Download 2018

Hart Attack

Meh. Kind of impartial. Quite a few of bands I'd see but none I'd go out of my way to see though reckon it'll be enough for my mates to consider going so I guess that also means that there is enough for me to consider going :lol:  

Out of those I'd probably see Parkway, Rise Against, Alexisonfire, Neck Deep, The Hives and WSTR. I might also see Babymetal, BFMV and Mayday depending on what my mates do

Though where the hell are Converge :P 

Edited by justanothername

21 minutes ago, Jericode said:

doing Reading instead,

What is this word? The only festival you do Reading instead of, is Leeds. :)

I like the announcement. Will have to listen to Alexisonfire as I don't think I've ever listened to them somehow. Everyone seems to be raving about them the most. Surprised at the lack of Babymeatl reaction. 

7 minutes ago, devilman said:

I like the announcement. Will have to listen to Alexisonfire as I don't think I've ever listened to them somehow. Everyone seems to be raving about them the most. Surprised at the lack of Babymeatl reaction. 

Think a lot of people expected Babymetal's return, but Alexisonfire have come out of nowhere as they haven't toured much at all over here since their reunion (just Reading and Leeds two years ago now) so it's a pretty sweet booking.

Wonder if this means there's new material coming.

Edited by FloorFiller

33 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Anyone know what the twitter reactions like?

"This is absolute fucking shite not even joking steaming shite"

"Here we go, one ok band and a shit load of filler. Please please please go back to just having 6 or 7 decent bands on one day than 200 plus bands most of which are shite over 3 days"

"Christ not Babymetal! Would rather watch Boris Johnson playing spoons than watch them"

It has actually been largely positive tho.

Edited by JSmurphy

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

It's actually been largely positive tho.

Been going since 2011 and there hasn't been a single year without someone saying "Download is finished", "Off to Bloodstock then",  and "Give us some REAL bands".

You could have nothing but classic/death metal bands and you'd more or less get the same comments.

44 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Still seem to be targeting the youngens. Hardly anything for the oldies there minus the headliners.

Anyone know what the twitter reactions like?

True, quite a weird thing to see. They got Ozzy and GnR to headline but no other legacy acts ATM. I'm hoping it'll change but right now it looks like they got those to only because "that's what all the other festivals are doing".

10 minutes ago, dannymichaels said:

Been going since 2011 and there hasn't been a single year without someone saying "Download is finished", "Off to Bloodstock then",  and "Give us some REAL bands".

You could have nothing but classic/death metal bands and you'd more or less get the same comments.

IDK about the past years since I didn't go, but with the exception of 2011 and 2014, the last 7 years looked pretty good for old school fans. This year, at least IMO is really shitty at the moment. Just compare it to DL Madrid and Paris, both look better to me, not to even mention other festivals across europe. Hope to see some better bands on the bill, but it's a real dissapointment for now.

At a glance, kind of assuming BFMV and Manson to headline second stage - but also feel Parkway would be prime for that spot. Manson could sub still, with a Wembley Arena show to reaffirm credentials - feel BFMV higher than third on main is making an almighty push on a dying horse in a sense.

Babymetal fourth down main - though curveball could be a second stage headline option versus Ozzy, if they were to tour with full production. Probably got enough staying power and fun time appeal to beef up a 65-minute set at a push.

A guy on the Download forum who posted the bands announced tonight over an hour before the announcement has said that Parkway Drive are headlining second with Babymetal subbing them on one of the days, assumed to be the Sunday. 

Bullet and Manson must be subs. 

Edited by Andre91

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

A guy on the Download forum who posted the bands announced tonight over an hour before the announcement has said that Parkway Drive are headlining second with Babymetal subbing them on one of the days, assumed to be the Sunday. 

Bullet and Manson must be subs. 

It was a day before the announcement.

Avenged Sevenfold / Bullet For My Valentine / Trivium / Black Veil Brides / Asking Alexandria / Body Count / Stray From The Path 

Ghost / Meshuggah 

Neck Deep 

Guns N’ Roses / Black Stone Cherry / Alice In Chains / The Hives / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / While She Sleeps / Code Orange / Milk Teeth 

Rise Against / Alexisonfire 

Converge 

Ozzy Osbourne / Marilyn Manson / Stone Sour / Black Rebel Motorcycle Club / Stone Temple Pilots / Avatar / Phil Campbell & The Bastard Sons / Turbowolf 

Parkway Drive / Babymetal 

PVRIS

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Avenged Sevenfold / Bullet For My Valentine / Trivium / Black Veil Brides / Asking Alexandria / Body Count / Stray From The Path 

Ghost / Meshuggah 

Neck Deep 

Guns N’ Roses / Black Stone Cherry / Alice In Chains / The Hives / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / While She Sleeps / Code Orange / Milk Teeth 

Rise Against / Alexisonfire 

Converge 

Ozzy Osbourne / Marilyn Manson / Stone Sour / Black Rebel Motorcycle Club / Stone Temple Pilots / Avatar / Phil Campbell & The Bastard Sons / Turbowolf 

Parkway Drive / Babymetal 

PVRIS

I'd love the above. Fingers crossed 

3 hours ago, devilman said:

Haha, fair comment. Download always falls the weekend of my girlfriend's birthday and after showing her the line-up she doesn't seem keen, so I'll be doing something with her instead. It's a great inconvenience on my life.

I have fully converted her on Reading Festival though after taking her in 2016 so I'm just hoping the line-up is solid this year!

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

I don't see Marilyn Manson being third down. Either subbing or second stage headline. I'd go for the former option.

If he is subbing he's above 2nd stage headliner, it's not an equalled spot. 3rd down these days is 2nd stage headliner.....unless he gives bands higher because he booked GNR....probably, happened others like Korn but no one has pulled out of this.