Legends Slot

TunaBaby

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, musky said:

So we don't reckon Chic could be in with a shout at the legends slot? Too soon after West Holts maybe?

There seems to be a lot of store put in to what Bazza had to say last summer. The DiRo thing hasn't panned out, either because it was never right or it just fell through, but that's par for the course for such pronouncements so far in advance. At the moment we're back to square one for the legends slot, and from what we know I'd say Chic are front runners.

Still all to play for though.

Well, Barry Gibb is down as TBC for Sunday Pyramid Stage, and tbh would have been the obvious guess from the off if it weren't for the Diana Ross rumours. So I'd be fairly confident it'll end up being him now.

Only thing is his lack of any dates lined up. Can see him doing it and then announcing a UK tour off the back of it, though.

7 hours ago, CALAK94 said:

To further add fuel to the fire

Ozzy is touring the US of A in July aswell.... good coverage at GLASTO in June and then announce a UK tour in October 

why not?

IMG_0323.JPG

Being a rabid Sabbath fan may I point out that Ozzy and Jack were pictured by the Tor last year throwing me into feverish speculation that Glastonbury might be part of The End tour. Maybe they were having very early talks with Emily.

11 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

Being a rabid Sabbath fan may I point out that Ozzy and Jack were pictured by the Tor last year throwing me into feverish speculation that Glastonbury might be part of The End tour. Maybe they were having very early talks with Emily.

Image result for Ozzy Glastonbury Tor

On 20/03/2017 at 7:26 PM, tevaburger said:

as with Manilow last year initially, I just never thought the D-Ross stuff was true, especially without any other dates around it.

With Jeff Lynne, as average as an effect that he had on the day (and surely on the BBC) how spectacular is it that he decided right after that he was good enough to announce a Wembley Stadium show mere days after….how’s that show going with tix? are there 70,000 who want to go see him in a stadium?

Looks pretty sold out from this:

http://www.seetickets.com/event/jeff-lynne-s-elo/wembley-stadium-london/996688

https://www.stargreen.com/jeff-lynne-s-elo.html/

23 minutes ago, joe_lander2005 said:

Just wondering but has anyone considered the possibility of Celine Dion? She's in the UK touring with a gap over Glastonbury.

I've considered it in the same way I've considered being castrated.  There is a theoretical possibility that it could happen, but it's really not something I'd like to give too much thought to as it makes me sad.

2 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

Please God of Rock make it happen 

1 hour ago, joe_lander2005 said:

Just wondering but has anyone considered the possibility of Celine Dion? She's in the UK touring with a gap over Glastonbury.

Yes. She's in Arnhem, Netherlands on the Friday and Manchester on Sunday, so unlikely. Also, where would she go? Can't see her settling for 2nd sub on Other or whatever.

It's possible they want to decommission the legend spot as such, after Dolly and Lionel it's a bit of a tough act to live up to and probably difficult to find acts every year to live up to their hype. It will still be a Legend as such but they just won't hype it separately as much. They'll just appear on the poster in that particular slot.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Interested in any arguments as to why it won't be Barry Gibb, given that we know they offered it to him last year, he says he wants to do it and Neil places him as a TBC on the Pyramid on the Sunday.

And just because they haven't announced it separately yet doesn't mean that that it still isn't forthcoming.