2017 first line-up poster

smogo

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Oh, i'll probably still be there (unless there's somebody great on elsewhere)... Just noting that he's really not in the same league as the likes of Beck, Underworld and M.I.A..

All credible acts! Gutted I missed M.I.A, she's been quite a rarity. Jamie T's shows are always a bloody good time but I suppose it's a different story if you aren't that much of a fan - he's got more of a cult following than anything else it seems.

2 hours ago, gibble said:

This - it makes for a good atmosphere.

Anyone have any idea how much more we can expect to be announced?

Hopefully a lot more.. it seems Bestival don't have a very unique line-up overall at the moment.  I have a ticket and I'm super excited either way but it'd be a shame if they don't pull off a successful year this time round. They have the same core acts of the other festivals but without any prominent headliners as such. There will be a few more big announcements I'm sure

8 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Don't go too hard on the Thursday.  And get fully involved in the Saturday fancy dress.

Me and wor lass have been planning our outfits since January think we're just about sorted haha can't wait! Which other acts do people expect? I would of thought Sampha would of been nailed on, would love to see SBTKT, totally enormous extinct dinosaurs and tempa t creep up too, all great live 

14 hours ago, Count Bukakula said:

Me and wor lass have been planning our outfits since January think we're just about sorted haha can't wait! Which other acts do people expect? I would of thought Sampha would of been nailed on, would love to see SBTKT, totally enormous extinct dinosaurs and tempa t creep up too, all great live 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Sampha, but i don't think SBTRK are active at the moment.

RTJ a good shout too.

I'm really hoping Sohn and Bonobo show up.

RTJ would be class but i think they're to big of a draw to have not been announced yet, perfect fit above Danny brown, earl sweatshirt would be a good booking for that day imo . Would love to see bonobo play, seen before and  he was flawless. I was really hoping for Johnny marr, but being realistic I'm hoping for alvvays and caribou aswell.

4 hours ago, gibble said:

ATCQ have cancelled some European dates due to Q-Tip injuring his shoulder.

http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/news/2017/ice-cube-plays-instead-of-a-tribe-called-quest

Given Roskilde is at the end of June though I'm guessing (hoping) they will still be there for Bestival.

I think he'll be fine... I'm actually recovering from a quadruple shoulder joint fracture I sustained 8 weeks ago, and I could do a show now, but wouldn't have been a couple of weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...