3rd announcement prediction

jakecase

Let's get the ball rolling here and carry on the prediction game yet again...

Current point standings after the first two announcements...

5 Points: Will-260, justanothername
4 points: foolee, Gozpot
3 Points: Andre91, Foals/Disclosure, Bisque, DMCJ2
2 Points: JSmurphy, Shaun_182, mattymooz, JonSnow, The Placid Casual, AndrewSmith, dentalplan, Larry_Bueller, and lightning1000
1 Point: Buko, conroy17, Count Bukakula, jakecase, jonnyisRFC, RedBalloon, Odessa, OscarEB, Superunknown and Whittick.

Edited by jakecase

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only really started posting again recently so not given the last couple predictions a go. Are we assuming they are doing a similar style announcement as last year? Think this was the third announcement last year:

ReadingFestival-2016.jpg

If so are we doing like 60 new bands and the ones already announced then guessing the days?

33 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

For the big announcement we normally guessed top 6 main and top 3 nme but if they do the poster how they did it last year it makes it difficult. I guess we could still so that but only have points for guessing the correct acts and no points for correct position, etc.

Or just end the game now with me on top :P

Well maybe along those lines do 9 bands per day excluding any bands already announced. Then points for correct acts like you said.

We could just try guessing who we think are gonna be Healining/subbing/third on the main, Headlining/subbing NME and then maybe just headlining the other stages? We had most of these acts released this time last year (missing some 2 Pit headliners, 2 FR healiners and a 1Xtra headliner last year at this point)

22 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

We could just try guessing who we think are gonna be Healining/subbing/third on the main, Headlining/subbing NME and then maybe just headlining the other stages? We had most of these acts released this time last year (missing some 2 Pit headliners, 2 FR healiners and a 1Xtra headliner last year at this point)

That's what we're gonna be doing for a couple of months before they give us the day and stage splits.

Just now, dentalplan said:

That's what we're gonna be doing for a couple of months before they give us the day and stage splits.

Well they are giving us day splits in the next announcement if it is like last year:

On 07/02/2017 at 1:56 PM, SOAD said:

Only really started posting again recently so not given the last couple predictions a go. Are we assuming they are doing a similar style announcement as last year? Think this was the third announcement last year:

ReadingFestival-2016.jpg

If so are we doing like 60 new bands and the ones already announced then guessing the days?

On 10/02/2017 at 5:09 PM, Mattymooz said:

Just thought that would at least give us some structure to go on, rather than just 'Guess 20 bands that you think'll play'

Think we should just do what we used to and predict the top 6 main and top 3 NME but just have points for the acts being announced rather than having extra points for correct positions, etc.

21 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Think we should just do what we used to and predict the top 6 main and top 3 NME but just have points for the acts being announced rather than having extra points for correct positions, etc.

Yeah this is kinda what I meant, I just feel as though top 6 on the Main is harder than looking at headliners for all the stages

I'll start things off. 

Muse 
Royal Blood
Twenty One Pilots
You Me At Six
Jimmy Eat World
Rat Boy

NME:
Flume 
Metronomy 
Stormzy

Kasabian 
The Weeknd
Two Door Cinema Club
The Kooks
Wiley
Architects 

NME:
Fatboy Slim "Closing set"
Korn 
At the drive in 

Eminem
Major Lazer
Panic! At the Disco
A Tribe Called Quest
Jake Bugg
Feeder

NME: 
Bastille
Liam Gallagher 
Blossoms

On 11/02/2017 at 5:35 PM, Will-2609 said:

So what goes on with acts already announced? Seems pointless predicting acts that have already been announced despite not necessarily getting the stage splits.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

So what goes on with acts already announced? Seems pointless predicting acts that have already been announced despite not necessarily getting the stage splits.

This is why I thought it was a good idea to just do 9 new acts per day and ignore stage splits.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Was gonna say they'd just be guaranteed points but just realised it wouldn't work as you could just stick them all in for guaranteed points even though you've stuck them in ridiculous positions. I'm out of ideas now.

11 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Was gonna say they'd just be guaranteed points but just realised it wouldn't work as you could just stick them all in for guaranteed points even though you've stuck them in ridiculous positions. I'm out of ideas now.

I've got an idea, based on what SOAD said but with a bit more structure as pointed out by Matty.

Predict 7 acts for each day and they have to be the top acts on the poster reading top to bottom left to right (minus already announced acts) for each day.

4 points for right act in top 7 of correct day.
3 points for right act in top 7 of wrong day.
2 points for right act outside of top 7 in right day.
1 point for right act outside of top 7 of wrong day.

Also discourages people lowballing for SWMRS or something. What say you, @jakecase?

Edited by dentalplan

58 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I've got an idea, based on what SOAD said but with a bit more structure as pointed out by Matty.

Predict 7 acts for each day and they have to be the top acts on the poster reading top to bottom left to right (minus already announced acts) for each day.

4 points for right act in top 7 of correct day.
3 points for right act in top 7 of wrong day.
2 points for right act outside of top 7 in right day.
1 point for right act outside of top 7 of wrong day.

Also discourages people lowballing for SWMRS or something. What say you, @jakecase?

Sounds pretty good, gives the people who are on low points at the moment a chance to win this thing :P