Download 2018

Hart Attack

8 minutes ago, devilman said:

Avatar sounded great and had a good crowd considering it was so early. So early in fact that I was sat by my van watching still on my breakfast slab. :)

Yeah, that type of music at 11am certainly woke me up! 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Andrew WK and CKY are awesome additions :D 

Tbf Andrew WK is on my see list as is Bad Religion. Tbf at this stage if there was more than 2 I'd be into I would be surprised but was hoping for a bit more of a stage split although I'm aware they are going to make the Friday and Sunday stronger with thought Guns will sell itself, or should.

There is 9 bands I'd like to see although how many make Saturday is another thing, 3 of them are already on Friday and Sunday.

Edited by thewayiam

38 minutes ago, Dukey said:

The Avalanche Stage for me personally is very strong..

Black Foxxes, Neck Deep, STYG, LTJ, Being As An Ocean, A, Rolo Tomassi etc..

Plus the likes of Parkway Drive, Bury Tomorrow, A7X etc elsewhere. I'm very happy with this lineup. 

I have Bad Religion, LTJ and WSTR on Avalanche. Rise Against and Andrew WK on Zippo and GNR Volbeat Boston Manor and Marmozets on main. I do actually have a ticket for Marmozets though at a venue within 40 minutes drive. Andrew WK is a saw her as he charges £30 minimum for his own gig which tbh I want to hear what everyone else does without the rest, inside the other year would have been better but this is where we are.

There’s so much I want to see this year. Obviously I won’t be able to catch them all due to clashes but here’s the breakdown: 

MAIN: Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Volbeat, Marmozets, Boston Manor, Guns ‘N Roses, Marilyn Manson, Hatebreed. 

ZIPPO: Parkway Drive, Babymetal, Alexisonfire, Asking Alexandria, Andrew WK, Bury Tomorrow, CKY, Jonathan Davis, Greta Van Fleet, Meshuggah. 

AVALANCHE: Neck Deep, Ded, Employed To Serve, Jamie Lenman, Less Than Jake, Mayday Parade, Milk Teeth, Puppy, Rolo Tomassi, Stick To Your Guns, Stray From The Path, WSTR. 

DOGTOOTH: Thy Art Is Murder, Higher Power, Knocked Loose, Malevolence, Myrkur, Zeal & Ardor. 

I'm guessing Bad Religion are headlining the Avalanche. Which is annoying as they're the only band I like announced. Hell is for Heroes sound pretty good though.

Where are Sleeps?

EDIT - Just seen that's been confirmed.

Edited by Steve1000

22 hours ago, Andre91 said:

There’s so much I want to see this year. Obviously I won’t be able to catch them all due to clashes but here’s the breakdown: 

Your list is awkwardly similar to mine... although mine includes Dragonforce and Rise Against and if need be I'll skip Marilyn Manson as I've seen him before and it wasn't great (not terrible either).

18 hours ago, antros23 said:

line up is very good.but in my opinion graspop and hellfest are far better this year!

Agreed. It is a shame that AIC wasn't knocked in somewhere or even had been a 2nd stage headliner IMO, but other than that I don't feel too disheartened by the other bands that will be at those festivals that wont be at Download.

Also here in the U.S. Rock on the Range looks really epic this year. I live in WI and it's in Ohio so I might be able to manage a trip to that then Download!

I very rarely go on there anymore as I barely have the time to lurk on here that often, but I been sent a few screen shots of things in a whats app group with mates that someone from that podcast people on here talk about has said about the Download Forum. All up for a bit of banter laughing at some of the stuff that gets said on there, some absolute clowns for sure, but some of what I've seen said is very spiteful, nasty and disrespectful imo. Im sure that some who post on there post on here too under different names or what have you and I dont agree with the majority of  good decent people of that forum having their name put through the dirt when I'm sure they have been part of the reason that podcast has been made popular. I had never heard of it before Andre started talking about it on here so can only imagine how many have been put on it by the Download Forum as think when I saw the thread on there once it was massive, never read it myself as don't have time to trawl through hundreds of pages but sure majority of it was positive stuff. 

TNM has honestly changed my life since it has been going. I have discovered so many incredible new bands through them and also got into so many older bands who have had albums discussed on album club etc. 

They launched a Patreon Platinum service a couple of weeks ago which was a complete shit show. Poorly launched and poorly communicated with fans. There has been a lot said on the DL forums that is completely justified (almost solely against Beez because he is TNM) because of how poorly he handled the launch and especially the aftermath of it. Steve has been an absolute credit and a diamond going out of his way to actually talk to people on that forum and trying his best to clear things up. However, there has been a lot of ill will towards TNM the past few weeks but that is understandable when they have such a loyal fan base but some of the stuff that has been sent Beez’ way over the past couple of days by certain members on that forum has been disgraceful as were some of the responses. They were warned multiple times (Beez included) to stop the back and forth by the admin over there so she shut it down and rightly so. There is a lot of golden content and discussion lost but people were warned. 

That said, TNM have re-though their expansion and the new format is far superior and better communicated and explained than than the Patreon service. The pricing is more realistic, the content is clearly explained, and, most importantly, Beez seems more like his usual self after taking a few weeks off to tend to his health issues. He’s got some making up to do for sure in the eyes of a fair number of people, myself included, because a lot have been put off over the past few weeks by his actions, but, as I’ve just said, the re-launch yesterday has been a huge success compared to the initial expansion so that is wonderful. 

I know he isn’t everybody’s bag (I’ve onlt recently felt any sort of ill will towards him after being a huge supporter from his Scuzz days) and neither is Steve for that matter, but Beez has done a hell of a lot over the years for our community over here and TNM has been his biggest success (and Steve and the rest of the team’s, too) and long may it continue. They are bloody excellent at what they do and are extremely thorough and passionate, as is Remfry Dedman from The Independent who has been featuring lately and Ryan De Freitas who has now joined the team too.

I highly recommend the podcast to anyone who has an interest in rock and metal, if only for the unbelievable number of outstanding new and exciting bands they bring to the table each and every week. 

Bring on Download where I can hopefully bump into Steve again :D 

Edited by Andre91

He comes off a bit like Andy Copping to me. Preaches that "I'm just a music fan like all of you" and will dish out his fair share of criticism and flack, but as soon as someone disagrees with him or says something negative his true colours come out and the ego and sense of entitlement that he thinks he's better than you. I have gained more respect for Andy Copping though as even he's never had a meltdown anywhere near like the one this fella seems to have had at the Download Forums. 

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks