Download 2018

Hart Attack

Would love to see Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators added as they’re apparently working on stuff with Slash in January. Would obviously prefer Alter Bridge more but can’t see them doing much this year with their long tour over. Looking forward to the announcements next month 

1 hour ago, DHG123 said:

Some new additions for Madrid and Paris, not sure when. Shinedown and Seether being added could be the quite likely?

08240C09-63BA-4F37-AEA1-D8FB3C295512.png

2765E2AE-E2F1-4218-BAA0-95D983F88540.png

If you added Ghost & FF to that Madrid list it would be far and away the better card than Paris’, certainly better than ours atm

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not related to 2018’s festival but for the one after; Rammstein have said that a new album is in post-production and out late next year so pencil them in for 2019’s fest. BMTH, Metallica/Slipknot and Rammstein would be strong.

Maiden also quite likely.

Hopefully something like:

2019: BMTH / Metallica / Rammstein

2020: ADTR / Maiden / Slipknot

Although I fear Andy will bottle bumping ADTR or go for Fall Out Boy instead

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

Maiden also quite likely.

Hopefully something like:

2019: BMTH / Metallica / Rammstein

2020: ADTR / Maiden / Slipknot

Although I fear Andy will bottle bumping ADTR or go for Fall Out Boy instead

Would be pleasantly surprised if Maidens still playing in 2020. Although I’m probably looking into more than I should this ‘Legacy of the Beast’ tour should like a fair well one although I know its also the name of a mobile game they have. Who knows if they will be about in 3 years but roll on August to I see them live ;D 

3 hours ago, BigG94 said:

Would be pleasantly surprised if Maidens still playing in 2020. Although I’m probably looking into more than I should this ‘Legacy of the Beast’ tour should like a fair well one although I know its also the name of a mobile game they have. Who knows if they will be about in 3 years but roll on August to I see them live ;D 

Wouldn't worry. Band don't just break up suddenly and without warning anymore - there's too much money in farewell tours to do that. That's why KISS do them every three or four years.

22 hours ago, BigG94 said:

If you added Ghost & FF to that Madrid list it would be far and away the better card than Paris’, certainly better than ours atm

Both Paris and Madrid are far better than UK atm. I wish it wouldn't stay that way until June.

7 hours ago, BigG94 said:

Come on, they're not going to retire. With the exception of McBrain, all the members are under 62 years of age. They're not going to quit for the next 5 years if not more than that.

2 hours ago, IamGroot said:

Both Paris and Madrid are far better than UK atm. I wish it wouldn't stay that way until June.

Come on, they're not going to retire. With the exception of McBrain, all the members are under 62 years of age. They're not going to quit for the next 5 years if not more than that.

Your right Id say but alot can happen in 2 years in the Industry 

I honestly believe that Maiden will call it quits by the end of 2021 at the latest. I’m sure I’ve read an interview somewhere where they have said that they plan to finish after the next album and touring cycle. 

2019: Bring Me The Horizon, Rammstein, Metallica 

2020: A Day To Remember, Slipknot, Iron Maiden 

I would have Tool for 2019 but I can’t believe anything about new material until it’s here. 

Edited by Andre91

On 12/29/2017 at 11:05 AM, Andre91 said:

I honestly believe that Maiden will call it quits by the end of 2021 at the latest. I’m sure I’ve read an interview somewhere where they have said that they plan to finish after the next album and touring cycle. 

2019: Bring Me The Horizon, Rammstein, Metallica 

2020: A Day To Remember, Slipknot, Iron Maiden 

I would have Tool for 2019 but I can’t believe anything about new material until it’s here. 

Seems a reasonable assessment. Nicko well into pensionable age then.

The only thing I'd call against that is that LOTB Tour looks set to run til mid 19 at least; even if they get a new album in the shops for Christmas that year, they're still likely to commit an eighteen month jaunt behind it through 2020/2021, health willing - and then I think Rod Smallwood will be keen enough on a proper wrap up tour across the globe. 2023 to finish I think, maybe 2022 depending on how big either tour is (they could go the Dance of Death World Tour route for the new album and make it a short, eight month/50 date jaunt, hitting up festival and select US markets before saving 2021/2022 for a full global farewell jaunt).

I could hypothesize on Maiden's future for a while... 

They announced pretty much all of the main acts and day /stage splits at the start of February last year. However, they are taking their time a bit more this year so I expect the next announcement to look how the announcement for 2017 did in December(2016). I expect you'll know what day the bands higher up the bill are playing and they'll just list the rest - with hopefully some level of stage splits. 

44 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

FFDP to headline 2019. 

I listened to these guys for the first time recently out of curiosity. Are they seriously that big over here? They're hilarious and I am totally baffled as to how they're successful (in the UK especially... in the US I can kind of understand).

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I listened to these guys for the first time recently out of curiosity. Are they seriously that big over here? They're hilarious and I am totally baffled as to how they're successful (in the UK especially... in the US I can kind of understand).

They’re absolutely massive with the DL audience. They sell out arenas and pulled the biggest crowd Download saw all weekend. They supposedly outsold everyone on merch by a country mile too, which definitely showed as you can’t move for people in FFDP merch at DL. 

They’re the next logical DL headliner. One more album for sure and I think it’ll be their time. They pull crowds bigger than some headliners already. 

I’m not really a fan of them btw. I like a few songs and used to be super critical of them because they’re just that sort of metal by numbers but then I saw the reception they get at DL and thought ‘This is happening’. Their fans are super dedicated. 

Edited by Andre91