Hart Attack

Download 2018

Steve1000    4
59 minutes ago, Moey said:

Really don't see the appeal of Ozzy coming back. Just doesn't do it for me, but then again it never has.

would rather see a new headliner than keep flogging that horse.

Ozzy is a new headliner tbf

seant007    1
12 hours ago, Moey said:

Really don't see the appeal of Ozzy coming back. Just doesn't do it for me, but then again it never has.

would rather see a new headliner than keep flogging that horse.

I'm banking on Metallica being there. Would like Avenged too as I missed their headline slot last time due to throwing up in my tent....

as for the 3rd headliner. Green Day would be awesome. Just please not Ozzy or Def doing a Hysteria run through! And let's have something decent headlining the 2nd stage if they do plump on Ozzy.

Ozzy wont be that bad, he's got Zakk with him, that'll be a wicked final performance 

seant007    1

I'm betting a lot on Green Day, BMTH, and Ax7  as the headliners, Metallica waited too long to hit download at this point with hardwired imo. 

And plus these are three young bands with each willing to play new material by the time they hit the stage next year, and this lineup is balanced as well.

dentalplan    4,076
2 minutes ago, seant007 said:

I'm betting a lot on Green Day, BMTH, and Ax7  as the headliners, Metallica waited too long to hit download at this point with hardwired imo. 

And plus these are three young bands with each willing to play new material by the time they hit the stage next year, and this lineup is balanced as well.

Exactly how much are you betting on that? :lol:

Green Day certainly aren't a young band (A7X is a stretch too!) and their last album came out a month before Hardwired did, and no they won't have a new record out by next summer. Green Day have also done their arena tour and their summer festival run and they're notoriously rare across this side of the pond. Metallica, however, are here every summer but have kept away for a couple of years, have only just started their arena tour here and the second leg of the tour ends just before European festival season so they are quite likely to stick around.

On 9/17/2017 at 11:13 PM, seant007 said:

There's literally no chance those 3 are the headliners. Avenged are probably there but there's no way they get paired with Bring Me and Green Day. 

KingPin    83

I think Avenged are the most certain out of the acts being talked about, and even though I think it's unlikely I'd love NIN to be there, thinking something like this:

NIN, Enter Shikari, Volbeat

Bullet For My Valentine

Metallica, Stone Sour, Architects

You Me at Six

Avenged Sevenfold, Marilyn Manson, Parkway Drive

Within Temptation

FloorFiller    2,007

Not that it should come as any surprise to me/anybody but Marilyn Manson's new album is as mediocre as they come. Either he changed his mind about the sound half way through or he's totally forgotten what Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals sound like because this one sounds like neither and could've been released any time in the last ten years. 

New Machine Head album out in January though so got high hopes for that - they haven't made a misstep since Through the Ashes of Empires imo, and hopefully Download will at least give them the sub slot they deserve.

Andre91    428
9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not that it should come as any surprise to me/anybody but Marilyn Manson's new album is as mediocre as they come. Either he changed his mind about the sound half way through or he's totally forgotten what Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals sound like because this one sounds like neither and could've been released any time in the last ten years. 

New Machine Head album out in January though so got high hopes for that - they haven't made a misstep since Through the Ashes of Empires imo, and hopefully Download will at least give them the sub slot they deserve.

MH aren't doing festivals still. Said they aren't playing '45 minute slots, or supporting some DJ or playing parking lots in the rain.' They will be playing for two and a half hours and only headlining. 

I think if they carry on holding off on festivals for a few more years and if their new album does well then they could headline Download in the next few years. God knows they deserve it. 

dentalplan    4,076
On 20/09/2017 at 7:09 AM, Andre91 said:

MH aren't doing festivals still. Said they aren't playing '45 minute slots, or supporting some DJ or playing parking lots in the rain.' They will be playing for two and a half hours and only headlining. 

I think if they carry on holding off on festivals for a few more years and if their new album does well then they could headline Download in the next few years. God knows they deserve it. 

They're not gonna get rewarded for not playing festivals, and they likely won't get big enough without doing 'em either.

Steve1000    4
1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

:offtopic:Screenshot_20170921-191414.thumb.png.ef24f1e1942805290d4cf8e7102bff53.png

Screenshot_20170921-192257.png

SOAD too, not seen the full lineup though. 

Fucking wish I could go to that

EDIT - And don't worry there was never a topic in the first place :P

Edited by Steve1000

DomDom1984    147

Listened to the Enter Shikari album. A couple of disappointing moments, but most of it is absolutely incredible IMO.

• Upvote 1

Steve1000    4

Avenged Sevenfold / Weezer / Stone Sour 

Alice In Chains

Metallica / Judas Priest / Architects

Panic! At the disco

Ozzy / Nine Inch Nails / Marylin Manson

Parkway Drive

KingPin    83
2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Avenged Sevenfold / Weezer / Stone Sour 

Alice In Chains

Metallica / Judas Priest / Architects

Panic! At the disco

Ozzy / Nine Inch Nails / Marylin Manson

Parkway Drive

There's no way NIN will sub IMO, also Stone Sour are bigger than Weezer.

Andre91    428
5 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Listened to the Enter Shikari album. A couple of disappointing moments, but most of it is absolutely incredible IMO.

I've had it for a week now and I also think it is wonderful. Some of the lyrics on this album are astounding. My highlight is the mammoth chorus on Take My Country Back. 

• Downvote 1

Steve1000    4
3 hours ago, KingPin said:

There's no way NIN will sub IMO, also Stone Sour are bigger than Weezer.

Dont see why not, subbed every other festival, why in 2017 will they start demanding headline slots?

Guess you could alternate the two but Weezer certainly feel the bigger band to me

KingPin    83
5 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Dont see why not, subbed every other festival, why in 2017 will they start demanding headline slots?

Guess you could alternate the two but Weezer certainly feel the bigger band to me

They've only ever subbed RnL in this country, and last time that happened Trent lost the plot, he's not doing that again, plus they could legitimately headline Download outright anyway. 

Nah Stone Sour are significantly bigger, they're about to do a multiple arena date tour, whereas Weezer are still only doing academies outside of London where they're doing Wembley, also Stone Sour are a band on the up and will headliner Download one day, Weezer won't.

Steve1000    4
56 minutes ago, KingPin said:

They've only ever subbed RnL in this country, and last time that happened Trent lost the plot, he's not doing that again, plus they could legitimately headline Download outright anyway. 

Nah Stone Sour are significantly bigger, they're about to do a multiple arena date tour, whereas Weezer are still only doing academies outside of London where they're doing Wembley, also Stone Sour are a band on the up and will headliner Download one day, Weezer won't.

Soni 09

And they might be a bigger band, but the future headliner things irrelevant. Even if a band is a future headliner, if they're smaller now they should play smaller slots now. Like saying Marmozets are a future headliner so should play higher than Judas Priest

KingPin    83
1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

Soni 09

And they might be a bigger band, but the future headliner things irrelevant. Even if a band is a future headliner, if they're smaller now they should play smaller slots now. Like saying Marmozets are a future headliner so should play higher than Judas Priest

Yeah but regardless of the headliner thing Stone Sour ARE a bigger band right now