baggienick68

There are some years that really stand out for music. For instance 1997 was excellent with OK Computer and many more. For me though 1967 was amazing and unbelievably this music is now 50 years old. Really can't believe it. I would love a little psychedelic club in the SE corner playing some of this stuff. Incense burning, oil wheels etc. Would be great. Or maybe I'm just old. Anyway here is a list of just some of the albums that came out in 1967.

Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band – The Beatles

The Velvet Underground and Nico – The Velvet Underground and Nico

The Doors – The Doors

Are You Experienced – Jimi Hendrix

Forever Changes – Love

The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn – Pink Floyd

Songs Of Leonard Cohen – Leonard Cohen

Disraeli Gears – Cream

Strange Days – The Doors

Surrealistic Pillow – Jefferson Airplane

Days Of Future Passed – The Moody Blues

The Who Sell Out – The Who

Safe As Milk – Captain Beefheart

Goodbye Hello – Tim Buckley

John Wesley Hardin – Bob Dylan

Younger Than Yesterday – The Byrds

Their Santanic Majesties Request – The Rolling Stones

Between The Buttons - The Rolling Stones

Absolutely Free – The Mothers Of Invention

Buffalo Springfield Again - Buffalo Springfield

Smiley Smile – The Beach Boys

Moby Grape – Moby Grape

After Bathing At Baxters – Jefferson Airplane

Mr Fantasy – Traffic

Electric Music For Mind And Body – Country Joe And The Fish

The 5000 Spirits Or The Layers Of The Onion – The Incredible String Band

Miles Smiles – Miles Davis

The Grateful Dead – The Grateful Dead

A Hard Road – John Mayall And The Bluesbreakers

London Conversation – John Martyn

Cosmic Tunes For Mental Therapy – Sun Ra

David Bowie – David Bowie

Some absolutely incredible records on that list... saw Arthur Lee & Love do Forever Changes at the Royal Festival Hall in London (the show filmed for the DVD) and it was a wonderful thing.  Chose to see some other stuff when they rocked up at Glasto to do it, part of me does regret that but lucky to see him a few times back then.  

I strongly urge anyone who finds themselves with some spare time in London over the next month to check out the Revolution exhibition at the V&A. It's an exhibition that focuses on the cultural changes from about 65 to 69 in music, fashion, film and wider society such as racial issues. They've got John and George's Sgt Pepper coats for example and a huge room dedicated to Woodstock.

Went last week, it's really cool.

Edited by Hugh Jass

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I strongly urge anyone who finds themselves with some spare time in London over the next month to check out the Revolution exhibition at the V&A. It's an exhibition that focuses on the cultural changes from about 65 to 69 in music, fashion, film and wider society such as racial issues. They've got John and George's Sgt Pepper coats for example and a huge room dedicated to Woodstock.

Went last week, it's really cool.

Would love to see this, but not in town until after it's ended. Will definitely go to the Floyd exhibition though.

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Loads of people died that year too. If in doubt on a quiz, always answer 1967, it was the 2016 of the 60s.

Also the year I was born

latest?cb=20130908233554

I used to go swimming at a fitness centre every morning at 6.30am before going to work. There was an old bloke who swam (and posed) there just like the man above. It was all a little nauseating at that time of the morning to be honest. I suspect it was at other times of the day too, if he was still there. The oldest 'swinger' in town!