smogo

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, mexjon said:

Pretty sure it's Jamie t headlining

Just had a read back through this thread and looks like you're right.

Surely there's quite a bit still to be announced on the lineup? The poster looks quite bare, reminiscent of a European 3/4 stage festival rather than the normal lineups they seem to put out.

3 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Just had a read back through this thread and looks like you're right.

Surely there's quite a bit still to be announced on the lineup? The poster looks quite bare, reminiscent of a European 3/4 stage festival rather than the normal lineups they seem to put out.

I'd seriously hope so, but it seems quite strange not to make any big announcements throughout summer when people would be making plans and booking tickets for events - then leave it til last minute. It's really not very long now!

• 2 weeks later...

5 weeks until the festival, can't see us getting any more big names. 

There's 22 acts announced for the main stage, that sounds about right: 7 per day, with DJs playing in between sets. The Box is the same, 36 acts announced.

I think they've padded out the lineup on this page without really making any announcement of it: http://www.bestival.net/line-up

2 hours ago, jackarmy said:

5 weeks until the festival, can't see us getting any more big names. 

There's 22 acts announced for the main stage, that sounds about right: 7 per day, with DJs playing in between sets. The Box is the same, 36 acts announced.

I think they've padded out the lineup on this page without really making any announcement of it: http://www.bestival.net/line-up

I agree, lots has been added without any real announcements.

On 30/06/2017 at 8:38 PM, Joe_17 said:

So bored of waiting for some more acts. Beginning to think he's given up, now giving his attention to Bestival Bali 

I doubt it. That festival starts just after I land in Bali for two weeks (what are the chances?!). The line-up is tiny and rubbish - and it's more expensive than UK Bestival (£155 for two days) despite Bali being dirt cheap from what I hear!

I'm also in Bali on honeymoon for that, trying to persuade the Mrs a day at that would be good. After my stag at Bestival not sure I'll get away with both. Looking forward to the radio one lineup, also HMS Bestival should have more to come looks a little bare at the moment 

Is it just me or have they really cutback on the line-up to the Bestival? I have seen Brian Wilson and Public Enemy on the main stage in the afternoon before, but there doesn't feel like there is any real 'depth' to the line-up any more.

I hope they pull a line-up more attuned to my taste out of the bag for next year; I would love to check out the new set-up.

10 minutes ago, Homer said:

Don't they normally knock out day tickets? Anyone know if there will be any this year?

Been going to Bestival for the last 4/5 years and don't remember any Day Ticket options, but I doubt this will even get close to selling out so i wouldn't be suprised if they try it

2 minutes ago, micropizza said:

Been going to Bestival for the last 4/5 years and don't remember any Day Ticket options, but I doubt this will even get close to selling out so i wouldn't be suprised if they try it

Not 100% but I think they had day tickets but only for the locals in IoW

5 hours ago, Homer said:

Is it just me or have they really cutback on the line-up to the Bestival? I have seen Brian Wilson and Public Enemy on the main stage in the afternoon before, but there doesn't feel like there is any real 'depth' to the line-up any more.

It was 50,000 capacity when they had those acts and sold out. The reduced capacity for the new site (was it 35,000? I can't remember) inevitably means the line up will be a bit less impressive in terms of depth. 

18 hours ago, Homer said:

I hope they pull a line-up more attuned to my taste out of the bag for next year; I would love to check out the new set-up.

Yeah, can't believe looking back at the previous Bestival's I've been to they booked stuff like: Basement Jaxx, Two Door, Underworld, Chic, Stevie Wonder, Chemical Brothers, Disclosure, Foals, Friendly Fires etc.  I know its mostly about taste but the lineup this year doesn't look like they've spent half as much money on Acts as back then, and we saw what happened when they did a cheap lineup last year...

Saying that, nice to other stages back, remember SL2 and Prince Fatty on Reggae Roots was loads of fun whatever year that was, tho the HMS Bestival one looks like its being used as a novelty stage this year, not a main DJ one, so wont expect all the lasers and fire this time