Hi Everyone,

My name is Ross and I am currently studying Events Management at Leeds Beckett University.

I am currently in the depths of my dissertation which is titled "The Growth of Integrated Technology and its Effects on Audience Experiences at UK Music Festivals". The study is looking specifically into the growth of RFID technology and Mobile Apps and how they are changing (for good or bad) the audience experience and consumer behaviour at festivals in the UK.

I am currently sending a survey out to anyone who has attended a festival, regardless of when or where you attended. I would really appreciate it if you could take 5 minutes out of your time to help me out and hopefully provide some significant data that I could bring forward into my work. 

If you require any more information or would just like to discuss the topic in general, please give me a shout. 

Thank you very much in advance for your time! 

Ross

LINK TO SURVEYhttps://kwiksurveys.com/s/nDtgnf9q

Edited by Ross1992

Done. Not a bad one that, not sure of tge benefit of the info you'll garner but well set out. 

Not that I'm encouraging you to spam the boards but you'll get more of a response if you post it in the Glastonbury Chat forum as that gets most traffic and as Glastonbury has an ap, it's kind of relevant. 

Yep I've done it as well. As Gnom said, quite well laid out. Good luck with your studies.

biggest issue for me with using of apps at festivals is the lack of coverage/signal. Often in the middle of nowhere, that for 11 months of the year has little necessity for a good phone service to then be bombarded by thousands of people (I don't actually know how/if this has major effects, but I assume it does). Live updates pretty much become useless in those situations. Like this year at Bestival - I received an update that The Chuckle brothers were back on, before recieving the update that they had called it off in the first place - and all of this happened after they had played anyway. 

Thank you all for your help/ feedback! Really appreciate it! :)

Interesting to hear your views on apps, as I thought the likes of Bestival would have pinned down app/signal issues - I guess we don't appreciate how essential having signal actually is to festival attendees until you actually have a reason to use your phone more! 

I've never personally take a smartphone to a festival, so I've never really take much notice of the lack of signal etc.