Simian Mobile Disco Live

Brock Landers

Any chance of them playing live as opposed to a DJ set?. Saw them a couple of times live round about the time of the first 2 albums and they were fantastic (they were amazing at Bestival in 2010).

Think they played in The Glade in 2013 but I missed em to see Chic. With a (relatively) new album out does anybody think we have a chance of seeing them?.

Would very much enjoy seeing them playing live at Glastonbury, missed them in 2013, think I was at Portishead?  Not sure where they would stick them, they took a while to sell out a pretty small venue recently so quite difficult to place, Glade again? Would love to see them playing the Hell Stage or something late at night 

• Upvote 1

Well I saw them in 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed their set. They played the Glade, but the Glade was a separate tent and not in the glade area that year so was a bit bigger than the Glade normally is. 

I'd consider seeing them, but they'd probably end up with some shit evening Sonic set or something which would put me off.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brock Landers said:

Any chance of them playing live as opposed to a DJ set?. Saw them a couple of times live round about the time of the first 2 albums and they were fantastic (they were amazing at Bestival in 2010).

Think they played in The Glade in 2013 but I missed em to see Chic. With a (relatively) new album out does anybody think we have a chance of seeing them?.

I was at that Bestival set and can confirm they were shit hot. 

I'd love to see them at Arcadia. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I would start with the first album, although probably not entirely representative of their current live show. 

1. Attack Decay Sustain

2. Unpatterns

3. Welcome to Sideways

4. Temporary Pleasure

5. Whorl 

9. Pablo Honey

Cheers mate :-)

• 11 months later...

What do people make of this? Sounds like it might be quite interesting as a one-off - though a bit different to when I saw them headline the Spirit of 71 Stage back in 2013!

Witness a dialogue between human and machine as electronic duo Simian Mobile Discoand singing collective Deep Throat Choirperform from their forthcoming collaborative album Murmurations.

Since their acclaimed 2007 debut Attack Decay Sustain Release, Simian Mobile Disco – producer duo James Ford and Jas Shaw – have explored almost every avenue of modern Techno over 5 albums and multiple singles and EPs, from experimental excursions to dancefloor bangers. For this one-off performance, they return to traditional song-based structures, melding their mastery of their machinery with uproarious vocals of Hackney’s all-female Deep Throat Choir. Something that’s both organic and synthetic.

https://www.barbican.org.uk/whats-on/2018/event/simian-mobile-disco-with-deep-throat-choir

back in 2004 or 2005 my mates said to me they were going to see Simian Mobile disco , I got all excited thinking that we were going to see DjING Monkeys. I thought Glastonbury is totally amazing

never the less I was let down by the lack of Chimps spinning the decks. I can never see them again 

8 hours ago, shuttlep said:

back in 2004 or 2005 my mates said to me they were going to see Simian Mobile disco , I got all excited thinking that we were going to see DjING Monkeys. I thought Glastonbury is totally amazing

never the less I was let down by the lack of Chimps spinning the decks. I can never see them again 

I had a similar let down when I went to see Kid Koala at Reading ‘11

11 hours ago, John the Moth said:

I had a similar let down when I went to see Kid Koala at Reading ‘11

I feel your pain 

maybe we should start a few bands made out of the animals they are named after, 

eg arctic monkeys... a group on chimps in big arctic winter coats

Edited by shuttlep