Download 2018

Hart Attack

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

I'm unconvinced by their new album but Weezer are welcome to a top spot on the bill anytime. More than enough hits to carry a ~70 minute sub / second stage headline slot. Were on top form at Wembley last night. 

I think the first half of the album is great but it definitely drops off after that, which is a shame considering how amazing the White Album is. 

Fully agree, though. They were absolutely awesome at Wembley last night. It was one giant party. The World Has Turned... was my biggest highlight :D  

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think the first half of the album is great but it definitely drops off after that, which is a shame considering how amazing the White Album is. 

Fully agree, though. They were absolutely awesome at Wembley last night. It was one giant party. The World Has Turned... was my biggest highlight :D  

I’m the other way around, I think the first half is kinda week but then towards the end it picks up, Sweet Mary, La Mancha Screwjob and Any Friend of Diane’s are all pretty good songs!

Either way they were fantastic last night at Wembley!

Thought I'd squeeze in a last prediction before the announcement:

NINE INCH NAILS, Enter Shikari Parkway Drive, Trivium, Skindred, Stick To Your Guns, The One Hundred
// Placebo, Anthrax
// The All-American Rejects

AVENGED SEVENFOLD, Stone Sour, Ghost, Rival Sons, Napalm Death, Marmozets, Code Orange
// The Offspring, Neck Deep
// Refused

OZZY OSBOURNE, Black Stone Cherry, Architects, Black Veil Brides, Papa Roach, The Interrupters, Gnarwolves
// Weezer, At The Drive-In
// PVRIS

Just now, pete76 said:

Foos, A7F, Marilyn Manson, 30seconds to Mars, Rise Against, Enter Shikari, Good Charlotte, Black Stone Cherry, Jimmy Eat World... for Rock am Ring

that is one sh*t hot announcement, i so wish DL would get foos but i know it's not happening :(

A7X / Marilyn Manson / Architects

Foos / Enter Shikari / Parkway Drive

GNR / Stone Sour / Ghost

swap Foos with Ozzy and you've got a more realistic prediction haha

8 minutes ago, callum97 said:

that is one sh*t hot announcement, i so wish DL would get foos but i know it's not happening :(

A7X / Marilyn Manson / Architects

Foos / Enter Shikari / Parkway Drive

GNR / Stone Sour / Ghost

swap Foos with Ozzy and you've got a more realistic prediction haha

Forgot to mention A Perfect Circle, Stone Sour, Body Count, Asking Alexandria

Asking Alexandria, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Stone Cherry, Body Count, Bullet For My Valentine, Bury Tomorrow, Enter Shikari, Hollywood Undead, Jimmy Eat World, Parkway Drive, Rise Against, Stone Sour are likely? I guess Marilyn Manson too maybe?

Thirty Seconds from Mars headlining is a weird sight too :blink:.

Edited by JSmurphy

3 minutes ago, SOAD said:

Guessing we are getting 30stm again at Download. They headlined Rock Am last time they subbed Download so could sub again but guess they are on route to headline so maybe headline.

I doubt they'll headline, and just imagine the absolute insane shitshow that would go down if they did (especially paired with A7X).

2 minutes ago, KingPin said:

I doubt they'll headline, and just imagine the absolute insane shitshow that would go down if they did (especially paired with A7X).

My Chem headlined. Would it really be that different? Except My Chem are a lot bette. 30stm have a longer history with Download though. Done the whole mid main, headline second and sub main thing.

Edited by SOAD

2 minutes ago, SOAD said:

My Chem headlined. Would it really be that different? Except My Chem are a lot bette. 30stm have a longer history with Download though. Done the whole mid main, headline second and sub main thing.

I can see them subbing but paired with which headliner as there a no rumours this year of any headliner that would go well with 30stm as an undercard

16 minutes ago, SOAD said:

MCR were absolutely HUGE when then headlined Download.....Plus were alongside Linkin Park when they were at their biggest and Iron Maiden....who are also a miles bigger band than Avenged are.

Edited by KingPin

5 minutes ago, KingPin said:

MCR were absolutely HUGE when then headlined Download.....

30stm are huge. How many successful arena tours have they done now. Already sold out most of Standing on their current tour. They've done more successful arena tours than a lot of bands we discuss to headline Download. Not as big as MCR were but they have been in the spotlight a lot longer. Plus they have a movie star as the lead singer. It all screams eventual headliner.

Edited by SOAD

7 minutes ago, SOAD said:

30stm are huge. How many successful arena tours have they done now. Already sold out most of Standing on their current tour. They've done more successful arena tours than a lot of bands we discuss to headline Download. Not as big as MCR were but they have been in the spotlight a lot longer. Plus they have a movie star as the lead singer. It all screams eventual headliner.

They're on the way down. No chance they're ever headlining Download.