Download 2018

Hart Attack

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

A certainty, I’d say. They’re being tipped as a sub by many but it wouldn’t surprise me if they played third down. 

What do people think about Bizkit? Reckon they will rock up? 

From a selfish point of view Bizkit under Avenged would be cracking as it'd get my mates on board, but I appreciate they're not everybodies cup of tea.

13 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Well yes but if R&L didn't exist they'd be more likely to want to do Download as there would be less alternatives for them, which is the whole point.

My basic point is: 

If BST doesn't exist last year- 

Green Day aren't at BST. Green Day may instead do Reading and Leeds > 

Reading and Leeds doesn't exist or want Green Day > 

Green Day's only option for a festival performance is Download 

That's basically what you're looking at in the European countries that get "better" lineups each year. Same reason why Graspop has Jusas Priest this year but Download doesn't 

Judas Priest aren't offered a headline slot at Bloodstock > 

Judas Priest probably end up at Download this year 

45 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

My basic point is: 

If BST doesn't exist last year- 

Green Day aren't at BST. Green Day may instead do Reading and Leeds > 

Reading and Leeds doesn't exist or want Green Day > 

Green Day's only option for a festival performance is Download 

That's basically what you're looking at in the European countries that get "better" lineups each year. Same reason why Graspop has Jusas Priest this year but Download doesn't 

Judas Priest aren't offered a headline slot at Bloodstock > 

Judas Priest probably end up at Download this year 

Look what bands have chose to play R&L though and more than once instead of Download when they have a European show within the weeks surrounding.

On 18/11/2017 at 11:16 PM, Swansea93 said:

Architects have sold out Ally Pally so makes no difference if they get announced now. 

Such great news I really hope this show is a defining moment.

I'd also love to see them at Download after they had to cancel 2016.

Has anyone been to one of the Enter Shikari shows so far in light of them probably playing Download?

45 minutes ago, jc0v said:

Has anyone been to one of the Enter Shikari shows so far in light of them probably playing Download?

Saw them on Saturday, relatively heavy set and they were amazing. Could definitely see them at Download or Reading depending on whether they play more of their older stuff.

3 hours ago, jc0v said:

Such great news I really hope this show is a defining moment.

I'd also love to see them at Download after they had to cancel 2016.

They were absolutely incredible. The new songs sounded massive. Loved that they kept some older songs in there as people went mad for them. 

They should sub DL. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

They were absolutely incredible. The new songs sounded massive. Loved that they kept some older songs in there as people went mad for them. 

They should sub DL. 

With all the bands around at the minute they won't sub DL, plus they're not really big enough for it IMO.

Was in Berlin for Stonesour and FFDP. If you are catching them on the UK legs you are in for a treat. SS were shit hot. Corey is an amazing front man. Ivan. however has come back too early and is clearly being helped through the set. Don't get me wrong, they were still excellent but he's not right. SS a shoe in for DL, 3rd down for me. FFDP need to go on holiday.

• Upvote 1

One would imagine that they are exclusive to Stone Free - and would likely refuse a lower spot than sub on pride reasons - so feel Scorpions can be ruled out.

Megadeth underneath however, is a different ball game. Third down on last three showings - could be a safe bet to be in the mix again? It has been two years, so could be a FFDP type deal a la 15/17.