Download 2018

Hart Attack

1 hour ago, Jack w said:

havent been to download before but seriously looking to go next year, is it like reading where there are acts still playing at the other stages while the main headliners or on or do all the other stages finish before the main headliners?

Only if it's a headliner they've decided you can't miss

15 hours ago, Jack w said:

havent been to download before but seriously looking to go next year, is it like reading where there are acts still playing at the other stages while the main headliners or on or do all the other stages finish before the main headliners?

It depends on the headliner. This year they had Rob Zombie and Simple Plan against Biffy and then they had Sum 41 and Exodus against System of a Down. However, they had absolutely nobody against Aerosmith. I think the year before they had All Time Low up against Rammstein and some of NOFX against Black Sabbath, but then again they had absolutely nobody up against Iron Maiden on the Sunday. 

If you're used to Reading or Slam Dunk etc where there's 3 or 4 acts up against the headline you will definitely be very disappointed.  

9 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

That's shit

Got a link?

http://www.byzegut.fr/2017/09/guns-n-roses-ozzy-osbourne-avec-zakk.html

Download France, mind. Worth remembering he puts a question mark after stuff that's just rumours, and doesn't when it's solid info.

He's also given Metallica as a Download rumour and Iron Maiden as a Hellfest rumour so far - judging by these rumoured headliners I think those two festivals are fully at war.

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

http://www.byzegut.fr/2017/09/guns-n-roses-ozzy-osbourne-avec-zakk.html

Download France, mind. Worth remembering he puts a question mark after stuff that's just rumours, and doesn't when it's solid info.

He's also given Metallica as a Download rumour and Iron Maiden as a Hellfest rumour so far - judging by these rumoured headliners I think those two festivals are fully at war.

I didn't realise it was for France! Still, must make them quite likely at least. 

Avenged Sevenfold, Guns 'N Roses and Ozzy is very strong. Imagine if it was Metallica in place of A7X. 

Edited by Andre91

47 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I didn't realise it was for France! Still, must make them quite likely at least. 

Avenged Sevenfold, Guns 'N Roses and Ozzy is very strong. Imagine if it was Metallica in place of A7X. 

If it’s true, sure. But it doesn’t mean they’ll share all three as there are still barriers between countries, eg. Green Day doing BST this year instead. Out of those I’d imagine GNR missing out and Download UK sharing A7x with Hellfest. Metallica still seem infinitely more likely than anyone else at the moment.

VOLBEAT TO SUB. 

Avenged Sevenfold / Marilyn Manson / Parkway Drive / Black Veil Brides / Hatebreed / The Art Is Murder / The One Hundred 

Ghost / Behemoth / Paradise Lost 

New Found Glory 

Metallica / Stone Sour / Architects / Trivium / While She Sleeps / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / The Bronx / Code Orange 

Placebo / At The Drive In / Napalm Death 

PVRIS 

Ozzy Osbourne / Volbeat / Alice In Chains / Rival Sons / Ugly Kid Joe / Avatar / Blackberry Smoke / Tubowolf

You Me At Six / Jimmy Eat World / Neck Deep 

Converge

Edited by Andre91

5 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I don't think BMTH will headline, nor do I think GNR will headline. If I had to guess, I'd say Andre has it right.

They've been so quiet. I'm not expecting anything from them until at least autumn 2018. I guess they could surprise us but the turn around between Sempiternal and TTS was really quick, they never really stopped touring for longer than a few months before they started teasing new material. When they do return, I think Reading will get them anyway. 

Stone Sour's arena tour isn't selling well so I'd like to see them third down instead of sub. I think they'd only get sub on the merit of it being Corey anyway. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

nah, just that Download decided they didn't want high profile here, so they're being given what they wanted.

I'm sure they don't really care with their own busy forums and that but your traffic has definitely gone down since it moved. Hope you can work it out with them. Difficult when AC is such a twat I imagine.

8 hours ago, KingPin said:

And why is this (sorry I missed any explanation if you have previously given one)?

I'll sum it up for you, because the booking agent/half booking agent now is a massive dick, believes he is what he isn't, that he can book what he can't, that he's booked what he hasn't for his own entertainment then calls his made up wishful thinking posters......accidental hacks and that bands want to play his fest that simple don't!

I await the Copping brigade!

Ghost debuted a new Papa Emeritus at the weekend, saying the Middle Ages are here. 

Would seem like they will be starting new album stuff seeing how Meliora will be three years old in 2018. 

Definitely see them headlining second stage or playing third down Main. They're going to just get bigger and bigger.