Download 2018

Hart Attack

43 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Paramore won't headline/play Download, especially now that they've more or less completely moved away from their original pop/punk direction. They always would've been a risky headliner but there's nothing left in their sound that would make them an appropriate Download headliner these days. 

I don't think it's impossible but I highly doubt it will happen

The majority of their fan base are the Kerrang/ Pop punk crowd which especially after 2017 certainly has a place here, I think they'd go down decently

7 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I don't think it's impossible but I highly doubt it will happen

The majority of their fan base are the Kerrang/ Pop punk crowd which especially after 2017 certainly has a place here, I think they'd go down decently

But for a festival that seems totally against taking any kind of risk they're undoubtedly a step too far away from the norm. If people are complaining about Muse and Biffy, acts who have their heavier guitar driven moments, then I can just imagine the backlash to Paramore who are basically just a pop act now with some new wave influence, and I imagine Copping would rather just book Metallica and Slipknot again and it go down without a fuss.

13 minutes ago, stevieg1993 said:

Only time I see Paramore playing at Download is a gimmicky thing like 15th yr off Misery Business. Only 5 yrs time.

Well Riots 10 year anniversary was this year. Dont really see how or why you'd celebrate a single, are they just gonna go up, play misery business and nothing else then leave?

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Avenged Sevenfold / Marilyn Manson / Architects 

Ghost

Nine Inch Nails / Enter Shikari / Placebo 

Parkway Drive 

Metallica / Stone Sour / Volbeat 

You Me At Six

I'd agree with everything expect NIN headlining, i just don't think they will draw as many people in. I think they are a strong undercard but not a headliner but that's my opinion.

35 minutes ago, callum97 said:

I'd agree with everything expect NIN headlining, i just don't think they will draw as many people in. I think they are a strong undercard but not a headliner but that's my opinion.

I completely get that. I thinks it's more wanting it to happen :P I would say BMTH but there has been absolutely no activity or news from them. Mind you, TTS was a quick turn around. 

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I completely get that. I thinks it's more wanting it to happen :P I would say BMTH but there has been absolutely no activity or news from them. Mind you, TTS was a quick turn around. 

Haha yeah they would put on a great performance for sure. Yeah that's my only doubts, Oli Sykes has just got married again? and I know jordan is spending time with child so i'm not sure when they are planning on releasing new music. I can actually see Foo's being booked now.

Avenged  Sevenfold / Foos / Metallica

57 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Architects have a new song and it is bloody fantastic. It's a song that Tom started writing but didn't get to finish. It sounds MASSIVE. They're the best metal band on the planet right now. 

AC needs to give them third down in 2018. He just has to. 

Their new song is bangin! They deserve 3rd down on the main stage nothing lower. While She Sleeps need to be on the main stage too, 4th maybe 5th down at the lowest. BMTH headline that day and Oli Sykes to come out for Silence Speaks. :P