's a similar/same venue as before then it'll be absolutely rammed.

1 minute ago, DiscothequeDave said:

This is the full line up according to ticket line. Will be interesting to see the poster after the day splits.

says 'Many more to be announced' at the bottom there so I wouldn't pay attention to that - Bestival usually manages to pad the lineup out pretty nicely with the following announcements, although this is probably it for the major acts.

Just now, Tom12 said:

So sad to say this because I love bestival and would defend it against most festivals in the past but I think the end is near for them... they'll probably rename common people southampton bestival next year lol

Aye this certainly isn't the festival saving lineup they needed to secure their future, especially with so many smaller festivals popping up constantly. Real lack of anything that other festivals don't already have lineup-wise.

Is the £150 ticket price permanent or just an early deal thing?

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye this certainly isn't the festival saving lineup they needed to secure their future, especially with so many smaller festivals popping up constantly. Real lack of anything that other festivals don't already have lineup-wise.

Is the £150 ticket price permanent or just an early deal thing?

It's a 48-hour launch discount.

Just now, smogo said:

It's a 48-hour launch discount.

That's disappointing. I'm sure it's a lot easier to say 'cut the ticket price' than it is to put in to action, but £150 seems a lot more reasonable for what's on offer here than £200+. After the headliners the lineup really doesn't offer much in the way of big names or value for money.

1 hour ago, smogo said:

Decent enough I suppose, nothing mind-blowing as yet, and it's a shame that nothing from the Port and Spaceport line-ups have been announced yet.

Those two have been ditched/renamed. The Temple is the main "rave stage" now & HMS Bestival is back. 

45 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Is that Little Dragon subbing? RDB must absolutely love them as they seem to unjustifiably climb up the lineup every time they play.

Apparently The XX have curated the bill below them on the main stage that day. 

5 minutes ago, Tom12 said:

I thought they moved off the island to save money? Where've they put the saved money in their pockets? Cash grab year for 2017 and call it a day in 2018? I'm seriously contemplating binning bestival off and going to boomtown 

Offsets the discounted tickets, and with the downsize of capacity and increase in stages etc I don't think it represents a cash grab, still expect tons more to be added to the line up 

15 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Apparently The XX have curated the bill below them on the main stage that day. 

Hmm even so Little Dragon that high up isn't promising for what'll be below, although Bestival often doesn't abide by your 'bigger acts play higher up' rule so maybe there'll be some surprises further down.

Increase in stages? They've brought back stages they've had in a lock up... and the discounted tickets are only available for 2 days most people get paid monthly and probably won't have any money left over to afford a ticket right now.. I get paid weekly so I can afford it but I'll prefer to hold fire and see what happens instead of potentially wasting money right now... boomtown seem to be the ones putting effort in and as a result have taken a lot of the bestival punters and if things keep leaning the way they are I'll be joining them to see what the fuss is all about 

2 minutes ago, Tom12 said:

Increase in stages? They've brought back stages they've had in a lock up... and the discounted tickets are only available for 2 days most people get paid monthly and probably won't have any money left over to afford a ticket right now..

The discounted tickets are available on the payment plan so I dont think that is particularly fair.

I quite like the line up. Its certainly not jaw dropping there a few things that interest me and I think the discounted tickets are value for money. 

In addition to the smaller stages I would expect there must be quite a lot more to be announced for "The Box" which I assume is the Big Top and has had some decent stuff previously. 

I think I will give it a go to be honest...