2017 first line-up poster

smogo

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Count Bukakula said:

Made a short list of acts that I think could appear.

Chance the rapper 
Faithless (Dj set)

De la soul 
SBTRKT
Sampha 
Gold panda 
Slaves (live set not just DJ)
Delta heavy 
Sub focus 
Run the jewels 
Flume

any thoughts?

I like the idea of all of those! A couple more I think could make the bill is professor green and the 1975 maybe two door cinema club or gaslight anthem 

7 hours ago, Tom12 said:

I like the idea of all of those! A couple more I think could make the bill is professor green and the 1975 maybe two door cinema club or gaslight anthem 

Gaslight anthem are on hiatus I believe but wouldn't be surprised to see Brian fallon there in some way! Wishful thinking but I'd love to see Johnny marr pop up, same with alvvays 

On 18/02/2017 at 9:39 PM, ghoulieanne said:

I've noticed RDB tweeting about Divine Comedy a couple of times this week - maybe they will appear on the line up?? Also would love to see London Grammar on there... they are doing the rounds...

Yeah I can see London Grammar headlining the 2nd stage at the same time as PSB or ATCQ.

2 hours ago, smogo said:

The 2nd stage headliner doesn't start until after the main stage has finished.

Aren't they making the second stage/ tent smaller for this years fest. I wouldnt expect the format to be staying exactly the same if that is the case. There were already dangerously busy levels for some of those tent headliners in previous years - Crystal fighters and Katy B last year was rammed (don't know if they were 'headliners' though).

I would expect more of the traditional headliners up against one another if they have downsized the tent.

Edited by mjsell

4 hours ago, mjsell said:

Aren't they making the second stage/ tent smaller for this years fest. I wouldnt expect the format to be staying exactly the same if that is the case. There were already dangerously busy levels for some of those tent headliners in previous years - Crystal fighters and Katy B last year was rammed (don't know if they were 'headliners' though).

I would expect more of the traditional headliners up against one another if they have downsized the tent.

I read somewhere on Facebook ((I think)) that the format for the box will be the same as the big top stage and be closing late with late headliners 

On 18/02/2017 at 9:39 PM, ghoulieanne said:

I've noticed RDB tweeting about Divine Comedy a couple of times this week - maybe they will appear on the line up?? Also would love to see London Grammar on there... they are doing the rounds...

London Grammar were incredible as the sun set on the main stage a few years back.

1 hour ago, Circus-Freak said:

Seriously, what are Bestival spending their money on?

Looking at recent festival announcements, Bestival is surely one of the worst line ups on the circuit.

And don't get me wrong, headliners aren't everything. But overall line up is. 

Id bet they won't sell 20,000 tix

Just bought tickets for this tiny festival in Stockport £55 for the whole weekend...

IMG_1120.JPG

1 hour ago, Circus-Freak said:

Seriously, what are Bestival spending their money on?

Looking at recent festival announcements, Bestival is surely one of the worst line ups on the circuit.

And don't get me wrong, headliners aren't everything. But overall line up is. 

Id bet they won't sell 20,000 tix

Probably best you just move on now, you got some money back from last year, best off concentrating on another festival you are going to enjoy rather than dwelling on the past.

On 24/02/2017 at 8:14 PM, ghoulieanne said:

Just bought tickets for this tiny festival in Stockport £55 for the whole weekend...

IMG_1120.JPG

Any lineup with Crazy P on it is winning this year. I couldnt recommend them highly enough for when you go if you like a dance. Hoping they will be at whatever festival I end up going to. 

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see the xx in Cardiff last night on the last leg of their European tour and they were incredible. Sounded great, well thought out setlist and amazing stage set up and light show. Will be interesting to see what they bring to Bestival but we should be in for a treat! 

Any ideas on the next line up announcement? It's all gone a bit quiet