3rd announcement prediction

jakecase

15 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I've got an idea, based on what SOAD said but with a bit more structure as pointed out by Matty.

Predict 7 acts for each day and they have to be the top acts on the poster reading top to bottom left to right (minus already announced acts) for each day.

4 points for right act in top 7 of correct day.
3 points for right act in top 7 of wrong day.
2 points for right act outside of top 7 in right day.
1 point for right act outside of top 7 of wrong day.

Also discourages people lowballing for SWMRS or something. What say you, @jakecase?

Ok actually worked out my question now. Since we are ignoring acts that have already been announced does top 7 in all four categories refer to the top 7 previously unnanounced acts? So in could theoretically be the 16th lowest band on that day? Sounds good anyway

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets have a go:

Friday: Thirty Seconds to Mars, Wolf Alice, Run the Jewels, Billy Talent, Chance the Rapper, Blossoms and Editors

Saturday: Eminem, Liam Gallagher, Metronomy, White Lies, Moderat, Stone Sour and PVRIS

Sunday: Royal Blood, Deftones, Rise Against, Twin Atlantic, Rag N Bone Man, Cabbage and Jagwar Ma

Edited by SOAD

Wishful thinking but here's mine:

Friday- Royal Blood, Deftones, Rise against, Billy talent, Chance the rapper, Loyle Carner, Bad Religion

Saturday- Eminem, The Offspring, YMAS, Marylin Manson, Pretty Reckless,  Killswitch, Gorgon City

Sunday- 21 Pilots, Skepta, The Kooks, Blossoms, Neck Deep, Creeper, Stone Sour

Edited by Steve1000

2 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Wishful thinking but here's mine:

Friday- Royal Blood, Deftones, Rise against, Billy talent, Chance the rapper, Loyle Carner, Bad Religion

Saturday- Eminem, The Offspring, YMAS, Marylin Manson, Pretty Reckless,  Killswitch, Gorgon City

Sunday- Pendulum, Skepta, The Kooks, Blossoms, Neck Deep, Creeper, Stone Sour

Pendulum is pretty much impossible on the Sunday as Knife Party is playing at SW4 that day (so unless it's just El Hornets Pendulum rather than their new live set, but then it wont be billled anywhere near as high)

45 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Pendulum is pretty much impossible on the Sunday as Knife Party is playing at SW4 that day (so unless it's just El Hornets Pendulum rather than their new live set, but then it wont be billled anywhere near as high)

Cream lineup is out next Friday, that's where the Pendulum boys will be, I'd put money on it.

Let's have a go then:

Friday: The XX, Deftones, Interpol, Blossoms, Pretty Reckless, Mac De Marco, Death Grips

Saturday: Eminem, Chance The Rapper, Metronomy, Editors, Rag N Bone Man, White Lies, Declan McKenna

Sunday: Royal Blood, Skepta, Liam Gallagher, Twin Atlantic, Charli XCX, Migos, Cabbage 

Friday - Thirty Seconds To Mars, Chance The Rapper, Blossoms, White Lies, Rise Against, The Pretty Reckless, Christine & The Queens.
Saturday - Eminem, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Editors, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Billy Talent, Vant, Walking On Cars.
Sunday - Liam Gallagher, Skepta, Interpol, The Naked And Famous, Moose Blood, Declan McKenna, P Money.

Edited by foolee

12 minutes ago, foolee said:

Friday - Thirty Seconds To Mars, Chance The Rapper, Blossoms, White Lies, Rise Against, The Pretty Reckless, Christine & The Queens.
Saturday - Eminem, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Editors, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Billy Talent, Vant, Walking On Cars.
Sunday - Liam Gallagher, Skepta, The Naked And Famous, Circa Waves, Moose Blood, Declan McKenna, P Money.

