JBarbour

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/27/2017 at 2:57 PM, thelemon said:

If that's the case what do we reckon for the Sunday? Possibility of someone like The Courteeners/The Vaccines/The Wombats? Blossoms? A hip-hop act? What do we reckon?

I'd be very surprised if it is another indie band like the ones you mentioned as they are all similar to the Libertines. I reckon it'll be either a old school hip hop group or a older rock band. The line up at the moment doesn't have much on it for the older generation and tramlines tend to try to attract that crowd as well. I really want to see Billy Bragg on the undercard as I didn't manage to see him in 2015 as leadmill was rammed.  

One of the local venues (Maida Vale) has started releasing its "Tramlines Weekend" line up. No wristbands required. Also seen some local/regional bands announce a number of other venues across the weekend. "exclusively outdoor event" is gonna be hard to market when the local venues all start putting on acts just without the branding / ticketing. 

18 hours ago, craigb said:

One of the local venues (Maida Vale) has started releasing its "Tramlines Weekend" line up. No wristbands required. Also seen some local/regional bands announce a number of other venues across the weekend. "exclusively outdoor event" is gonna be hard to market when the local venues all start putting on acts just without the branding / ticketing. 

Where did you see the lineup so far?

16 hours ago, The 38 year old virgin said:

Yeah, went on the Saturday, great set up. The oriolles were a highlight, as were hookworms. 

Managed to catch Alvarez Kings, Membranes, Post War Glamour Girls & Slow Club on the Friday. All decent to very good. Seen a few shite acts as well.

Saturday had a nightmare. Long story but ended up seeing a load a acts wasn't fussed about in The Plug. The Selector nearly made up for it though  

5 hours ago, craigb said:

Managed to catch Alvarez Kings, Membranes, Post War Glamour Girls & Slow Club on the Friday. All decent to very good. Seen a few shite acts as well.

Saturday had a nightmare. Long story but ended up seeing a load a acts wasn't fussed about in The Plug. The Selector nearly made up for it though  

Saw clean cut kid there, OK I suppose. Tickets available for next year, £10. Can't grumble at that 

6 hours ago, thelemon said:

So we have The Libertines on the Friday and Primal Scream on the Saturday. What about the Sunday?

It will be interesting to see if Metronomy do headline. I think they are just about big enough to. Regardless I think another big act will be announced for the Sunday, either as a sub or as a headliner. 

Does anyone know whether the 3 main stages will all end at the same time? In the past the smaller outdoor stages have closed earlier I believe but with there being no indoor venues that might change. If this is the case, it suggests Metronomy won't headline as it looks like the Coral will headline the DG stage and a Metronomy-the Coral clash seems unlikely. I'm probably just clutching at straws though tbh...

Are Metronomy headlining sunday? Maybe the main stage closes earlier?

press reads... 

All Saints / The Libertines / Toots and the Maytals / Primal Scream / Kano   

The Coral / Metronomy... 

Edited by craigb

3 hours ago, craigb said:

Are Metronomy headlining sunday? Maybe the main stage closes earlier?

press reads... 

All Saints / The Libertines / Toots and the Maytals / Primal Scream / Kano   

The Coral / Metronomy... 

If the main stage closes earlier surely it would cause massive queues at DG and FF. I highly doubt they would do that. That poster does look like Metronomy is subbing! Such a stacked line up this year. So, so much better than last year.