• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, craigb said:

Headliners are def - The Libertines (Fri), Primal Scream (Sat), Metronomy (Sun).  
Topping the second stage at Devonshire Green is Kano (Fri), We Are Scientists (Sat) and The Coral (Sun).

All the venues in the city will still programme

What makes you so sure (not saying you are wrong but just wondering if you had any source)? Also do you think DG headliners will clash with the main stage ones?

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

What makes you so sure (not saying you are wrong but just wondering if you had any source)? Also do you think DG headliners will clash with the main stage ones?

I interviewed the Tramlines festival director for my publication. Not sure about clashes though sorry. Best guess would be main stage headliners have a longer set. 

Outdoor line up now complete:-

The Libertines

All Saints / Kano / Metronomy / Primal Scream / Toots & The Maytals

Akala / Cabbage / Cate Le Bon / Hot 8 Brass Band / Lady Leshurr / Loyle Carner / M.O / Nadia Rose / Omar Souleyman / The Coral / The Magic Gang / The Pharcyde / Twin Atlantic / We Are Scientists

The Age of LUNA / The Big Moon / Blaenavon / Bossy Love / Champion / Don Letts / Estrons / Flamingods /The Heatwave / Lucy Spraggan / Mista Silva / Ms Banks / Nubiyan Twist DJ set / Our Girl / Rachel Dadd / The Reflex / Spring King / Yorkston Thorne Khan

Alvarez Kings / Buffalo Skinners / Cattle & Cane / Fizzy Blood / Goat Girl / Goat Head / Jalen N'Gonda / James Tait / Jamie Isaac / Jerry Williams / John Joseph Brill / Katie Pham & The Moonbathers / Leroy / Liberty Ship / Little Robots / LOGS / Luxury Death / Matic Mouth / Mike Hughes / Neil McSweeney / Paul Littlewood / Reasons To Be Cheerful Soundsystem / Sheffield's Sgt Pepper Project / Souljam / The SSS / Thirsty Ear / UK Mondo / The Wharves

2 hours ago, craigb said:

Stage splits

tramlines-final-line-up-2017.jpg

Where did you get that from? Looks like they've moved a few acts around. I'm glad All Saints are on DG, I didn't want to have to sit through them to see Primal Scream. Not sure about Lady Leshurr subbing for Metronomy. I'll probably have to see her to make sure I'm at main stage for Metronomy's set. 

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Where did you get that from? Looks like they've moved a few acts around. I'm glad All Saints are on DG, I didn't want to have to sit through them to see Primal Scream. Not sure about Lady Leshurr subbing for Metronomy. I'll probably have to see her to make sure I'm at main stage for Metronomy's set. 

Yeah they've moved a few acts around. Looks like All saints and We Are Scientists have switched. Prob makes more sense and flows better. 

I got it in the press release. As I said before I have my own music publication.  

Edited by craigb

18 minutes ago, craigb said:

Yeah they've moved a few acts around. Looks like All saints and We Are Scientists have switched. Prob makes more sense and flows better. 

I got it in the press release. As I said before I have my own music publication.  

It's a shame about Sunday. I think it would have made more sense having all the hip hop acts on DG then having the indie acts on before Metronomy. Coral into Metronomy would have been fun but maybe I'm just underestimating the size of acts like Lady Leshurr.

7 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

It's a shame about Sunday. I think it would have made more sense having all the hip hop acts on DG then having the indie acts on before Metronomy. Coral into Metronomy would have been fun but maybe I'm just underestimating the size of acts like Lady Leshurr.

Got to split the crowd. Don't want a stage oversubscribed and other stages undersubscribed. That's one of the reasons they've moved away from the venues. The Coral and Metronomy clash will def split the crowd.

I did think the second stage was there to focus on Hip Hop type acts.  

Will Cabbage and Spring King clash? That's a shame if they do as they were part of reason I bought a ticket, although The Libs and The Coral are the main thing for me, and Primal Scream was a big addition for me. Twin Atlantic should be good as well.

15 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

It's just a club night thing. They are all DJs from Leadmill 

Ah ok, that sounds decent. Only been to Sheffield once in my life but we went down the Leadmill and the music was great. As someone who's never been this festival before what is that venue like (Into The Trees)? Or is it new?

9 hours ago, thelemon said:

Ah ok, that sounds decent. Only been to Sheffield once in my life but we went down the Leadmill and the music was great. As someone who's never been this festival before what is that venue like (Into The Trees)? Or is it new?

Into the trees is brand new. 

Make suse you venture into the city. You probably will have to anyway between venues. The atmosphere is always top notch. Local venues used to be on the Tramlines programme. They are still going to be doing their own thing. 

Edited by craigb

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

on 6music right now...

"the owners of Tramlines have agreed to a bid price of £1.2M".

I bet they have. :lol:

£1.2M for a name with no (or minimal) assets.

I get why others in Sheffield might want to secure its future away from its current owners, but I reckon they're mugging themselves.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yep - the reasons for wanting it are sound.

I was laughing at the price and the fact that the current owners have 'agreed' to a stupidly high valuation.

Secure from the current owners? Are you sure about that!? Some of them look to be involved with the bid.

24 minutes ago, craigb said:

Secure from the current owners? Are you sure about that!? Some of them look to be involved with the bid.

If some of them are also bidding, that's probably about both of these...

1. not really wanting to give it up in the first place so they need to still own some to be sure of being involved, but....

2. someone is suggesting they could be showered with a fortune while keeping their involvement, so if they help support the bid - and so also that sale price - with the money they'll get back from a sale they're laughing.

If someone told me efests was worth £1.2M I'd be listening, and if someone told me I'd have to chuck back in (say) £200k to help support that price of £1.2M plus it would keep me in control, they'd be no stopping me. After all, I'd be £1M up for doing all the same things! :)

Particularly when none of the value is for particularly tangible things, and while a valuation of £1.2M might be justified today there's no guarantee it will be tomorrow.

Edited by eFestivals

Just been listening to Estrons and they're great, adding them to the list of who to see.

Going by that clashfinder, my weekend is looking a bit like this:

Friday: Twin Atlantic -> Libs -> Indie Disco

Saturday: Estrons -> Spring King -> Cabbage (possibly missing the start, so maybe won't be able to) -> Primal Scream

Sunday: Nadia Rose -> Lady Leshurr (might take my mates some convincing that one, will have to leave early as well) -> The Coral -> Possibly the end of Metronomy

For £46 that's great, even if we don't get to see all that cos we'll be popping in and out of other stuff anyway. I'll have to look into the after parties too, tempted to buy tickets to the Bugzy Malone one but don't know any details.