Circa waves already announced

Friday: Royal Blood, PVRIS, Liam Gallagher, Sundara Karma, Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals, Rise Against, WhatSoNot

Saturday: Eminem, Chance The Rapper, Clean Bandit, Rag N Bone Man, Cabbage, Blossoms, Gorgon City

Sunday: The XX, Oh Wonder, Cashmere Cat, London Grammar, NAO, The Hunna, Stone Sour

Friday: Rudimental, Run the jewels, Dua Lipa, Rag n Bone man, Sundara karma, DJ EZ, The hunna

Saturday: Eminem, Jamie T, Zara Larsson, Slaves, Tom Zanetti, Nines, Cabbage

Sunday: A tribe called quest, Twenty one pilots, The kooks, Middle kids, london grammar, Giggs, Hannah wants

Edited by Elliot Berens

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Was gonna wait but I'll only forget so:

Chance the Rapper, The Kooks, Liam Gallagher, Stormzy, Jake Bugg, Young Thug, Annie Mac
Eminem, Justice, Rag'n'Bone Man, MØ, Moderat, Migos, The Pretty Reckless
Tame Impala, The Cribs, Blossoms, Death Grips, Vince Staples, Rise Against, Nothing But Thieves

Justice? Where would you see them putting them? I would have said NME headliner but they already have Flume and Fatboy Slim so I'm not sure where else they could possibly go :L

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Justice? Where would you see them putting them? I would have said NME headliner but they already have Flume and Fatboy Slim so I'm not sure where else they could possibly go :L

Yeah that's where I'm putting 'em. Tried to do the 'not three dance headliners thing' but couldn't really think of owt so going for Gallagher headlining NME with FBS over him and Justice against Eminem. They're pretty indie anyway.

Okay think I've come to a conclusion on who to expect...

Friday: 30STM, Enter Shikari, Chance The Rapper, Sigma, PVRIS, Frank Carter, The Hunna

Saturday: Twenty One Pilots, Jungle, Rag N Bone Man, Yelawolf, Rise Against, Lethal Bizzle, Death Grips

Sunday: The XX, The Kooks, Billy Talent, The Flaming Lips, Jamie T, Mallary Knox, Cabbage

Friday: Royal Blood, PVRIS, Moose Blood, Marmozets, Moderat, The Pretty Reckless, Sundara Karma
Saturday: Eminem, Liam Gallagher, Rise Against, Billy Talent, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Dillon Francis, Code Orange
Sunday: alt-J, Chance The Rapper, The Kooks, Marshmello, Death Grips, Palace, Vince Staples 

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Friday: Royal Blood, PVRIS, Moose Blood, Marmozets, Moderat, The Pretty Reckless, Sundara Karma
Saturday: Eminem, Liam Gallagher, Rise Against, Billy Talent, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Dillon Francis, Code Orange
Sunday: alt-J, Chance The Rapper, The Kooks, Marshmello, Death Grips, Palace, Vince Staples 

Where would you put alt-J out of interest? Can't see why they'd play exactly the same slot as two years ago especially having not released any new music.

17 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Where would you put alt-J out of interest? Can't see why they'd play exactly the same slot as two years ago especially having not released any new music.

If they played I think they'd sub Kasabian. I struggled to think who will sub, but what with them being around all of late summer and little or no real announcements from Tame Impala, 30 Seconds to Mars and Royal Blood, seems a relatively safe prediction.. I NEED SOME POINTS. 2 (t w o) points from two announcements. Shameful. 

Edited by JSmurphy

Entering late but oh well....

FRIDAY: (With Muse) 30 Seconds to Mars, Moderat, Sundara Karma, Sigma, Nothing but Thieves, Lethal Bizzle

SATURDAY: Eminem, Twenty One Pilots, Run The Jewels, Liam Gallagher, Death Grips, SWMRS, Moose Blood

SUNDAY: (with Kasabian and TDCC) The XX, Chance the Rapper, Stormzy, The Amazons, Cabbage, The Hunna, Warpaint 

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah that's where I'm putting 'em. Tried to do the 'not three dance headliners thing' but couldn't really think of owt so going for Gallagher headlining NME with FBS over him and Justice against Eminem. They're pretty indie anyway.

Bastille subbing Muse I assume? They said something in an interview not long back about ending their tour with a  2nd headline slot at R&L so with this combined with their tour dates saying Saturday Reading I'm expecting them opposite Eminem still.