Download 2018

Hart Attack

29 minutes ago, IamGroot said:

You don't know that. Only 20 bands has been announced and only about two bands that are their size (except for the headliners).

Eh I'm just explaining what he meant. They'd probably sub and we seem to already have two subs and there other, more likely options for the final one (I expect Black Stone Cherry). That's the reason they're being predicted less now.

Yeah pretty much. I guess I didn't clarify that I wasn't saying they were ruled out but just explaining why people weren't predicting them anymore. Black Stone Cherry coming from someone who supposedly named the headliners to Andre looks to complete the subs if true.

Having said that, HV would still fit on Friday headlining second though they'd be pretty big for the slot - bigger than the other expected 2nd headilners for sure - and A7X probably need all the support they can get from the festival in not decimating their crowd.

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah pretty much. I guess I didn't clarify that I wasn't saying they were ruled out but just explaining why people weren't predicting them anymore. Black Stone Cherry coming from someone who supposedly named the headliners to Andre looks to complete the subs if true.

Having said that, HV would still fit on Friday headlining second though they'd be pretty big for the slot - bigger than the other expected 2nd headilners for sure - and A7X probably need all the support they can get from the festival in not decimating their crowd.

I’d be more worried about Ozzy pulling a crowd then A7X

56 minutes ago, DHG123 said:

I’d be more worried about Ozzy pulling a crowd then A7X

I don't see why? Never played the festival solo before. On his farewell tour. Recent setlists have been wall to wall bangers. Sure he may not be on top form vocal-wise these days but I doubt that's gonna stop people from watching him regardless of who's on second stage.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I don't see why? Never played the festival solo before. On his farewell tour. Recent setlists have been wall to wall bangers. Sure he may not be on top form vocal-wise these days but I doubt that's gonna stop people from watching him regardless of who's on second stage.

I seen a few videos of Ozzy performing this year and it was sad to watch he was struggling, but doesn't take away the fact he's a legend. 

On 09/12/2017 at 9:53 AM, FloorFiller said:

I swear every tour he’s had the last 6 or 7 Years has been a farewell. Even when they played in 05 I don’t remember Sabbath having a huge crowd.

might just be my memory being off.

Plus A7X put on an acclaimed performance last time they headlined.

8 hours ago, DHG123 said:

I swear every tour he’s had the last 6 or 7 Years has been a farewell. Even when they played in 05 I don’t remember Sabbath having a huge crowd.

might just be my memory being off.

Plus A7X put on an acclaimed performance last time they headlined.

This one seems pretty final, and given his age, health and vocal capabilities getting on he probably doesn’t have much say in the matter of this being the last time round. 

And A7X might have done well last time but they’re still incredibly marmite A7X - they’ll do alright, but it isn’t gonna be the biggest headliner crowd.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Wolf Alice on that poster is still throwing me off a bit.

Slaves too seem really out of place imo. Overall tho I think it shits on the UK fest (I dont really care for A7x so swapping them for Foos and whoever is on the second stage vs. manson would be great for me lol)

6 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Slaves are fine at Download, just standard punk rock right there. My theory is that they have Hellfest to compete with so have done a festival for your more casual rocker.

Maybe but most of the less-Download acts (I'd add Starcrawler to that) are on Foo Fighters day so I think it's to cater to that crowd. A lot of the bands there are past or future Foo Fighters support acts.

3 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Slaves are fine at Download, just standard punk rock right there. My theory is that they have Hellfest to compete with so have done a festival for your more casual rocker.

I mean I guess but I have always viewed them in the same way that Chainsmokers are an electronic band, anyone who is into the genre doesnt really care about them, but they're pretty big with more casual fans.