Download 2018

Hart Attack

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Looking back on previous years subs I'd say Bullet are at about the same level right now, and especially with a new album on the way. Manson could also easily sub - was quite a bit of hype surrounding his new album, even if the final product wasn't very good.

BFMV - Avenged
Marilyn Manson - GnR
Hollywood Vampires - Ozzy

I think both bands could sub, but there are bigger bands about who should get chosen ahead

I think it’s got to the point where, like it or not, Bullet are now in some ways a heritage band for Download. Download have a loyal audience who go for years on end and many of them would have seen Bullet rise up the lineups. They’ve been away for five years and they will pull a massive crowd, especially if they’re placed under A7X who will share a massive chunk of the fanbase. 

A7X / BFMV / Trivium 

GNR / BSC / Stone Sour 

Ozzy / Manson / AIC 

That’s what I’m going for. 

I was told that BSC are subbing by the same person who correctly told me the headliners so I’m inclined to believe it. But it wouldn’t surprise me if they gave them a miss this year and saved them for headlining within the next couple of years because that’s clearly their end goal. 

Mars being around and not being announced yet kind of makes me doubt BSC. 

Edited by Andre91

13 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

I think they're similar sized, but Mansons shite live, where as Bizkits one of the most fun live bands about. 

This is a fair point. Patchy at best.

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I was told that BSC are subbing by the same person who correctly told me the headliners so I’m inclined to believe it. But it wouldn’t surprise me if they gave them a miss this year and saved them for headlining within the next couple of years because that’s clearly their end goal. 

Mars being around and not being announced yet kind of makes me doubt BSC. 

I just kinda get the feeling Mars will be headline or nothing over here? Especially after Rock am Ring.

If not, then here seems a reasonable shout for them to turn up.

Is it ten years since This Is War next year or in 2019? If they packaged themselves up with anniversary shows, I think there would be able to rake in additional punters with ease.

2 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

I just kinda get the feeling Mars will be headline or nothing over here? Especially after Rock am Ring.

Is it ten years since This Is War next year or in 2019? If they packaged themselves up with anniversary shows, I think there would be able to rake in additional punters with ease.

This Is War was 2009 :) 

3 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

They headliner RaR in 2013 despite subbing here 

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

This Is War was 2009 :) 

Cheers! Couldn't remember. :)

They do lean on it quite a bit anyway these days if I recall, but go in on a full album/specifically marketed "War + Hits" Tour and they could be headline fodder over here.

4 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

They headliner RaR in 2013 despite subbing here 

Did not know that one either, cheers!

13 minutes ago, Swansea93 said:

Do we think Rise Against are a 2nd stage headliner or 3rd down main next year? 

They aren’t big enough to be third down. They could headline second, though. Even then I think that is probably a stretch but I think they could just about get away with it. 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They aren’t big enough to be third down. They could headline second, though. Even then I think that is probably a stretch but I think they could just about get away with it. 

I've expected them opposite Ozzy since seeing the poster. The times Sabbath headlined they scheduled a punk band (one of course being Rise Against) against them so it seems a decent shout they'll do it this time with Rise Against as well.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I've expected them opposite Ozzy since seeing the poster. The times Sabbath headlined they scheduled a punk band (one of course being Rise Against) against them so it seems a decent shout they'll do it this time with Rise Against as well.

Fair shout. I’m expecting them to headline second on the Saturday and finish before GNR, with Parkway closing out the weekend opposite Ozzy. 

Edited by Andre91

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Fair shout. I’m expecting them to headline second on the Saturday and finish before GNR, with Parkway closing out the weekend opposite Ozzy. 

Yeah I guess either works.

Can't see that this has been mentioned but just been looking around at the dates of some of the acts announced: 

• Marilyn Manson has a Finnish festival on Friday
  • Stone Sour are supporting Ozzy on Wednesday in Finland and Friday in Sweden so maybe logical to expect them subbing at Download too? Or at least the same day?
  • Not confirmed day but if those two can't do Friday then I'd expect Bullet subbing Friday.
  • Parkway Drive have got Saturday down on their site, which I suppose means Babymetal the same day if that info is right. 

edit: just thinking Finland is quite far from the UK so maybe headlining in Finland and onstage at Donington at about 18:30-19:00 next day would be a bit of an ask for Manson. Stick him between Ozzy and Stone Sour.

