Download 2018

Hart Attack

17 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Rituals absolutely bangs doesn't it? Haven't listened to the new one yet but yeah, quality band. Need to see them live I bet it's fucking madness.

Absolutely. It’s a shame that I only heard Rituals last week because that would have made a play for my track if 2017. Amazing.  

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I’d love to see Rolo Tomassi get booked. I’ve never been fussed with them but the new songs they’ve put out from the incoming album are incredible and have lead me onto all of their other material. What a band. 

Great band but they have played before years ago but don't know why they've never been rebooked. They're one of the best British metal bands going. Grievances was one of the best albums of 2015 and I can't wait for this new one.

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Rituals absolutely bangs doesn't it? Haven't listened to the new one yet but yeah, quality band. Need to see them live I bet it's fucking madness.

I dragged my brother to see them at Tramlines in 2014 and he had no idea what was going on and I caught most of their set at 2000trees this year but me and my mate left to see The Front Bottoms but I enjoyed what I saw though and Rituals bangs live. Would recommend going to see them on their tour if you can.

Edited by justanothername

Hi folks new to this forum as I was looking up some stuff about Download 2018. It’ll be my first Download and first rock festival so absolutely buzzing for it. Having seen GNRs at Slane Castle in May and Ozzy in Dublin with Black Sabbath in January I was completely sold on the whole weekend. Was also looking to see AV7 in January but that fell apart because of work commitments so glad to have them on the opening night.

Hoping to see Nightwish added to the line up in the New Year but with them being at Bloodstock it impacts it a little, same as Gojira. Would be cool to see Corey Taylor at the event in some shape or form so Stone Sours another I’d like added. Megadeth and Amaranthe would be welcome additions too as I’ve been listening to more of their stuff recently.

I can see Manson and Black Veil Brides being nailed on to appear on Sunday alongside Ozzy although BVB will no doubt be away down the pecking order on the 3rd stage. Whoever is playing before GNRs have a big spot to fill but won’t be hard if GNRs play the way they have been since their reunion.

8 hours ago, BigG94 said:

Hi folks new to this forum as I was looking up some stuff about Download 2018. It’ll be my first Download and first rock festival so absolutely buzzing for it. Having seen GNRs at Slane Castle in May and Ozzy in Dublin with Black Sabbath in January I was completely sold on the whole weekend. Was also looking to see AV7 in January but that fell apart because of work commitments so glad to have them on the opening night.

Hoping to see Nightwish added to the line up in the New Year but with them being at Bloodstock it impacts it a little, same as Gojira. Would be cool to see Corey Taylor at the event in some shape or form so Stone Sours another I’d like added. Megadeth and Amaranthe would be welcome additions too as I’ve been listening to more of their stuff recently.

I can see Manson and Black Veil Brides being nailed on to appear on Sunday alongside Ozzy although BVB will no doubt be away down the pecking order on the 3rd stage. Whoever is playing before GNRs have a big spot to fill but won’t be hard if GNRs play the way they have been since their reunion.

Welcome man. 

Megadeth, Nightwish and Stone Sour are doing exclusive things elsewhere so no chance of them unfortunately. 

As for BVB, they're bigger than you think. Too big for that stage for sure and probably 4th or 5th down main or maybe subbing second stage again

Just exclusively dropped on Jamie Jasta's podcast with Andy Copping in interview: BFMV [for better or worse] is going to sub A7X and Manson is subbing Ozzy [which seems thematically pretty fucking cool]. Sub for GnR hasn't yet been announced apparently.

So guess we can read from that Parkway, Rise Against & mayyybe at a push Babymetal may be the 2nd stage headliners.

New announcement coming in mid January.

Great podcast ep, would seriously recommend. Jasta is going in heavy trying to get Hatebreed for Download18 too, which I am allllll  here for.

1 hour ago, scoutthehorizon said:

Just exclusively dropped on Jamie Jasta's podcast with Andy Copping in interview: BFMV [for better or worse] is going to sub A7X and Manson is subbing Ozzy [which seems thematically pretty fucking cool]. Sub for GnR hasn't yet been announced apparently.

So guess we can read from that Parkway, Rise Against & mayyybe at a push Babymetal may be the 2nd stage headliners.

New announcement coming in mid January.

Great podcast ep, would seriously recommend. Jasta is going in heavy trying to get Hatebreed for Download18 too, which I am allllll  here for.

Apparently he said Linkin Park would have been headlining which surprised me. Assuming it was instead of Avenged, I certainly would have thought he'd chose to    grow them instead of booking LP again.

17 minutes ago, devilman said:

A7X have been pinned since last year. Although if someone was going to be bumped for the Ozzy and GnR tours then it would no doubt have been A7X rather than LP. That would have pissed me off no end.

Yeah completely agree. I would have preferred LP over Ozzy but still would have been a pretty shit booking. 

I haven't listened to it so don't know exactly what he said but I think AC might be lying anyway. Not sure why he'd lie but if he wanted LP he could have easily got them in 2017.

