Download 2018

Hart Attack

On 12/15/2017 at 8:17 AM, eFestivals said:

they won't you know.

That's just a way of ensuring a set of an hour and half, for when Axl turns up an hour and half late. :P

Old fake news. axl has been the model of professionalism since Angus Young whipped him into shape.

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think it's prog as in 'prog rock' rather than 'prog metal'. :P

Headlined by Devin Townsend playing very much prog metal last year. It scared a lot of the beardy weirdies and they cried into their potions. i loved it however :) I don't know Baroness, I shall have to check them out.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, devilman said:

Old fake news. axl has been the model of professionalism since Angus Young whipped him into shape.

Headlined by Devin Townsend playing very much prog metal last year. It scared a lot of the beardy weirdies and they cried into their potions. i loved it however :) I don't know Baroness, I shall have to check them out.

Agreed on Axl. His time with DC did him good. 

And Baroness are great. I think they’d be up your street :) 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

That's as maybe.....but the full set isn't over 3 hours long.

Well then what is this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqFVXIb2cq0 and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrLZDP1btwo (this one is 4 hours actually) and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDKZNyoBZe0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvAQTI9hZns and...

6 hours ago, devilman said:

Fair enough. I thought it was all just Marillion and Hawkwind and stuff.

3 hours ago, Nicklord said:

The 1st 3 are small videos, the last one I'll give you. I went by London last summer and didn't think it was 3 hours. They aren't playing for 3 hours at Download though.....that doesn't mean I don't go and see them again mind.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

How long did they get at Coachella? Surely they'll just get the same as that, and I don't think it was 3 hours. Doubt they're gonna be particularly bothered about not having to play for longer.

They had 2h30m slot but the set gradually got longer and longer as the tour went on. 

I saw (nu)GnR at a festival in 2012 and they had 3h slot, came on 45 minutes late and did 3h and 15 minutes. Some djs who were supposed to be after never even played 

Edited by Nicklord

If they want to play for 3 hours then they will. They probably offer to shut every other stage from like 7PM onwards as a bid to get them to play. Wonder if they will keep Avalanche open.

"Hey kids. Come to our rock festival. We have lots of bands you youngsters like. Theres none playing when Guns N Roses are playing on Saturday, but that's okay, you kids like Guns N Roses, right? What do you mean they don't close the stages 3 hours early at Reading and Leeds?!

I echo what has been said above; if playing for 3 hours was a condition of GNR playing then they’re going to get 3 hours, no two ways about it. Andy said on TNM that he gave Guns ‘a few million reasons to play’ and joking about the money aside, you can bet that one of those reasons was Guns being able to play a full set for however long they wish. 

Edited by Andre91

Friday

Avenged / Bullet / The Offspring / The Darkness / Neck Deep / Hatebreed / The Black Dhalia Murders / Code Orange

Alice In Chains / At the Drive-In / Converge / Meshuggah

Bowling For Soup / Mayday Parade

Cannibal Corpse

Saturday

GNR / Black Stone Cherry / Volbeat / Ghost / Joan Jett / The Hives / Gnarwolves / Black Peaks

Parkway Drive / Babymetal / Jonathon Davis / In This Moment

New Found Glory / Bury Tommorow

Dying Fetus

Sunday

Ozzy Osbourne / Marylin Manson / Limp Bizkit / Black Veil Brides / Europe / Hollywood Undead / Orange Goblin / Stray From The Path

Rise Against / Alexisonfire / Arch Enemy / Anti-Flag

Asking Alexandria / Marmozets

Ho99o9

Edited by Steve1000

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Friday

Avenged / Bullet / The Offspring / The Darkness / Neck Deep / Hatebreed / The Black Dhalia Murders / Code Orange

Cannibal Corpse

Saturday

GNR / Black Stone Cherry / Volbeat / Ghost / Joan Jett / The Hives / Gnarwolves / Black Peaks

Dying Fetus

Sunday

Ozzy Osbourne / Marylin Manson / Limp Bizkit / Black Veil Brides / Europe / Hollywood Undead / Orange Goblin / Stray From The Path

Ho99o9

I’d be very happy with that. I’d be at Main all day Friday and wander between Main and second on Saturday. Sunday would suit me as I could clear off home after Alexisonfire. 

My biggest criticism is that there is no chance Gnarwolves play that slot, they’re a tiny little band. I know they played Main Stage at R&L in 2014 but that was a total anomaly. They’d be better served playing the Avalanche. I also think that Converge would headline a tent rather than play an outdoor stage. 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Friday

Cannibal Corpse

Saturday

Dying Fetus

Sunday

Ho99o9

So it's Ghost against JD and AIC against Cannibal Corpse and A7X. Wish it wasn't that way since it seems like I'll waste a lot of hours searching for something I can actually stand

• Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’d be very happy with that. I’d be at Main all day Friday and wander between Main and second on Saturday. Sunday would suit me as I could clear off home after Alexisonfire. 

My biggest criticism is that there is no chance Gnarwolves play that slot, they’re a tiny little band. I know they played Main Stage at R&L in 2014 but that was a total anomaly. They’d be better served playing the Avalanche. I also think that Converge would headline a tent rather than play an outdoor stage. 

Yeah, it was them doing main at R&L that made me think that, I'll swap them for PABH then. The Hives are probably too low tbh.

25 minutes ago, IamGroot said:

So it's Ghost against JD and AIC against Cannibal Corpse and A7X. Wish it wasn't that way since it seems like I'll waste a lot of hours searching for something I can actually stand

Cannibal Corpse might be too big for that stage, I don't know. Personally I'd be very happy with that lineup

Also I forgot about WSS, they'll be there for sure. Not sure who to drop for them.

Edited by Steve1000

7 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Yeah, it was them doing main at R&L that made me think that, I'll swap them for PABH then. The Hives are probably too low tbh.

Cannibal Corpse might be too big for that stage, I don't know. Personally I'd be very happy with that lineup

Also I forgot about WSS, they'll be there for sure. Not sure who to drop for them.

I’d be inclined to have Feed The Rhino in their slot. They’re back with a new album on the way and the three tracks they’ve put out so far are great. 

I’d love to see Rolo Tomassi get booked. I’ve never been fussed with them but the new songs they’ve put out from the incoming album are incredible and have lead me onto all of their other material. What a band. 

As for WSS, they NEED a Main Stage slot but they are so incredible inside that I can see them headlining the Avalanche one night. 

On a side note, AC said that the Fourth stage will be heavier themed. I can see Mesuhggah headlining that from the already announced bands as well as Kreator (they’re around in Europe at the time) and someone else... Mayhem pls. 

Edited by Andre91

16 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’d love to see Rolo Tomassi get booked. I’ve never been fussed with them but the new songs they’ve put out from the incoming album are incredible and have lead me onto all of their other material. What a band. 

Rituals absolutely bangs doesn't it? Haven't listened to the new one yet but yeah, quality band. Need to see them live I bet it's fucking madness.

• Upvote 1