Edited by dentalplan

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I guess either works.

Can't see that this has been mentioned but just been looking around at the dates of some of the acts announced: 

• Marilyn Manson has a Finnish festival on Friday
  • Stone Sour are supporting Ozzy on Wednesday in Finland and Friday in Sweden so maybe logical to expect them subbing at Download too? Or at least the same day?
  • Not confirmed day but if those two can't do Friday then I'd expect Bullet subbing Friday.
  • Parkway Drive have got Saturday down on their site, which I suppose means Babymetal the same day if that info is right. 

edit: just thinking Finland is quite far from the UK so maybe headlining in Finland and onstage at Donington at about 18:30-19:00 next day would be a bit of an ask for Manson. Stick him between Ozzy and Stone Sour.

I’m expecting Stone Sour to be third down on either Saturday or Sunday. Bullet will sub A7X, no doubt, which I think is still a decent booking seeing how they share so much of their fanbase. 

8 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Rise Against are easily big enough to headline 2nd. Pretty sure they already have done it before. Think last time they did main stage they were 4th down, but wouldn't be shocked to see them wind up 3rd down with Guns booked. 

They did, in 2012 when they were a much bigger band. Tour seemingly sold like shit, I think they're the right size to sub second. Hopefully there 4th main Avenged day. That combo alone would sell me. Offspring after them please.

13 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Rise Against are easily big enough to headline 2nd. Pretty sure they already have done it before. Think last time they did main stage they were 4th down, but wouldn't be shocked to see them wind up 3rd down with Guns booked. 

They headliner second six years ago (in 2018). They haven’t got any bigger, they seem to have stagnated. No way could they play third down. 

Wolves is a really decent album, though. Best thing they’ve done since Endgame. 

Edited by Andre91

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They headliner second six years ago (in 2018). They haven’t got any bigger, they seem to have stagnated. No way could they play third down. 

Wolves is a really decent album, though. Best thing they’ve done since Endgame. 

Wolves for me is there worst album. Black Market bangs imo. Endgame and Appeal to Reason are two good, solid, reliable, Rise Against records then everything before that is perfect. 

2nd favourite band these boys 

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

Wolves for me is there worst album. Black Market bangs imo. Endgame and Appeal to Reason are two good, solid, reliable, Rise Against records then everything before that is perfect. 

2nd favourite band these boys 

Oh, really? Interesting! My favourite is Siren Song. Bloody wonderful album. Paper Wings is by far and away my favourite song they’ve ever made. 

Wasn't aware the tour sold badly. I'd put a decent amount of the blame on to whoever booked the support slot. I've seen Anti-Flag support them, Pennywise support them, both great bookings and both times me and a few mates were on the fence then saw the support and thought "no we have to go its worth it for the double header". But this time they decide to book Sleeping with Sirens?? That's one of the worst booked tours I've ever seen. The only possible explanation is that they somehow thought that they'd try and appeal to the kids and that they'd sell some tickets from fanboys/girls who would buy tickets to any Sleeping with Sirens gig even as a support band. I'm sure they would've sold some tickets this way, but still absolutely mental. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Oh, really? Interesting! My favourite is Siren Song. Bloody wonderful album. Paper Wings is by far and away my favourite song they’ve ever made. 

Probably RPM for me, but Siren Song is incredible. Agreed on Paper Wings, absolute banger. Need to bring that back live

1 minute ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Wasn't aware the tour sold badly. I'd put a decent amount of the blame on to whoever booked the support slot. I've seen Anti-Flag support them, Pennywise support them, both great bookings and both times me and a few mates were on the fence then saw the support and thought "no we have to go its worth it for the double header". But this time they decide to book Sleeping with Sirens?? That's one of the worst booked tours I've ever seen. The only possible explanation is that they somehow thought that they'd try and appeal to the kids and that they'd sell some tickets from fanboys/girls who would buy tickets to any Sleeping with Sirens gig even as a support band. I'm sure they would've sold some tickets this way, but still absolutely mental. 

Hahaha completely agree, propper fucked me off that