Legends Slot

TunaBaby

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/03/2017 at 9:42 AM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Looks like they've sort of decommissioned the slot to an extent, without a specific announcement as such. It will still exist of course but it peaked a couple of years ago.

Yeah I agree. It must be difficult to keep finding these golden oldies for that slot. It was becoming like a fourth headliner in its own right and there's a lot of pressure on bands to perform. Heard ELO wans't very good last year and it won't be a very sustainable slot to keep

6 minutes ago, Untz said:

Of course, Barry might want to be playing down any legend aspect of it because he wants to play his newer stuff as well. Which virtually no-one wants to hear.

I'm sure we'll get one or two but he ain't gonna be stupid enough to bust out more than that surely - he'll have been told what the deal is. All banger - minuscule clanger.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm sure we'll get one or two but he ain't gonna be stupid enough to bust out more than that surely - he'll have been told what the deal is. All banger - minuscule clanger.

Oh, I'm sure he will. But the danger is there.

I'm still damaged by That Shakin Stevens set. I need to get over it.

34 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Yeah I agree. It must be difficult to keep finding these golden oldies for that slot. It was becoming like a fourth headliner in its own right and there's a lot of pressure on bands to perform. Heard ELO wans't very good last year and it won't be a very sustainable slot to keep

On the contrary, i was on the of the "only know Mr blue sky" brigade and he was bloody brilliant

Dolly and lionel were just really good bookings available at the time. 

The year before that Kenny was well received but nothing of that scale and i see Barry Gibb in the same way. 

I was looking at his most recent setlists (not that recent)  i wasnt familar with quite a few, hopefully he just whips out the hits, but tbh i find his singing voice to weird and might miss.

48 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I wonder if he said just to take attention off of him.

2 minutes ago, ThePushover said:

Are we sure the legends slot is Barry Gibb? 

Personally I want it to be Bryan Adams because that would be so much fun. 

It wouldn't, it's a really boring picnic show at best.

8 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

He's obviously a legend but is he going to have some backing singers or something? I thought he sounded like a chipmunk with its balls in a vice when he came out for Coldplay last year. Not necessarily bad just a bit silly.

I wasn't there but aye, from the videos it definitely sounded pretty cringey, like somebody doing a terrible Bee Gees parody rather than the main man himself. Guessing he'll have a fair few backing singers to carry him through the higher notes this time round though.