Download 2018

Hart Attack

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

It manages to concentrate the worst of the main stage, so it actually kind of makes the Main Stage undercard look better on the other two days.

Sunday is a great day. So good it manages to clash loads of quality acts and leaves the other days pretty sparse.

Does anyone find it strange that there's no Chris Cornell or Chester Bennington tribute attached to a stage name or anything? I know plenty don't find it of any use but it seems like something the festival would do. Particularly odd given that Copping claimed (don't quite believe it personally) that Linkin Park were due to headline this year.

Sunday has Rise Against, LTJ and Manson all clashing and that is my Sunday. I wouldn't want to miss any LTJ for RA and vice versa.

Saturday undercard was never going to be as strong as I'd hoped but not one act bar WTSR which isn't enough made that day, I've also never seen them up the price for any other act any day...even AC/DC.

Tbf 2014 was the last time and tbh 4 years later sounds about right for them, not done a UK Festival shoe since and I firmly believe they would have headlined over A7X no problem at all, that would have probably got me a day ticket as I'd have seen the main headliner plus another 3 bands.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

There won’t be another band on main on the Friday. Friday starts at 1pm compared to 11am on the rest of the days so there is always less bands on the Friday. Great to see Marmozets playing so high. Volbeat / Andrew WK is the only killer clash for me going by the clashfinder. 

Boston Manor > Employed To Serve > Ded > Stray From The Path > CKY > Andrew WK > Bullet For My Valentine > Avenged Sevenfold 

WSTR > Bury Tomorrow > Rolo Tomassi > Knocked Loose > Asking Alexandria > Babymetal > Parkway Drive > Guns N’ Roses 

Greta Van Fleet > Puppy > Hatebreed > Milk Teeth > Thrice > Jamie Lenman > Meshuggah > Alexisonfire > Marilyn Manson

Andrew WK and Volbeat is the clash that kills Friday for me. A clash with Marmozets would be fine as I've got a ticket to their tour.

53 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I echo what Andre said a page or two back Main woeful, Zippo alright then the tents much better. I worry for the future of this festival. 

For what the 3rd stage is doing you can get from Slam Dunk for a hell of a lot cheaper and better. 

It's a much stronger output this year at Slam Dunk too. Tbf there is 3 acts I'd bother with on Friday main stage but choosing between Andrew WK and Volbeat it hard as seen neither and wouldn't pay £30+ for either at their own big....I want the standard 45/1hr hits set if you like and that is including a lot in not into. Half and half you will miss a song you want to hear. Sunday all 3 clash so while there's acts that are in favour they either aren't worth the day tickets or are all the same time.

3rd and 4th on the whole aren't for me but we're all different.

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Yeah I think if you're a kid or late teen into Slam Dunk type music you're probably better off going to 2 dates of Slam Dunk for £100 plus another £100 in travel/hotels etc then you are paying £200 odd for weekend Download ticket. 

The issue Download will have with the Avalanche stages that once they've packed it well and used most of the main one's from Slam Dunk....they can't do much for another couple of years at least bar maybe have 1 or 2 back the following year at the most. Slam Dunk can book a lot of the same every other year or get more back to return higher the following year because they are only charging you £50+ a day to do so and cover 3 different locations to suit your needs.

Not happy about the Less Than Jake / Alexisonfire possible clash. So far I'm probably doing:

Friday: Dragonforce > Marmozets > BFMV > A7X

Saturday: ??? > Asking Alexandria > Babymetal > Parkway Drive (half) > GNR

Sunday: Dream State > Greta van Fleet > Turbonegro > Body Count > Thrice > A > Alexisonfire > Rise Against > Ozzy (half)

Not as elaborate an list as many (especially lacking the early hours of Fri and Sat) but I like to eat and stroll around so it'll be fine. 

5 hours ago, BigG94 said:

Anyone who seen nxt last year at the festival what way does tickets work for seeing it? And how much is the likes of pints of beer and food?

you can see nxt anyday cause u dont pay extra for it because is an additional facility of the festival and they have show for al the 3 days.now about hte food if i remember foir last year pint peer is like £5 each and and food is quite expenive like a burger £6

15 minutes ago, antros23 said:

you can see nxt anyday cause u dont pay extra for it because is an additional facility of the festival and they have show for al the 3 days.now about hte food if i remember foir last year pint peer is like £5 each and and food is quite expenive like a burger £6

Is it first come first served for entry? 

Expected as much for that price of food lol

20 minutes ago, BigG94 said:

It’s just in a tent so if you can find a space then you can watch :) I watched for a little last year from outside the tent. 

Beer at Download is weird. Last year they sold beer for £5 a pint plus £2 for a reusable plastic cup which I keep forgetting about and leaving around so I was paying £7 a pint for most of the weekend. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigG94 said:

First come first serve but it wasn't difficult to get into any show last year, might be a bit harder with NXT seemingly approaching another hot streak. Even if you can't get in there are screens on the outside so you can just chill and watch it outside if you like.

• Upvote 1

I’m definitely going to try and catch an Adam Cole match. Just to hear the massive BAY BAY that he will get. 

I imagine that Aleister Black will be walking around watching bands with him being the massive metal head that he is. 

Edited by Andre91

An album came out today by a Danish band called MØL called ‘Jord’ and it is outstanding. If you’re a fan of Deafheaven, Rolo Tomassi or Oathbreaker, you must give this a listen. It is phenomenal. Another band from Holy Roar, too. Alongside Conjurer and Rolo Tomassi, that label are absolutely owning 2018 so far.

Got my confirmation on reward vouchers. 50 quid of beer tokens (so, 10 pints of tuborg. Joy).

what has surprised me is that you're eligible this year even if you claimed the rewards on the same years last year. DL being DL, I thought it would have been a single hit, then you're done.

credit where it's due for this, as it's a great reward for the regulars.