Download 2018

Hart Attack

Hello to all you knowledgable folks! 

I was hoping someone might be able to tell me the chances on some of the below bands appearing at Download next year!

Ghost, Gojira, Korn, Black stone cherry? i saw Gojira had been rumoured for a while, but seems like they have fallen by the wayside recently, so was hoping someone would give me some positive news on that one!

Recently got in to Ghost after seeing them being rumoured in this forum and thought i'd check them out, and God damn. so for them to be at download would be an utter treat.

Are Stone sour in or out at this point?

could mastadon make another appearance this year? thought they put on a good show on the main stage last year..

can we expect any news before xmas?

sorry for being a bit of a noob, just fuckin love download!!

Avenged Sevenfold / Bullet For My Valentine / Trivium / Black Veil Brides / Asking Alexandria / Body Count ft. Ice T / Stray From The Path 

Alice In Chains / Arch Enemy / Meshuggah 

Converge 

Guns ‘N Roses / Black Stone Cherry / Ghost / The Hives / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Baroness / Code Orange / Milk Teeth 

Parkway Drive / Babymetal / Hollywood Undead (finishing before GNR) 

Neck Deep

Ozzy Osbourne / Marilyn Manson / The Darkness / Stone Temple Pilots / Tremonti / Avatar / Phil Campbell & The Bastard Sons / Royal Republic 

Rise Against / Alexisonfire / Hatebreed 

While She Sleeps 

Edited by Andre91

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

SHIT. I had swapped them over, damn :lol: I’ll go edit. 

Heh, fair enough. I legit thought you might not have been having it.

I think that line up works really well, to be honest. I'd have plenty to go on.

I like the idea of being able to see Stone Temple Pilots and Alice in Chains over the weekend. Not sure about this new guy for STP but I think it sounds more natural than Chester did at least so maybe worth a try, and they seem willing to step down line ups to reestablish themselves so it's the least that peeps could do.

TNM have Andy Copping on this week’s show and he has said that GNR will be getting a full 3+ hour set at DL. He also confirmed that the Avalanche Stage will be returning next year and the Fourth Stage will have a much heavier theme. He also said that Parkway Drive will be getting a very prominent slot, either second stage headliner or Main Stage sub. 

Kinda get the feeling Parkway will pick up an Ally Pally/Wembley Arena show around the side of this, a la Deftones a couple of years back Certainly think they're fast approaching that level, with a pair of Brixtons under the belt. Keep the price below £25, add a strong support, they'll sell either out or at least very close.

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Surely Parkway Drive couldn't sub headline off the back of 2 Brixton shows? Would be mental when you had Steel Panther and Five Finger both 3rd down last year. 

Agreed. I think sub is a stretch. Second Stage headliner would be perfect. 

I love that Copping mentions they as a future headliner. I can see it. Sub seems like the next logical step after hopefully headlining second next year. 

I think Parkway's next logical step is to do what BMTH did after they played 3rd down at Download. Have a one off Wembley (or Ally Pally) show in December next year. Advertise it throughout Download etc. Get 2 or 3 of Bury Tomorrow, While She Sleeps, The Amity Affliction, Northlane and Of Mice and Men etc on there. Reckon they'd sell it out. 

• Upvote 1

On 14/12/2017 at 9:41 PM, Andre91 said:

Baroness have been announced for RaR. They’d do so well getting a Main Stage slot. I know they played second this year but they’re so good. 

They were great on second but they had such a tiny crowd. It'd be awful on Main.

14 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Because they clashed with FFDP. They're a band that need main stage slots, fairly accessible and not nearly as big as they should be. That said I don't think they'll play.

Yeah but they are different enough to FFDP they should have been able to pull a decent crowd. I don't really think they are so much a festival band though. I would like to see them give main a go and hope they would get a decent crowd just not so sure they would.

On 12/15/2017 at 8:17 AM, eFestivals said:

they won't you know.

That's just a way of ensuring a set of an hour and half, for when Axl turns up an hour and half late. :P

Turned up bang on time in London last year! :P. But no they won't be playing for 3+ hours.....they won't have been offered the money to do that for a start compared to having their own show regardless of what extra shite he has booked.