Woffy

If anything as funny as Madonna not undoing her cape in time happens tonight I will be amazed, still, my winners are *drumroll*

British Male: David Bowie

British Female: Anohni (Zac Quinn is talking nonsense if he thinks none of the Female acts should win tbh)

British Group: Radiohead

British Breakthrough: Stormzy

British Single: no idea, literally not heard a single one of them (I don't listen to the radio)

British Album: Kano - Made in the Manor

British Artist Video: not seen any of them

Int Male Solo: Bon Iver

Int Female Solo: Solange

Int Group: A Tribe Called Quest

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

I'm usually firmly in the 'you're entitled to your opinion' camp but no no no and more no. Everything that could possibly be wrong with a cover is wrong with that cover - it's by a Simon Cowell talent show alumni, it's more successful and acknowledged than the original, people think it was written by him not Robyn, it completely misses the self-empowerment subtext of the original and turns it into a funeral march about feeling sorry for yourself, the fact it's been an important gay anthem for years but now straight people are appropriating it, the fact he has the most annoying 'singing' voice since the invention of singing, it's just horrendous

Also as a side note he copied the arrangement from a YouTube cover so he deserves no 'credit' for that either, please and thank you.

Plus he doesn't even attempt the Robyn dance! Amateur.

4 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Do we have a Brits drinking game to play along with? surely we can cobble together some rules....

Drink every time something shit happens. 

You'll be c**ted by 11pm. 

Beaten to it by Yeti. 

Edited by Woffy

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

Bit weird that in 2017 we still have awards for music decided by gender. I bet we don't in five years time. 

The BRits is the kind of thing where you imagine that if there weren't specific categories for women then women would just get totally ignored (e.g. look at this year's Best Album nominees ffs), from that perspective I don't know that it'd be such a good thing for it to be a free for all tbh

5 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

The BRits is the kind of thing where you imagine that if there weren't specific categories for women then women would just get totally ignored (e.g. look at this year's Best Album nominees ffs), from that perspective I don't know that it'd be such a good thing for it to be a free for all tbh

I hadn't thought of it that way, but you make a good point. 

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Seemingly her lack of nominations was the last straw for her label because she was dropped within days. So pathetic 

Mrs Q's working late.  Pizza ordered from the posh wood fired pizza van that comes to the village on a Wednesday. Tim to turn ont' telly.