Edited by Steve1000

7 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Welcome man. 

Megadeth, Nightwish and Stone Sour are doing exclusive things elsewhere so no chance of them unfortunately. 

As for BVB, they're bigger than you think. Too big for that stage for sure and probably 4th or 5th down main or maybe subbing second stage again

Thanks buddy 

Aww thats a pity would of especially loved to see Megadeth but I have faith there’ll be more great acts announced.

Personally I haven’t listened to much BVB so maybe thats why I think they’re lower down. Have listened to Andy Blacks solo stuff more tbh.

Imagine Bullet will be happy with that slot; I'd had the weird hunch they may have been dropped to third on main when announced. Really one of those bands who should have headlined but missed the boat in hindsight, I guess.

Manson under Ozzy is logical - yet that could be a very ropey Sunday finale depending on the pair of them. If they're both shot to pieces, it's going to require a lot of coasting on goodwill, one would think.

Assuming GNR's sub currently unannounced if that is the case.

9 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Imagine Bullet will be happy with that slot; I'd had the weird hunch they may have been dropped to third on main when announced. Really one of those bands who should have headlined but missed the boat in hindsight, I guess.

Manson under Ozzy is logical - yet that could be a very ropey Sunday finale depending on the pair of them. If they're both shot to pieces, it's going to require a lot of coasting on goodwill, one would think.

Assuming GNR's sub currently unannounced if that is the case.

I know a lot of people thought Bullet would be taking third due to them fucking their rise to the top, but they still fair a hell of a lot better than most third down acts (and even a lot of the subs). Even if their new album doesn't do very well I couldn't see them taking any lower than sub.

Hopefully Ozzy and Manson's big catalogue of tunes can make up for what they both lack in the vocal department these days. Can't be any worse than the last time Manson subbed main, anyway.

Bit weird to say that Gnarwolves couldn't play 1st or 2nd on main because they're a tiny little band, but Feed The Rhino could? Wasn't it Feed The Rhino who opened main one year and got an absolutely pitiful crowd? Gnarwolves would be a very solid band to open main stage with if there was a younger headliner. They'd be better in the tent, but to say they couldn't play an opening main slot is weird. 

Not many bands who can pull off playing at mid-day on a Saturday/Sunday to hungover people in a field on a festival main stage, more often than not in the rain with a fairly small crowd. You're better off having a slightly smaller band with loads of energy than a bigger ploddy band. Crossfaith probably the best I've ever seen in that slot. 

3 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Avatar were hardly setting the world alight when they got their main stage opening slot. Could say the same for The Temperence Movement?

As a first band of the day, 11am start, I thought Avatar were outstanding. Completely blew the cobwebs away and made the first pint go down a lot easier.

this was 2 years ago, if I remember right. Also had Monster Truck open the main one of the days, another outstanding way to start the day!

my assumption has been that they always start the day with a kicker of a band to get people going and, I guess you could say, start as you mean to go on.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 12:31 PM, Steve1000 said:

Friday

Avenged / Bullet / The Offspring / The Darkness / Neck Deep / Hatebreed / The Black Dhalia Murders / Code Orange

Alice In Chains / At the Drive-In / Converge / Meshuggah

Bowling For Soup / Mayday Parade

Cannibal Corpse

Saturday

GNR / Black Stone Cherry / Volbeat / Ghost / Joan Jett / The Hives / Gnarwolves / Black Peaks

Parkway Drive / Babymetal / Jonathon Davis / In This Moment

New Found Glory / Bury Tommorow

Dying Fetus

Sunday

Ozzy Osbourne / Marylin Manson / Limp Bizkit / Black Veil Brides / Europe / Hollywood Undead / Orange Goblin / Stray From The Path

Rise Against / Alexisonfire / Arch Enemy / Anti-Flag

Asking Alexandria / Marmozets

Ho99o9

Didn't Orange Goblin play this year? or was it cancelled? 

On 22/12/2017 at 5:31 PM, Steve1000 said:

Friday

Avenged / Bullet / The Offspring / The Darkness / Neck Deep / Hatebreed / The Black Dhalia Murders / Code Orange

Alice In Chains / At the Drive-In / Converge / Meshuggah

Bowling For Soup / Mayday Parade

Cannibal Corpse

Saturday

GNR / Black Stone Cherry / Volbeat / Ghost / Joan Jett / The Hives / Gnarwolves / Black Peaks

Parkway Drive / Babymetal / Jonathon Davis / In This Moment

New Found Glory / Bury Tommorow

Dying Fetus

Sunday

Ozzy Osbourne / Marylin Manson / Limp Bizkit / Black Veil Brides / Europe / Hollywood Undead / Orange Goblin / Stray From The Path

Rise Against / Alexisonfire / Arch Enemy / Anti-Flag

Asking Alexandria / Marmozets

Ho99o9

I’d be totally satisfied with this lineup and where they’re placed. I’d maybe have Bizkit on on Friday night