Shindig Weekender

Homer

Just looked and surprised there's not a thread for this. Falls on my 41st and my brother's 40th so a big group of us will be going.

There is currently a buy 5 get 6th ticket deal on so is only £85 odd each. And everyone I know who has been raves about it. Has anyone been?

Line-up a cracker  for the money (in a middle-aged raver kind of a way!).

http://shindig-events.co.uk/line-up/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2017 at 8:28 AM, Ducky89 said:

Great little festival, great spot!

Nice one, are you going? 11 days to go and looking forward to it - if I can do three days of pretty sold dance music.

That five hours of D&B on the Sunday night is going to be like one of those particularly harsh winters that comes along and relieves us of a few of the older folk!

10 hours ago, Ducky89 said:

I'm working, it's my best mates farm, come grab say hello and grab a hog roast :)

Nice one, will do. My first time (though I did go to the launch party, which was great) and am looking forward to it!

9 minutes ago, rumpola said:

Me and a few mates are going to this too. Managed to blag a few tickets from someone working there. 

Definitely a middle-aged raver vibe going on. I just hope my old bones can take the punishment. 

Sure you will be fine - we are all in it together on that front!

Also, forecast is looking good currently!

Yep, all in it together and I'm sure it will be a good un. Line up is pretty excellent too.

The forecast is looking good but if there's one thing the glastonbury weather threads have taught me over the years is never trust long range forecasts  (unless Jackone does them). Unfortunately, I haven't managed to get tickets for glastonbury so may just hit this one bandy instead.

• 7 months later...
32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

website's a bit shit, it has those listed as 2017 line-up (tho I know it's not).

Not sure what they are playing at. They seem to do most of their updates via Facebook - but only half of the ones listed there are on their Facebook page for some reason.

• 3 months later...
On 5/13/2018 at 7:18 PM, rumpola said:

Is anyone else going to this? I have been given a free ticket as I know a few people that are involved with it.

Excellent line up, especially if you are an old school raver.

I'm going again - was really good last year! Last year all the rave DJs played in one big chunk in the beach bar (complete with sand) on the Saturday afternoon. From the day splits, looks like a repeat (and the drum and bass DJs in there on the Sunday afternoon).

How storm-ready is this festival would you say? We could be in for some crazy weather during the day on Saturday and possibly Sunday too. No-one else seems to be mentioning the forecast, I almost wish I hadn't looked now... it WILL be fine BUT it would be nice to know that there are plenty of big covered areas I severely hope

8 hours ago, manifest said:

How storm-ready is this festival would you say? We could be in for some crazy weather during the day on Saturday and possibly Sunday too. No-one else seems to be mentioning the forecast, I almost wish I hadn't looked now... it WILL be fine BUT it would be nice to know that there are plenty of big covered areas I severely hope

Every stage is under cover