Download 2018

Hart Attack

Avenged Sevenfold / Marilyn Manson / Parkway Drive / Black Veil Brides / Hatebreed / Stick To Your Guns / Code Orange 

Poison / Blue Oyster Cult 

Converge

Nine Inch Nails / Enter Shikari / Placebo / Trivium / While She Sleeps / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Thy Art Is Murder / The One Hundred 

Ghost / Behemoth 

Neck Deep 

Metallica / Stone Sour / Volbeat / Alice In Chains / Ugly Kid Joe / Avatar / Alien Ant Farm / Blackberry Smoke

You Me At Six / At The Drive In 

Beartooth 

Edited by Andre91

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:22 PM, Jack_FM said:

I would've thought the 'Special Guest' slot in 2009 was Download's version of a co-headliner. Although I could be wrong, has there ever been a co-headliner at Download?

I don't think there has.  Not sure how it would work at a 1 site event...for Leeds/Reading, they swap billing over the 2 nights, so each one 'headlines', but for DL, one has to play above the other and have the preferred dark set. 

Architects have half sold Ally Pally in two hours. Jesus Christ, does that make me proud. I think the sky is the limit for them. They absolutely levelled the place at Leeds. I was going nuts obviously, but the amount of people who you can tell aren't fans of them that were watching were utterly transfixed and couldn't take their eyes off the stage. Bold claim but I can see them headlining Download one day. If anyone deserves it, it's them. 

Sam also said yesterday that they are beginning writing a new album now, too. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Avenged Sevenfold / Marilyn Manson / Parkway Drive / Black Veil Brides / Hatebreed / Stick To Your Guns / Code Orange 

Poison / Blue Oyster Cult 

Converge

Nine Inch Nails / Enter Shikari / Placebo / Trivium / While She Sleeps / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Thy Art Is Murder / The One Hundred 

Ghost / Behemoth 

Neck Deep 

Metallica / Stone Sour / Volbeat / Alice In Chains / Ugly Kid Joe / Avatar / Alien Ant Farm / Blackberry Smoke

You Me At Six / At The Drive In 

Beartooth 

Could see BMTH easily replacing NIN if they don't get placed.

the only problem though is it seems that there's  more metal than rock as far as headliners go.

Edited by RockCatNamedBob

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH are a great Pop headliner. How's that for variety. 

they're about as much pop as a band like Biffy Clyro tbh, so don't go ratting on them being unnecessary for the weekend 

download will never allow a pop band to headline anyway, it's a rock festival mate!

Edited by RockCatNamedBob

6 minutes ago, RockCatNamedBob said:

they're about as much pop as a band like Biffy Clyro tbh, so don't go ratting on them being unnecessary for the weekend 

download will never allow a pop band to headline anyway, it's a rock festival mate!

You need to calm yourself down, 'mate'. Understand when people are taking the piss, 'mate'. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Totally oblivious to the rock and metal world, me.

why are you stating that your the whole embodiment of the world of rock and metal if your profile states that your a "pop- punk connoisseur"?

That's why I stated keeping to reality, because you are being a hypocrite about this sir. 

9 hours ago, RockCatNamedBob said:

why are you stating that your the whole embodiment of the world of rock and metal if your profile states that your a "pop- punk connoisseur"?

That's why I stated keeping to reality, because you are being a hypocrite about this sir. 

You're a strange man. 

Just to add some flames to an already pretty shit argument............................NIN are considered to be electropop and industrial metal as well as industrial rock. In summary, replacing them with BMTH would just make the festival more shit and less industrial. The popness and metalness would stay about the same :)

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

All this just because I clearly sarcastically called BMTH a pop band :lol: like I'm the first person to do that. Come on. 

I agree with you. They used to be a shit metal band with a singer who couldn't perform live and now they're a shit pop band with a singer who can't perform live. :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, devilman said:

I agree with you. They used to be a shit metal band with a singer who couldn't perform live and now they're a shit pop band with a singer who can't perform live. :)

Whilst I disagree with the first part as I think Suicide Season, There Is A Hell... and Sempiternal are all 10/10 albums, Oli has always been crap live but these days he's the worst he's ever been. Can't scream like on the new or old records, can sing like on the new or old records. He's just there to look pretty, isn't he. 

21 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Whilst I disagree with the first part as I think Suicide Season, There Is A Hell... and Sempiternal are all 10/10 albums, Oli has always been crap live but these days he's the worst he's ever been. Can't scream like on the new or old records, can sing like on the new or old records. He's just there to look pretty, isn't he. 

Aye whilst he's unarguably the weakest part of their live show it's hard to argue that they wouldn't be where they are now without his good looks carrying them for the start of their career. 

He really is godawful these days though to the point that it looks like he's given up even trying to act like he can sing/scream. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye whilst he's unarguably the weakest part of their live show it's hard to argue that they wouldn't be where they are now without his good looks carrying them for the start of their career. 

He really is godawful these days though to the point that it looks like he's given up even trying to act like he can sing/scream. 

Oh, yeah. For sure. He's a massive part of why they've got to where they are. As far as frontmen go image wise in the modern era, he's right up there. Instantly recognisable. 

He really is a shambles now. 

On 31/08/2017 at 8:49 AM, gary1979666 said:

I don't think there has.  Not sure how it would work at a 1 site event...for Leeds/Reading, they swap billing over the 2 nights, so each one 'headlines', but for DL, one has to play above the other and have the preferred dark set. 

When QOTSA and Paramore did the Reading/Leeds co-headline a few years back, I remember reading suggestions they would alternate tracks :D:P Battle of the Bands style! 

17 minutes ago, Jack_FM said:

Would love to see LOG again. Always awesome when they play. Any chance they'll return in 2018?

Sadly not. They've just finished touring and Randy said they are taking quite a while off for their own sanity. We don't need a repeat of that video :P 

Edited by Andre91