2017 first line-up poster

smogo

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

Little Dragon were good when I saw them all of two years ago at Bestival - but they were on in the afternoon!

Aye they were there in 2012 I believe mid-main stage and then again in '15 a bit higher up, and now subbing. Fair enough if The xx chose them as a sub, but it's a weird placing for them - they've just kind of maintained the same level of popularity for a while now rather than getting bigger or smaller. They're just... there.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

That's disappointing. I'm sure it's a lot easier to say 'cut the ticket price' than it is to put in to action, but £150 seems a lot more reasonable for what's on offer here than £200+. After the headliners the lineup really doesn't offer much in the way of big names or value for money.

That pricing scheme is kind of how I feel about Boomtown, if it was that price I'd be tempted to see what the fuss is about but not at that price.

Rag N Bone Man sticks out, Annie Mac and maybe Craig Charles.

It certainly makes me think Pet Shop Boys can be a WHs headliner given ATCQ would be that spot if on there and The XX being the big one.

To be fair that's probably less than half the lineup. Whilst yeah its admittedly the big names that's not really what Bestival's about - one of my favourite things is actually the Big Top (now The Box) after the headliners so I'm looking forward to seeing who they've got lined up for those slots (assuming DJ Shadow will be one of them). Been pretty decent in recent years with Tame Impala, Leftfield, The Human League. Loads more DJs to be announced and they always have fun stuff on the main stage early doors, too. 

It's not the more inspiring lineup but it feels like Bestival and follows a formula that was successful up until last year. I think it'll be just fine. And I've been a critic of Bestival in the past! 

Whether or not this lineup is strong will be reflected in the coming weeks, when similar sized festivals announce. I think it's done well to target students to part with some of their loan, as well as getting a few of the old/regulars back on board with ATCQ/PSB. Solid but unspectacular. I think they lost it when they opened The Port. Shitty, soulless place. 

49 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Whether or not this lineup is strong will be reflected in the coming weeks, when similar sized festivals announce. I think it's done well to target students to part with some of their loan, as well as getting a few of the old/regulars back on board with ATCQ/PSB. Solid but unspectacular. I think they lost it when they opened The Port. Shitty, soulless place. 

What other festivals are still to announce other than Latitude?

29 minutes ago, mjsell said:

What other festivals are still to announce other than Latitude?

Particularly thinking of Latitude, Electric Picnic, F#6 and Green Man, forgetting entirely the latter had already announced :lol: but F#6 and Electric Picnic are around the same time too. 

3 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Well that ends the "Are Little Dragon subbing?" debate.

Screenshot_20170209-133838.png

I'd say it doesn't end it. However, as the xx are curating their day's line up, I wouldn't be surprised to see Solange. (Played at their festival Night + Day around 4 years ago; would maybe expect a few others from that festival.)

Think thats a pretty strong lineup, prefer the posters from the last few years though - the poster for this makes it look a bit cheap (as lovely as the illustrations are) and you have to look a bit harder for names 

Still, very excited. The xx will be special. 

4 hours ago, Zacko said:

Think thats a pretty strong lineup, prefer the posters from the last few years though - the poster for this makes it look a bit cheap (as lovely as the illustrations are) and you have to look a bit harder for names

It looks as if it's been designed that way to mask the fact that this announcement has very few acts of any substance - a case of quantity over quality.

That said, Bestival seems to have always prided itself on being alternative to most other UK festivals and in 2017 it will still be a massive party regardless.

I think im done with Bestival now. Had a great few years there '13, '14, '15 but it will take something pretty special to get me back. I think the line up is solid but nothing special. I hope it works out for them though because it can be a great festival

If Glastonbury haven't got Justice i'll be sick.