Download 2018

Hart Attack

41 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I'm not feeling it after the first few listens. It's not vastly different from the majority of IRE but I find it quite uninteresting really.

I agree, this one kinda lacks the replay value for me that a lot of Ire had. I've seen a lot of people saying it's the Vice Grip of 'Reverence' but I can't really see that. I enjoyed Vice Grip but I'm struggling to be excited about this one. Wishing Wells on the other hand...

On 3/13/2018 at 5:09 PM, Bandit Tom said:

That lineup would sell awfully, there's nothing there that appeals to the younger majority who will be the ones going and camping for 5 days - 2 days of classic rock acts is pushing it for Download, let alone 3.

Classic Rock? Do you even know the bands I've listed?
Sell awfully? Than explain Graspop to me please.

On 3/13/2018 at 6:08 PM, Steve1000 said:

Main thing I'm wondering is why you think metalcore needs to be separated from the rest of the lineup.

Because most of Metalcore fans aren't Heavy/Thrash/Power/Prog/Death/Black/whatever Metal fans, but are alt-rock/emo fans. It's a younger crowd and usually they don't mix with the old-school crowd. I believe it'd be better if DL would use his 4 stages wisely, like Hellfest does, so that different genres will be played on different stages, rather than have Marilyn Manson as the "perfect Ozzy sub", while the two have completely different sounds and crowds

1 hour ago, IamGroot said:

Classic Rock? Do you even know the bands I've listed?
Sell awfully? Than explain Graspop to me please.

Because most of Metalcore fans aren't Heavy/Thrash/Power/Prog/Death/Black/whatever Metal fans, but are alt-rock/emo fans. It's a younger crowd and usually they don't mix with the old-school crowd. I believe it'd be better if DL would use his 4 stages wisely, like Hellfest does, so that different genres will be played on different stages, rather than have Marilyn Manson as the "perfect Ozzy sub", while the two have completely different sounds and crowds

What you're saying about "perfect subs" and "different sounds and crowds" entirely goes out the window when you suggest a main stage of GNR / Heloween / Gojira / Opeth / Lachuna Coil. FWIW I think stylistically, Manson under Ozzy works perfectly.

All these things you're saying don't actually matter at all, you're just desperately trying to justify why they should book a lineup that you like by making up bullshit pointless rules that wouldn't benefit anyone apart from yourself.

Also Hellfest main stages have a range of styles, and Download has a stage for Alt/core bands as you like to call them. But why does it matter?

Edited by Steve1000

17 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

What you're saying about "perfect subs" and "different sounds and crowds" entirely goes out the window when you suggest a main stage of GNR / Heloween / Gojira / Opeth / Lachuna Coil. FWIW I think stylistically, Manson under Ozzy works perfectly.

All these things you're saying don't actually matter at all, you're just desperately trying to justify why they should book a lineup that you like by making up bullshit pointless rules that wouldn't benefit anyone apart from yourself.

Also Hellfest main stages have a range of styles, and Download has a stage for Alt/core bands as you like to call them. But why does it matter?

Both Helloween and Gojira open shows for GnR this summer. Opeth and Gojira has a simmilar sound, and they both aren't far from Lacuna Coil and AtG. Hellfest main stages are classified as Hard Rock/Thrash stages, as said on their web site.

And sure, why would I even suggest a lineup that I want? If I wanted to suggest one I'm not pleased with, it might as well been the current one.

• Downvote 1

On 3/16/2018 at 9:06 PM, Andre91 said:

Gojira aren’t far from Lacuna Coil? Come off it :lol: 

Lacuna Coil have played before Opeth and Cradle of Filth before, and AtG and In Flames have played before Lacuna Coil, in DL. Except for Vocals, their sound is quite similar to those bands, and also to Gojira's. I bet all of you geniuses that criticize my suggestion don't even know the bands I've listed.

• Downvote 3

6 hours ago, IamGroot said:

Lacuna Coil have played before Opeth and Cradle of Filth before, and AtG and In Flames have played before Lacuna Coil, in DL. Except for Vocals, their sound is quite similar to those bands, and also to Gojira's. I bet all of you geniuses that criticize my suggestion don't even know the bands I've listed.

Gojira are nothing like those bands, genius. 

3 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Despite Copping saying they hadn't pulled out, Black Veil Brides have removed Download from their website.

Could be that they haven't put it on there yet. Don't think they've been confirmed for what day they doing yet have they? Think some bands wait until they get announced what day they're playing to avoid confusing people. 

On 27/02/2018 at 6:49 PM, Andre91 said:

Rolo Tomassi’s new album is incredible. Album of the Year stuff for sure. 

Finally got round to listening to this this morning and yep, it’s very very good. They’ve always been ace but they’ve stepped things up with this one and I think they’ve found the perfect scream/sing dynamic.

Aftermath is so euphoric, I love it. A Flood of Light is so powerful too and I LOVE the part in Alma Mata when Eva screams TIME WILL DIE AND LOVE WILL BURY IT. 

Absolutely my album of the year so far and I can’t see it shifting. I am so excited for their set at Download.

• Like 1

Any dates for when the loyalty scheme stuff will be sent out? Completed all my info earlier in the year. Just cautious as I got rejected last year (on a technicality!), so don't want to miss out on 10 free pints of tuborg.

On 3/21/2018 at 5:59 PM, Andre91 said:

Aftermath is so euphoric, I love it. A Flood of Light is so powerful too and I LOVE the part in Alma Mata when Eva screams TIME WILL DIE AND LOVE WILL BURY IT. 

Absolutely my album of the year so far and I can’t see it shifting. I am so excited for their set at Download.

I'm in Berlin on Friday night looking for something to do. I saw your post then checked them out cos I saw they were playing then via Songkick, liked it, now I'm going to see Rolo Tomassi in Berlin on Friday night. Strange how things work out!

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Moey said:

21 new bands added.

Says that it's Avatars first appearance on the main stage. Pretty damn sure I saw them open the stage 2 years ago! Deffo seeing them again this year though.

thoughs on the rest? 

Looks as though you're right

image.png.067eed94e9c6472f46485d7a0e671a03.png