Download 2018

Hart Attack

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think most had 'em pegged to headline third anyway but a bit surprised they're against GNR.

Looks a really strong line up, like I'm sure there are gonna be acts lower than had been predicted just looking at the strength of acts they've announced.

He also said that they don’t clash for long, meaning that everyone suspecting the other headliners will finish early on Saturday, are right 

Leaked in the Metro. Contains the acts already announced too

Alexisonfire, All Them Witches , Asking Alexandria, BABYMETAL, Baroness, Black Stone Cherry, Black Veil Brides, blessthefall, Body Count Ft. Ice T, Boston Manor , Bullet For My Valentine, and Bury Tomorrow.Cancer Bats, Corrosion Of Conformity, Cradle Of Filth, Dead Cross, Death Blooms, DragonForce, Dream State, Emmure, Employed To Serve, Gold Key, Greta Van Fleet, Hatebreed, Higher Power, In This Moment, Inglorious, Jamie Lenman, Jonathan Davis, Knocked Loose, Koyo, Kreator, and L7 ess Than Jake, Malevolence, Marilyn Manson, Marmozets, Mayday Parade, Meshuggah, Milk Teeth, Miss May I, Monster Truck, Myke Gray, Myrkur, Neck Deep, No Hot Ashes, Parkway Drive, Plini, Powerflo, Puppy, Rise Against, Rolo Tomassi, Savage Messiah, Shinedown, SHVPES, Sleep Token, Stick To Your Guns, Stray From The Path, Sun Arcana, Tesseract, The Bottom Line, The Bronx, The Faim, The Hives, The Hyena Kill, The Maine, The Pink Slips, The Struts, The Temperance Movement, Thrice, Thunder, Thy Art Is Murder, Tigress, Turbonegro, Volbeat / Von Hertzen Brothers, Wayward Sons, Whiskey Myers, Woes, WSTR, You Me At Six, Zeal & Ardor

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Apparently the leak I got was a fake list. The girl I know who sent me it was the victim of a planned fake leak by the company she works for to see who was leaking stuff. Seems they gave out several different lists to several different people so they could trace whichever one back to that person by leaving out one big obvious name in each one. Did wonder why BSC weren't on there :D 

What about all the non big bands not on there?

Edited by lightning1000

I’d go see:

avenged

GNR

alexisonfire

Baroness

Employed to serve

Jamie Lenman

marilyn manson

marmozets

milk teeth

parkway drive

puppy

stray from the path

tesseract

the bronx

the hives

thrice 

volbeat

not a bad year, although GNR (classic line up) and Baroness are the only acts I’ve not seen at least 3 times. 

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Looks alright. Rubbish that they seemingly have The Hives, Baroness, Manson and Ozzy playing in a short timeframe. Why do they keep having The Hives headline the third stage anyway? They're the ultimate main stage warm ups but they're jamming that full of boring Southern rock shit.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Ozzy booking personally.

The main stage is terrible though, Thunder subbed bloody second last time. Plenty of decent acts lower down but I can't see anything more than a Friday ticket for me. 

I'm guessing WSS is the final Avalanche headlienr

Edited by Steve1000

6 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Clear how much money they've spunked on GNR. Babymetal should be higher though.

They definitely spent alot to get GnR resulting in the rest of the line-up suffering. Having said that Thunder - BSC - GnR suits me fine.

Any idea when day tickets go on sale?? Would be interested in a Saturday ticket.

Also how long do people reckon GnR will play for?? Surely nothing less than 2.5 hrs??

Am I the only one feeling suicidal after this crappy announcement? Can't believe I paid that much, that I am checking out this forum, facebook etc. to see if there's a chance to get anything half decent in the next announcement, and got one band I'm excited about and 3 acts I don't mind checking out out of 65 bloody bands. And I thought they might have took things slow because they were going to bring us something that's actually good. The sole announcement of At the Gates to Bloodstock is miles better than those 65 pieces of shit we got

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

The year is 2018. Thunder are playing third on the main stage at Download Festival. All sense of logic and reason appears to be on the cusp of obliteration.

Tbf I guess they'll go down better with GnR day-trippers than Ghost would've.

Just now, Andre91 said:

It seems they’ve done the opposite of last year with the main stage. They’ve pushed a lot of the younger, exciting bands down to third and fourth with a load of crap filling the main overall. 

When you put it like this, it actually makes sense. Main-dwellers have been given a raw deal though when you consider the calibre of oldie acts in recent years.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf I guess they'll go down better with GnR day-trippers than Ghost would've.

When you put it like this, it actually makes sense. Main-dwellers have been given a raw deal though when you consider the calibre of oldie acts in recent years.

2016 was full of older bands on the main stage. Last year was the only year that had considerably younger bands playing.